Profile for trewornan > Reviews

Content by trewornan

trewornan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
CaseGuru Kobo Aura 2013/2014 Book Case/Cover/Folio Jacket with document holder for New Kobo Aura 6" eReader (Purple)
Offered by Case Guru

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 22 Jan. 2015
Works well at a very reasonable price, turns the ereader on and off on open/close. Nice magnetic catch that closes very securely. Build quality is excellent, it's fake leather but seems durable and you couldn't expect real leather at this price point. Only minor niggle is the band holding the ereader in the case covers half the on/off switch and makes it awkward to use, fortunately this isn't a major problem because of the automatic on/off.

Jabra WAVE Corded Mono Headset - Black
Jabra WAVE Corded Mono Headset - Black
Offered by Technomobiles2016

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't pick up your voice as well as I'd hoped, 20 Jun. 2014
I was hoping this would solve the problem I have with almost all headsets but unfortunately I still get a lot of complaints that people can't hear me when using it. Sound for me is very good.Not a bad headset otherwise but I wasted my money because I have lots of other wired headsets which are just as good but were significantly cheaper.

kenable C8 Figure Of Eight Socket to C5 Clover Leaf Plug Adapter
kenable C8 Figure Of Eight Socket to C5 Clover Leaf Plug Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 20 Jun. 2014
Does the job very competently. Solidly constructed, I feel pretty confident it'll last years (probably longer than the charger I bought it for). Slightly expensive for what it is, but not an unreasonable price.

Moto G SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (8GB)
Moto G SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (8GB)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly fragile, 15 May 2014
"Gorilla Glass" is very misleading marketing bull - "Eggshell Glass" might be a better description. The screen will shatter completely at the slightest impact. Less than a two foot fall onto a wood floor and this phone was completely wrecked.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 3:23 PM BST

Marlinspike Sailor
Marlinspike Sailor
by Hervey Garrett Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Marlinspike Sailor (Paperback)
Doesn't contain as much as one would hope - just a few projects and some fairly basic knots and sinnets. I was disappointed and had hoped for more.

Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding
Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding
by Bruce Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 12 Feb. 2014
What an incredible book - I'm not into leather working but I like tying knots and this book is an amazing resource for fancy knots. I don't know any other book that contains so many advanced knots with such excellent instructions and illustrations. Highly recommended!

(Discontinued by Manufacturer)
(Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but adequate, 12 Feb. 2014
It's not the largest TV ever but it fits nicely in my bedroom and is plenty big enough for me, picture is bright and clear with no ghosting. DVD player didn't last very long and broke after playing only a few DVDs - I don't care but it might be a problem for someone else. Overall I've been very happy with it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly warm, 15 April 2013
Thick and somewhat heavy but for sheer warmth it's fantastic and I like a nice thick heavy duvet - it's very comfortable. Excellent value for money and if you don't heat your house at night and live in a cold climate you need one of these. I've slept well in a unheated room at -10C without a problem using this.

Kobo eReader Touch Edition 15.2 cm (6) 2GB black
Kobo eReader Touch Edition 15.2 cm (6) 2GB black

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 28 Mar. 2013
This is my second Kobo Touch - first one had issues after about six months as a result of being dropped. Went back to Smiths and they replaced it without question, which is very good customer service (I didn't mention how it became non-functional).

Things to like:

Not tied to a particular store (although the Kobo store is very good)
Not tied to a particular format (epubs work best though)
Small/thin

Things not to like:

Slow start up
Slow searching
Finicky about SD cards - some brands don't work
If a "bad" book is added all books fail to load but it doesn't tell you which book caused the problem and sometimes corrupts the database so you have to reset the entire thing. If you're adding multiple books at once this is an absolute pain.

Overall, my experience has been very good. It has been a godsend when travelling and on holidays and I use it at home all the time. There are a number of odd little glitches (mostly with the firmware) some of which can be annoying but they can mostly be worked around and don't affect the actual reading experience. Only the last issue is a serious annoyance. I may at some time replace it with a Glo as I can see advantages with the back light function so you might want to consider that option.

SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-B35 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Known problems, 11 Feb. 2013
Don't buy these - search "Sandisk Cruzer Write Protection Error" and you'll find there are well documented problems with these drives which Sandisk are refusing to acknowlege and try to blame on user error. These will spontaneously fail and give the a write protection error for no reason sometimes even fresh out of the package.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3