Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Mozafar > Reviews

Content by Mozafar

Mozafar

Motorola Moto G - Leather Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector & Mini Touch Stylus Pen + Polishing Cloth (Black)
Offered by GB Online Sales

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. The plastic casing got broken at ..., 22 Feb. 2015
Does the job. The plastic casing got broken at the top when it fell down, the pockets got loose as I filled them with loads of cards, and it becomes harder to undo the casing as it gathers dust with time, but still a very decent product.

Packard Bell EasyNote 10.1 Touchscreen Notebook (Iron) - (Intel Celeron N2806 1.6GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, WLAN, Bluetooth, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

1.0 out of 5 stars ... to an installation choice that clutters it with non useful software that just slows it down to the ground, 22 Feb. 2015
Packard Bell did not itself any favours by pairing a slow processor with an awful version of Windows then defaulting (or accepting to default) to an installation choice that clutters it with non useful software that just slows it down to the ground.

I don't think I ever disliked a tech product as much as this one. Although big part of it is because of the Windows 8 coming with it. It was slow to the point that it was unusable from the first day, this might be due to the fact that I installed it using the Quick install option (which added a lot of unnecessary software) but I still consider it the responsibility of the product to ensure that you don't get an unusable operating system (especially that most users will obviously go the quick install). The other possible reason for the slowness is the celeron processor, I felt Windows 8 was too resources hungry for the cheap end of Intel processors.

The touchscreen was cumbersome, keyboard too small, not to mention the simply idiotic confusing nature of Windows 8 as an operating system, but that is an unrelated rant..

I returned this product after a week.

BQLZR Tenor Saxophone Mute Sax Sound Metal Dampener Practice
BQLZR Tenor Saxophone Mute Sax Sound Metal Dampener Practice
Offered by BQLZR(8-18days arrive by free shipping)

1.0 out of 5 stars just makes it funny, 22 Feb. 2015
Doesn't really reduce the sound, just makes it funny

Unisex Oversized Knit Baggy Beanie Hat Cap Cable Knit Hat / 4 styles and 5 colours (Baggy-Hat-Gray)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 22 Feb. 2015
Bad quality. Got teared after a month of use.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad product - but still gets 3 stars from me, 22 Feb. 2015
I returned this product as I didn't like it. I still felt it's fair to give it 3 stars given the price.

For the price tag, I didn't expect to have a killer product, just something decent enough to do the basics, browse the internet, read some books and listen to some music. The problem is that unlike laptops, pcs and other electronics in general, the bar is set very high when it comes to tablets. The first tablet we all used and that sets the standard is an amazing - albeit expensive - product, beautiful inside out. I found myself expecting more from a tablet, even if I paid one tenth of the price of an iPad:

The tablet feels very plasticky, but I didn't expect/care about the aesthetics of the product given the price. The sound was ok. Experience and applications-wise, it comes with Android so you can expect all what you would get in any other android tablet/phone.

The touch screen is very uncomfortable, always felt sticky and had to touch more than once to get any interaction. But all of that was ok, given the price, the deal breaker for me was the quality of the screen, it is simply horrible. It is very unpleasant to read on it even for few minutes, I tried manipulating the settings, upping the brightness etc.. but nothing works, it is just a bad screen (and probably why it can be sold with such a low price).

The bottom line is this would have been an OK product, if I wasn't - like all consumers - so used to high quality tablets with impressive display, sound and experience. Of course, they cost a fortune and I would give a lot of that for a decently priced tablet, but this one is not it.

Eeazy-Gizmo Black Sublime Portable Laptop Adjustable Foldable Tray Table USB Bed Stand

2.0 out of 5 stars mediocre, 27 Oct. 2012
Good idea but mediocre implementation. Very wobbly, very hard to get it right and very hard to get the angles right especially to use in bed, always seems very high and when the height is right then the laptop is too heavy and it's no longer standing still. Also it doesn't come with any guide, so you have to try it yourself until you figure out how it works (I am not even sure if I got it right till now).

I liked the creativity of it at the start, but all in all, it's of disappointing quality and am not using it anymore.

CLR via C#
CLR via C#
by Jeffrey Richter

5.0 out of 5 stars takes you to the next level, 8 Sept. 2011
This review is from: CLR via C# (Paperback)
I have been doing C# for five years and I thought I knew it all, and boy I was wrong. This is by far one of the most intense reading about C# (definitely for total beginners), it will take your knowledge of C# from a "user" level to someone who really knows what goes under the hood, for me personally, it opened new doors in terms of how I code.

.NET makes it far too easy to start developing applications without real in-depth knowledge, the entry barrier is much much lower than C++ (and dare I say Java), this comes with a drawback. The average programmer - like me - knows much less than the average programmer in those other languages. This book helps you take a step to separate yourself from the average knowledge. It goes into deep details of what goes in the CLR, the IL produced when you write code, performance issues, new constructs in C#4 etc... The result is a huge mindset shift, you don't simply write code that works but you actually think about how is it compiled and JITed, and you start thinking of using tools like the disassembler for the first time! Highly recommended.

The Essential Guide to HTML5: Using Games to learn HTML5 and JavaScript
The Essential Guide to HTML5: Using Games to learn HTML5 and JavaScript
by Jeanine Meyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad, 2 Sept. 2011
The problem with the author is that she is having a real problem identifying her target group, you simply can't write a book that is good for total beginners to experts in the same time, it's an impossible mission imo and the case of this book it was a total failure. The author to write a book for everyone but she lost everyone.

Since the start, it was obvious for me that the book is not for experienced developers but my problem was that I thought it will be even worse for beginners, so who is it targeting? For beginners, there is a small chapter called the Basics, this is the basics of HTML (HTML4 in my opinion) and CSS and Javascript, all scrummed in 18 pages with half of them are pictures (and ugly tables for code samples). After that, it jumps straight to using canvas and the drawing api. I can't imagine how is this helpful for a complete beginner.

Another issue for beginners is the code quality, I think that teaching bad habits and design for beginners is just awful and the code samples in here are definitely not top-quality. To make it worse, the author tries hard to re-invent the wheel when it comes to terminology, like scripting languages, compiled languages, objects etc... she tries to explain in a way that she thinks it's simple, I can not say for sure how easy this makes it for beginners but a big part of any serious coding exercise is convention and patterns so I think that beginners will have an easier time speaking the language and terminology that everyone around them will be speaking.

For an experienced reader, who knows some HTML and javascript, there is no real mention of what's new in HTML5, so you will not learn about HTML5. You will - supposedly - learn about the drawing api and canvas, only that. And don't be put off by that, because this api is definitely worth a book by its own, but this is just not the right book.

To top it all, the killer for this book in my view is the very bad layout, using tables for code sample with code on the left and comments on the right, very ugly, very unreadable and ironically enough using TABLES for presentation in a book about HTML5.

This is the first review I write on Amazon and the reason is I got deceived by the two positive reviews the book had at the start, and a colleague of mine also bought it for the same reason so I felt give my honest opinion then you decide.