Profile for Marie > Reviews

Content by Marie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 318

Marie "mariej30" (East Anglia)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
Zotrim Herbal Weight Loss Aid 90+90 Tablets
Zotrim Herbal Weight Loss Aid 90+90 Tablets
Offered by KKEnterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars Losing Weight but is it the tablets?, 24 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After about a week of usage I have lost a few pounds.

However, I am unsure as to whether this is due to the fact that the leaflet tells you to drink a full glass of water with a couple of tablets before each main meal. After drinking a full cup (which is something I would not normally do) I do feel rather full and thus eat less of my main meals.

So it is hard to say whether the actual tablets are helping or whether just the process of drinking water before you eat is helping - or indeed both.

But I'm pleased that i seem to be starting to lose weight so therefore give the product a generous 4 stars for now!

The Taste of Sorrow
The Taste of Sorrow
by Jude Morgan

4.0 out of 5 stars A good yarn but the title is right!, 24 Jun. 2010
This review is from: The Taste of Sorrow (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this book for my mother who is fascinated by the BrontŽ sisters so this seemed entirely appropriate.

My mum loved it and passed it on to me. I have to say that it wasn't my cup of tea because as the title so aptly says "A Taste of Sorrow" and yes it is rather bleak and depressing! This suited my mother perfectly but I'm very different and prefer books which are very upbeat.

So perfect as a gift (in my case) but not something which I care to read myself.

I Can Draw At The Shops
I Can Draw At The Shops
by Simon Abbott
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD WIPE CLEAN BOARD BOOK, 17 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good wipe-clean board book - my daughter (3) loves wipe clean activity books full stop and they last and last unlike paper activity books.

This one was just ok for us. It doesn't have a great deal of pages to it and I think it is limited in what it is asking the child to do - copy a picture. Perhaps my daughter is too young to get the copying concept as she gets bored quite quickly and then just scribbles. So maybe it is better for an older child or for a child who really wants to learn to draw.

I also think it a little pricey for what it is. And personally for a little extra I would recommend My Big Activity Work Book [With 2 Wipe-Clean Pens] which has simply tons of pages (56) and is packed full of activities which are also educational - tracing letters, numbers, shapes, basic addition, 4x4 sudoku and dot-to-dots. My daughter cannot do all of this but can certainly do quite a bit with the bonus that there is a lot more to last her another couple of years.

Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 8
Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 8

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL FOR TRADITIONAL CARD-MAKERS TOO!, 17 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been making cards for the past 10 years and enjoy the process of layering up different papers and embellishments onto a card. So I'll admit I was curious about this product and also a little bit dubious as to whether I would get much use out of it because I love traditional card-making so much.

However, with the steeply rising postal prices, it works out a lot cheaper to send flat cards rather then 3-D embellished ones in the post and also with the added bonus of being able to send cards via email which does away with postal costs altogether. So there were some reasons for me wanting to try the software out.

It took a little while to install and I think you do need a fair bit of free disk space to fully install everything. Once it was up and running, I decided to make a thank you card so I chose a template to start with of which there are simply loads and loads to choose from. I used the base template and then added on (using a very easy side menu) all the embellishments I would normally add onto a traditional paper card - corners, ribbon, bows, brads and layered paper etc. The choice of additions was fantastic and it pretty much worked how I am used to creating cards by hand - but without any mess!!!

My first "card" was a success and I've since made many more cards including a Father's Day card which I normally struggle to come up with any ideas for.

I don't think it will completely replace my normal paper crafting because sometimes I do like the tactileness of getting stuck in to a craft project. But I certainly think that this is the way I will be making the majority of my cards from now on especially as I have a toddler and am always pushed for time as it is. It's just so much quicker, the results are excellent and I could just be totally lazy and use a template as it is if I wanted to.

I would really urge people to give this a try - even if you are a traditional card-maker like I have been.

Transparent Dutch Premium
Transparent Dutch Premium

4.0 out of 5 stars Professional Language Learning, 18 May 2010
This review is from: Transparent Dutch Premium (CD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With this audio course, I copied the audio files onto my ipod touch mp3 player so I could easily listen to them whilst travelling. I should just about pick up enough for our holiday later this year. Even if I fall asleep, I feel that it's going in subconsciously too.

I've actually used the audio files more than the computer product which is based on both visual and audio learning. The computer side seems very polished but I have less time personally to sit at a PC and so for me it is easier to listen to the files while I'm on the move.

From what I've read, Dutch is a good second language to learn if English is your first language. And this is because it is apparently closest to our native tongue.

Of course most Dutch speak English - especially the younger generation who are geared for the tourist trade. But I always think it's nice to be able to show a genuine interest in the country you're visiting.

A good and relaxed way to learn.

Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer
Omron Walking Style Pro Pedometer

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PEDOMETERS - BRILLIANT FOR AEROBIC WORKOUTS, 15 April 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had so many different pedometers but I have to say that Omron really make the best. In fact, it is the ONLY pedometer I have found which can accurately count my aerobic steps and not just walking steps.

The extra safety clip is fantastic as it means you won't drop or lose your pedometer as I have with cheaper versions which can too easily ping off the top of your trouser band or pocket.

