Profile for Nat > Reviews

Content by Nat

Nat

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
[Upgraded Capacity] Anker Astro E7 Ultra-High Capacity 26800mAh 3-Port 4A Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung and More (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with product, lasts a long time, 18 Sept. 2016
used for 5 nights to charge my mobile and my small digital camera and only went down 1 light out of the fully charged 4. It would be a bit heavy for backpacking but for canoe/kayaking trips is great. So far I am very pleased. Only feel a bit cheated that Anker does not sell the power plug with the item so had to buy this separately.

TOP-MAX® Pro 40''Camera Camcorder Light Weight Tripod Stand with Nylon BAG for DSLR

1.0 out of 5 stars good as kids camera toy, 23 July 2015
I was very happy when I initially opened the Item as it is really light but my joy soon disappeared, this item is no way close to sturdy, it is not possible to make fast, precise adjustment nor it is to manoeuvre fast and easy as claimed. I am afraid of touching it in case it breaks. the top pin at the back of the camera screw (on the top platform) came off as fast as I tried to screw my small camera and the rubber base came completely off. This is a very bad quality product but not worth £4.99, I would expect something like this to be sold at Poundland, not on Amazon. It might be good as a toy for kids. I had to give one star as I could not give less. Item is not good and not worth the money.

German army ( repro) 3 piece mess set canteen bushcraft field
German army ( repro) 3 piece mess set canteen bushcraft field
Offered by Surplus and Lost

4.0 out of 5 stars versatile and strong, 11 Jan. 2015
The whole set seems to be very sturdy (although only used once) and is really pratical as you can take the inside (medium) pan with you on longer trips but leave it home on shorter trips. Or for really short trips just take the one pan. I would rather cut the handle out and do my own but haven't figured out yet how out to get the handle out without any damage.
larger pan is 1.5 ltrs, medium pan is 0.5 ltr, cover pan is 0.575 ltrs. weight of the whole thing is 470 gms.

Trixes Survival Camping Hammock for Army Travel Mini Nylon Survival Relax Sleeping Garden
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and comfrotable, 20 Mar. 2014
I only have used this once for one night out to try it with my new tarp. Its fast to set up, once it's up you really feel comfortable and not afraid of any breaking points as it really feels very sturdy and strong.
A bit on the heavy side but the lighter ones make me feel I that something is going to break and that I am going to fall any moment.
Could be a bit wider but it's absolutely fine. I noticed the ends of lines were not greatly finished and it started to fray a bit. Quickly fixed with a lighter to stop it developing into a nightmare and no problem. I am very happy with product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent outdoor piece of kit, 20 Mar. 2014
I love this tarp already. Only used once but it's gigantic, it's seems that it will last a while.
Yes, it's a bit bulkier and heavier than I would like but comparing to a tent still lighter.
Can be used for various set ups. I am adding a few extra holes on the edges for easier/different set ups.
All in all great piece of kit.

Lost in the Jungle: A Harrowing True Story of Adventure and Survival
Lost in the Jungle: A Harrowing True Story of Adventure and Survival
by Yossi Ghinsberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 13 Mar. 2014
I would giv it 5 stars were it not for the lack of pictures. It should have some pictures of this amazing survival. it would make the book that much better but all in all is a great book and I really enjoyed reading it and could not leave it until I got to the end.

Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey
Walking the Amazon: 860 Days. The Impossible Task. The Incredible Journey
by Ed Stafford

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 13 Mar. 2014
This is a really gripping book. A fantastic account with so much detail it really gets you there in the action.

Nature of Snowdonia: A Beginner's Guide to the Upland Environment
Nature of Snowdonia: A Beginner's Guide to the Upland Environment
by Mike Raine

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 13 Mar. 2014
This book was better than I expected as I had wanted to buy it for a while but the cover just put me off, it's non-interesting.
However the inside is very informative loaded with information and I will take it on my next weekend in Wales which will be very soon having into account the amount of weekends I spend there.

Hostile Habitats - Scotland's Mountain Environment: A Hillwalkers' Guide to Wildlife and the Landscape
by Mark Wrightham

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 13 Mar. 2014
This is a very interesting book and I really like the layout with lots of pictures and the way it's written.

Scottish Canoe Classics: Twenty-five Great Canoe and Kayak Trips
Scottish Canoe Classics: Twenty-five Great Canoe and Kayak Trips
by Eddie Palmer

4.0 out of 5 stars really nice book, 13 Mar. 2014
haven't followed any of the trips on the book as such but it definitely makes you start planning for them. Very informative.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3