Profile for K A Hall > Reviews

Content by K A Hall

K A Hall "kazann" (Milton Keynes, Bucks)

Carcassonne
Carcassonne

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to spend some time with your teenagers..., 24 April 2011
This review is from: Carcassonne (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this game because I'd played it with some friends and really enjoyed it. It doesn't take too long to play, is a strategy game that doesn't demand you have a mind like a chess grand-master, and it's different every single time. Great. Having made the purchase (followed by the first expansion - Inns and Cathedrals - which I recommend once you've got to grips with the initial game)I suggested to my two children (well, 18 and 20 year olds)that we have a game. A bit of huffing and puffing, spending time with the old fogies playing bored (sorry, board) games...dull. What a surprise. They love it. They want to sit and play it (probably partly because they always beat me...ha!) because they find it genuinely fun. So, it's a truly great family game. I highly recommend it and hope it helps you spend more time with the family...if that's what you'd like!

Origin Of Symmetry
Origin Of Symmetry
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars How I became a Muse fan - and why I always will be., 24 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Origin Of Symmetry (Audio CD)
I am outside the usual Muse fan demographic if I'm honest. A bit older than most in that the first album I had of theirs was 'Black Holes and Revelations' bought for me by my teenagers for Mother's Day! Loved the album so went and bought 'Absolution' and 'Origin of Symmetry'. At first I found both slightly more inaccessible than BHAR. I stuck them in the CD interchanger and listened, and listened and then...I got it. The depth, intricacy and sheer brilliance of this music grabbed me, wrapped me up and held on tight. I agree with the reviewer who says that 'Origin of Symmetry' is a perfect album. There is no bad track and 'Citizen Erased' is the best track of all. After listening to all the Muse CDs for 3 months in preparation for visiting Wembley for their Supermassive gig, I now find other music seems one dimensional and rather staid. Having removed the CDs from the car to listen to other stuff for a change, I've now reloaded it with Muse. They were beyond awesome at Wembley, and I went prepared to be disappointed. If you are in doubt, doubt no longer. Buy this album or any other Muse album, take a bit of time and enter a higher level of appreciation for what man and music can achieve.