Profile for Cats Whiskers > Reviews

Content by Cats Whiskers

Cats Whiskers (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Matched
Matched

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and original., 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Matched (Kindle Edition)
A very original and entertaining dystopian novel. I loved the characters and genuinely cared about what happened to them all. The Society was well thought out. Like the main character, initially I saw the society as not to bad, protective and caring if a little restricting. People seemed to enjoy good health and long lives. Gradually, though, you start to see just how controlling the society is, restricting knowledge and food and even deciding which citizens are less important and giving them the dangerous jobs which kill them early. I want to know what happens next, so I will be buying the next book in the series. Highly recommended for fans of Dystopian novels.

Neptune's Tears (Timedance)
Neptune's Tears (Timedance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and original. Recommended., 23 Jun. 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this very original science fiction romance. I found it gripping and very entertaining. I could really feel the chemistry between Zee and David. My only complaint is it ended very abruptly, although is clearly part of a series. I can't wait to read the follow up.

A House in the Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 1)
A House in the Sunflowers (The Sunflowers Trilogy Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, very enjoyable and well written., 12 April 2014
An absolutely beautiful book. Very entertaining, very well written and thoroughly enjoyable. My only complaint, and the reason for 4 stars instead of 5, is there were frequent quotes/ comments in French which mostly had no translation. Sometimes I could get the gist of what had been said from the subject being discussed but more often I had no idea what had been said (even a translation in an appendix if the author felt that it would slow the pace of the story). Despite this, I have bought the other 2 books in the trilogy and am looking forward to reading them.

Barking at Winston
Barking at Winston

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me. Gave up on this book., 1 April 2014
I do not like to give up on books, but I found this badly written and the characters were annoying, and I only managed a few chapters before deleting it from my Kindle. I have now learned the importance of trying a sample of a book before buying it, no matter how good the description sounds.

Night of Cake and Puppets: A Daughter of Smoke and Bone Novella (Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beutifully written and intriguing., 1 April 2014
After reading Days of Blood and Starlight, I vowed never to buy anything else from this author. However the intriguing title and gorgeous cover of this short story convinced me to give it a go, and I absolutely loved it. It tells the beautiful story of Zuzana and Mik, and how they got together. Beautifully written, gorgeous description of scenery and a fascinating story. I really felt like I was going through their evening with them.

Wedding Night
Wedding Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Kinsella does it again. Brilliant., 1 April 2014
This review is from: Wedding Night (Kindle Edition)
I am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella, and to date have all of her books (except I've Got Your Number) and have loved every one. With the surprising amount of negative reviews, I was concerned if this book would live up to her previous work, and I am pleased to say that for me it did. It has her usual cast of loveable, slightly dysfunctional but wonderful characters. A well written, entertaining story which had me laughing out loud. My only criticism is it seemed to end very abruptly. With my Kindle I am often unsure how close I am to the end of a book, and I turned the page only to be surprised it had finished. Otherwise, highly recommended, and I cannot wait for her next book.

Summer Nights (Mills & Boon M&B) (A Fool's Gold Novel, Book 8)
Summer Nights (Mills & Boon M&B) (A Fool's Gold Novel, Book 8)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 21 Aug. 2013
I did not find this a particularyly well written book. I thought the story was weak and an excuse for graffic sex scenes. The main character appeared to me to be trying to seduce the main lead man, despite the author trying to descibe her as sweet and innocent. I am glad I only paid 99p for this book and am unlikely to try anything else from this author.

What Alice Forgot
What Alice Forgot

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Very well written and utterly gripping., 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: What Alice Forgot (Kindle Edition)
I cannot remember when I was last so completely gripped by a book. It was extremely well written and impossible to put down. It is told through the eyes of Alice, who has lost a significant part of her memory and has no idea how her life turned out the way it has. As readers, you go through every emotion with her as you are given small pieces of the puzzle at a time. I prefered the younger version of Alice, and almost did not want her to get her memory back as I did not want her to change back to the older Alice.
The side story, with Elizabeth, is utterly heartbreaking. Her reaction towards the end of the book is so realistically told that you feel you are living it with her.
I had no idea, until the last few pages, how the story was going to end but was very happy with the ending.
Highly recommended. I will definitely look out for other work by this author.

Love Letters, Historical Romance
Love Letters, Historical Romance

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 6 Jun. 2013
I found the first story just abour readable, but actually gave up on the second story and deleted from my Kindle. I found it unpleasent and not especially well written.

April's Fool (Avalon Romance)
April's Fool (Avalon Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, feel good romance., 6 Jun. 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining. A little predictable, but did not find it worse for that. Really enjoyed it and would recommend if looking for a feel-good, escapist romance. Will look out for more books by this author.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2013 12:07 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2