Profile for gros1440 > Reviews

gros1440

Rotosound 071 Small Shark Tooth Picks
Rotosound 071 Small Shark Tooth Picks

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 16 Feb. 2014
If you have small hands, like me, even a normal-size pick can be quite 'unyielding'. This product, however, has just the perfect size to become part of my fingers. The pointed tip enables fast playing and, most importantly, does not wear down easily.

ClimeMET CM2011 Digital Thermometer & Hygrometer with Outdoor sensor
ClimeMET CM2011 Digital Thermometer & Hygrometer with Outdoor sensor

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 16 Feb. 2014
I cannot recommend anyone buying this product as I have found it very frustrating and useless. The first time, I put my sensor into the garden shed where, after some time of trying, I finally received a reliable signal for the unit placed above on the window sill. However, when the batteries had run out and I exchanged them, it was impossible to get a signal from this location again. So after lots of trying I placed the sensor outside on my window sill, basically next to the indoor unit, and I managed to receive a signal now and then, which is obviously not good enough!
The reason I bought the product was because I thought it might have a longer life span than those with wired sensors, as the wires tend to break after a few years. However, at least those did work for a few years, compared to only a few months of unreliable service of this product!

Bible Of The Beast
Bible Of The Beast

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely awesome!, 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Bible Of The Beast (Audio CD)
If you think the song titles sound amusing this may be your type of thing! This album has never failed to cheer me up :) In fact, I would rate it as one of the best metal albums of all time. You surely can't get more power metal than that! I absolutely love Werewolves of Armenia ... EINS ZWEI DREI VIER! ...

Wolf Pack: The Story of the U-Boat in World War II
Wolf Pack: The Story of the U-Boat in World War II
by Gordon Williamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on an amazing subject matter, 21 July 2012
This is my first book on u-boats and I'm absolutely hooked now! The contents is well laid out, packed with information, and includes lots of photographs as well as very helpful drawings. It's difficult to put the book down. Highly recommended.

Seasons In The Abyss
Seasons In The Abyss

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slayer ever!, 31 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Seasons In The Abyss (Audio CD)
For me personally this is their best album. Everything on it is simply perfect: the sound, the aggression, the diversity, the guitars, the drumming, the voice and lyrics - you would not want to change anything about it. In fact I am certain this is one of the best metal albums of all time, and surely my favourite!

Balls Out
Balls Out

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Balls Out (Audio CD)
I really love their first album Feel The Steel. The music is great - it rocks! - and the lyrics are hilarious ... I still cannot get enough of it! Because of the high standard they had set with the first album this one is disappointing. It just does not deliver on the same level. There are one or two great songs but overall I found it musically rather standard - the singing and the melodies - and the lyrics are nowhere near as good either. Such a shame :( Let's keep our fingers crossed for the next album.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2012 10:56 AM BST

IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome): The First Year - An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed (Patient-expert Guides)
by Heather Van Vorous

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book on IBS you need!, 1 July 2011
For me, personally, this is the only book on IBS that is helpful and I do not know what I would do without it! There is so much information on IBS out there (internet, literature) which is completely useless, so this book is a real gem. I would recommend it to anybody suffering from IBS.

Love Tactics
Love Tactics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, BUT..., 1 July 2011
This review is from: Love Tactics (Kindle Edition)
This is surely one one the best books I have ever read (more than once) and I would recommend it to anybody, no matter in what situation they are in. The advice you receive makes sense and is simply invaluable. HOWEVER, I strongy contest that you can get everybody you want, regardless how perfectly you apply the principles of this book! Even if the one you want likes/loves you too, there can still be plenty of other reasons that may hold the person back from wanting to be with you. Not everybody decides for love, other people may find reputation, convenience, money, circumstances, lack of courage, family ties, etc. stonger reasons to decide against you. Nevertheless, do read this book, but please be sensible and know when to stop persuing the one you want, because some emotional trauma may be entirely wasted and bring you no rewards whatsoever.

Happiness Now!: Timeless Wisdom for Feeling Good Fast!
Happiness Now!: Timeless Wisdom for Feeling Good Fast!
by Robert Holden
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 1 July 2011
Although this book contains many wisdoms it also claimes many things I could not agree with. What I liked least about it is the frequent mention of God and prayers - surely non-believers can be happy, too?! Overall, I thought the contents of the book often quite repetitive. The two main messages of the book are 1) happiness is within you and always available to you, and 2) you do not need a reason to be happy, just be ... If only life was that simple! Nevertheless, I would still recommend reading it, because it does contain other good bits. It's just that I, personally, could not whole-heartedly embrace it. However, I can fully recommend the following book if you want down-to-earth practical advice that makes perfect sense: The How of Happiness: A Practical Guide to Getting The Life You Want