If you do aerobics, this is a brilliant pedometer as it will show your aerobic steps separately from your walking steps so you can keep track of the exercise you are doing. On the pedometer screen itself you can see a week's worth of stored data. But if you plug it into your PC, you can keep track of your progress over time using the supplied software which is a fantastic idea.

Don't waste money buying cheaper pedometers as you will be unsatisfied with them. This is my second Omron pedometer that I've bought (old one has been given to hubby) and I love it. It's the best you will get.

Wheels on the Bus Go Round the World (BBC Audio)
Wheels on the Bus Go Round the World (BBC Audio)
by British Broadcasting Corporation
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG HIT WITH MY 3 YEAR OLD, 15 April 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This CD was a massive hit with my 3 year old - even to the point where she asks to put this CD on instead of the television.

At 40 mins in length and with 25 fairly well-known songs, it is tremendously good value for money.

The style of the music I find to be quite bizarre. Each song is played in a different style which is supposed to reflect music around the world. Some of the songs I find hilarious but my daughter sings and dances along as if it's the latest pop music. Hubby and I both agree that we prefer the songs played in a traditional style and not jazzed up as they have been here.

But even though I don't love it myself, it isn't irritating to listen to and my daughter loves it. So I rate it based on what she thinks.

3rd and Bird: The Muffin Express and Other Stories (3rd & Bird)
3rd and Bird: The Muffin Express and Other Stories (3rd & Bird)
by Josh Selig
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FOR TOTS - ANNOYING FOR ADULTS, 24 Feb. 2010
There are 50 mins of storytime and singing on this CD split into 10 min segments.

It is all together too loud, chirpy, shrieky and annoying for me to listen to for long BUT (as is typical) my toddler nearly 3 clearly enjoys it. So it does seem to entertain and appeal to the target audience even though there are other CDs she likes better than this one which is why I've not given 5 stars.

Perhaps she would have liked it more, seeing the actual TV show (on CBeebies first) but she came to the CD not knowing any of the characters so it took a few goes before she really liked listening to it. I've found this with a lot of CDs/DVDs that even if your child says they don't like them initially, put them away for a little while and re-introduce them a little later. Many my toddler didn't like at first (Maisy, Bagpuss) are firm favourites now.

I would say a good buy especially if your child likes the TV show.

Omron Sonic Style Electric Toothbrush 458 Black - Rechargeable Toothbrush
Omron Sonic Style Electric Toothbrush 458 Black - Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECTLY CLEAN TEETH EVERY TIME, 24 Feb. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First up you need to know that this electric toothbrush is supplied with a standard 'shaver' 2-pin head, so you might need to buy a 2-3 pin shaver adapter if you do not already have one.

The product comes with 2 toothbrush heads, 1 standard head and 1 soft one for sensitive teeth. You can purchase new heads in packs of two from Amazon including some pointed brush heads not included in the box Omron Point Brush Head for Sonic Style 2 Pack which clean between gaps.

Also be aware that you need to charge the electric toothbrush for a minimum of 16 hours on the first charge which is very lengthy but supposed to prolong the battery life. I couldn't find in the manual whether you need to charge for 16 hours every time - I do hope not! Usually with electric items, the first charge is longer.

I've never used an electric toothbrush before so I cannot compare with other brands.

There are 5 speed settings and be warned that the medium setting it defaults to may be too fast and intense if you've never used an electric toothbrush before! So I turned mine down to the lowest speed setting until I got used to the sensation.

After 3 minutes of cleaning, the brush will automatically turn itself off which is a feature I really like and the fact it pauses inbetween at 30 second intervals so you can have an idea of how long you've got left.

If you've ever had your teeth cleaned by a hygenist at the dentist - this feels just as good. I could not believe how smooth my teeth felt and fresh. It doesn't seem to rub my gums at all, in fact it feels less abrasive on my gums than a bog-standard toothbrush.

There are other settings as well as the standard speed settings but I haven't experimented with those as yet. I'm just happy with the good clean my teeth are now getting. Extremely pleased with the product.

Crabtree & Evelyn Citron Hand Remedy 100ml
Crabtree & Evelyn Citron Hand Remedy 100ml
Offered by Apotheker Stefan Bauer & Compagnie

5.0 out of 5 stars LUXURY HAND-CREAM & GORGEOUS GIFT, 28 Jan. 2010
I love my hand-creams and this sits up there with the very best.

It would make a wonderful gift. The packaging is extremely tasteful (linen-like thick but soft, textured cardboard) without being overly feminine or girly. It looks luxurious and expensive at first glance. The hand-cream tube is metal (not horrid plastic) which again adds to the elegance of the item and is produced in a lovely sage green. What is wonderful is that the tube (which is a very large 100 ml) is the right size for the packaging - have you ever opened something up and been disappointed about the size of the item inside? You won't be here.

A light press is all you need to squeeze a small amount of cream from the tube. It is a crisp white colour. It has a wonderful lemony scent which to me smells of a beautiful spring day - a fresh, clean aroma with a hint of springtime flowers. This appeals to me greatly as I love fresh, clean scents as opposed to those very heavy and cloying aromas.

The cream glides over your skin. It is a light cream, not a dense one. And it sinks in easily without leaving your hands feeling greasy. You only need a small amount to put over your hands which will keep them feeling soft for many hours.

For the ultimate treatment, lather on a bigger amount, place gloves over the top and leave for several hours - preferably overnight.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21