Profile for Electroman > Reviews

Content by Electroman

Electroman (uk)

Learning PHP, MySQL & JavaScript: With jQuery, CSS & HTML5 (Learning Php, Mysql, Javascript, Css & Html5)
by Robin Nixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jun. 2017
A great help.

Ariete 2000 Watt Bon Cuisine Mini Oven with Rotisserie, Silver
Ariete 2000 Watt Bon Cuisine Mini Oven with Rotisserie, Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars It failed within warranty and repair is a problem., 1 Jun. 2014
I am a retired electronics engineer with 30 years experience, so when a heating element suddenly failed I decided that I could repair it quicker myself than by using the warranty process.
That is when I discovered the special screw that could not be undone because of a central spike within the screwhead's socket that obstructed access by standard tools( I have a large collection). I could have asked why they designed it this way, but their answer would have been that "Repair should only be carried out by qualified engineers". By which they probably mean only their engineers.
If the fault had occurred outside of the warranty period, this would have been expensive.
I am taking it to the rubbish dump as soon as my newly ordered oven is delivered.
The question also arises as to whether this is a company design policy or a their interpretation of a legal requirement.
Either way, I am not buying an Ariete product again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2016 4:50 PM BST

Digital Stream DHR8205U Set-Top Box with Freeview+ HD, 500GB HDD and 3x USB
Digital Stream DHR8205U Set-Top Box with Freeview+ HD, 500GB HDD and 3x USB

2.0 out of 5 stars Its operation annoyed me and then it failed., 29 May 2014
Every time that I chose a non-HD channel with an HD alternative, it displayed a message asking if I wanted to choose the HD channel.
The message covered about a fifth of the screen and lasted several seconds.
Since I was scanning channels this meant that if I surrendered and choose an HD channel, then my next displayed list of channels would begin about 100 away from where I wanted to be.
All they had to do was to program each channel selection with a pre-progammed choice, so that channel 1(BBC 1) would always be one channel. WITH NO MESSAGES.
And then it stopped recording. I was still within the warranty period, but I prefer to take it to the nearest dump.
I never want it back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 10:29 AM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but it could easily do better, 29 May 2014
It autoscans but finds about ten per cent fewer channels than a PVR.
It can record for a specific time period, but first you have to select the channel, then select record.
I was unable to program it to record a given program on a given channel, though it could scan channels for future programs.
In summary, it works but it is missing the ability to program future events - and once the signal input is switched off, it stayed off until I switched the power off and on.

Your Book in Print: How Custom Publishing Can Work for You
Your Book in Print: How Custom Publishing Can Work for You
by Athena Dean

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for American christians, 1 April 2010
This book was written for American christians who wish to see their own beliefs in print, in America. It encourages and supports them in their efforts.
If I had known this in advance, I would never had bought it.
I am not an American. I am interested in publishing secular material, both fiction and non-fiction, preferably in the UK.
I wish that I had never bought it. It has no value for me at all.
If the Amazon system had allowed me to rate this item as zero stars,I would have.

This book should not be offered outside of the USA by Amazon, without it being made very clear who the book is for : American christians who wish to publish their beliefs in America.

The  C Programming Language (2nd Edition)
The C Programming Language (2nd Edition)
by Brian W. Kernighan

4.0 out of 5 stars ANSI C, 27 July 2009
It is more of a dictionary with examples, than an instruction book. If you are studying software laguage(s), then it is clinically precise and invaluable reference. It is not written to be user-friendly to the novice, so if you are a beginner, do not choose this book.