Profile for Glasgow Gal > Reviews

Poo Pourri Original Toilet Spray 118 ml
Poo Pourri Original Toilet Spray 118 ml
Offered by Adelbrook

1.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointed with product, 7 April 2016
Bought this for my newly decorated downstairs wc. Really disappointed with product. Decided on spending over the odds for a loo air freshener because the bottle looked nice & there was a fancy chain on it. Well I didn't get that! The packing was a mess on arrival that meant the bottle was bashed. There was no chain on the bottle, and the label is tatty, pealing off & scratched. The smell is nice but the bottle just looks a shabby bashed mess. Wouldn't recommend

Splat Game - for ages 4 years +
Splat Game - for ages 4 years +
Offered by Balloon Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars I have the real original game that is great and we have a good laugh and is great ..., 6 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Splat Game (Toy)
This is a cheap rip off of the Pie Face game. I have the real original game that is great and we have a good laugh and is great for party's. So tried to buy another for a Xmas present for my nephew. Couldn't get another pie face anywhere and in my search found this SPLAT on Amazon. Bought it and gave it as present and it's a load of crap. There is no power in the arm. It does not reach your face and the cream ends up sliding off. Be warned don't bother buying. Cheap crap

Let's Bake
Let's Bake
by Cathryn Dresser

3.0 out of 5 stars Let's Bake! For kids, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Let's Bake (Hardcover)
I've only had this book for 2 days and I've still not made up my mind about it. As a cookbook hoarder I pre ordered it off the back of a post I seen for her fab white chocolate carrot cake with mini lindt bunnys. I didn't realise it's kind of a kids cook book. It's just too cheesy and childlike for me with stupid names for each bake like TERRIFIC TIFFIN & SIMPLY SPLENDID APPLES & SUPER SCONES!! Plus points, there are plenty of pictures and instructions are fairly clear & simple. Another bug bear, my book is a but of a mess, it has ripped pages, creased pages and was obviously printed alongside a Chinese book as there are off cuts of another book attached to the edge of some pages. How my copy past muster I don't know the publishers have made a bit of a boob surely it would not have past quality control. Should really send it back for another 1

The Way I Cook...
The Way I Cook...
by Lisa Faulkner

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Way I Cook... (Hardcover)
I don't think it's fair the first two reviewers giving such low marks just because the kindle version doesn't work properly, they could have taken that up with amazon themselves. Anyway I've had the book for 3 days now and I really like it. I've not made any recipes yet but there are loads I've marked with post it notes that I will be making a start on ASAP.

The book is divided into sections family & friends, Sunday morning, rainy days, house full of kids, I have no time, sun is shining, make something special, with recipes that suit each section. Here are some of the recipes that caught my eye that I want to give a go. Fried custard!!!!!, homity pie, wedding meatballs, flammkuchen, beer can chicken, chicken ballotine, deep fried ham hock, halibut with baked potato crust.

Since Lisa won celeb masterchef in 2010 she has been working in top restaurants in London, so she has picked some of her fave cheffy dishes from these and given them her own spin and included these in the make something special section. I took 1 star off as the book is full of pictures of her & her pals and their families walking along beaches which are pointless. We all know she has famous friends!! I would have preferred more pics of the food especially in the cheffy section. This is still a really good cook book I would recommend. If you buy it in sainsburys you get a free dish towel

Recipes from my Mother for my Daughter
Recipes from my Mother for my Daughter
by Lisa Faulkner

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good all round cook book., 6 May 2013
Like many of the others reviewing this book I have loads of cook books built up over the last 6 years since becoming a bit of a foodie! This is 1 of my favourites and in my top 5. Usually I buy a book read it over and it gets put in a cupboard to gather dust. Lisa's book has never been in the cupboard!! It's sectioned into the 4 seasons of the year. It is very family orientated, lots of good wholesome no fuss recipes along with the odd fancy 1 if you are a dab hand in the kitchen. Lisa's chilli is amazing, as is the lasagne, katsu chicken curry and chicken Marsala are to die for. Well worth buying

Designer Recliner Gaming Bean Bag GREY - Indoor & Outdoor Beanbag Chair (Water Resistant) by Bean Bag Bazaar®
Offered by Comfort Co

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed !, 7 Mar. 2013
Bought this for my kids bedroom and I'm a bit disappointed with it. I feel it is a tad overpriced and doesn't totally look like it does in above picture. It is under filled with beans so the head support never has any support so you need to constantly get up from it and squish it about. It is very noisy, due to the material. If I had been able to look and try it out in a shop I would not have made the purchase. For a combined price of £50 for item and delivery I don't think it is worth the bother.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2016 1:53 PM BST

AmazonBasics Black Neoprene Netbook Bag for 7-10 Inches / 17.78-25.4 cm with Handles

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 16 Feb. 2013
I got an I pad 4 for my Xmas and bought this for carrying it around. I keep my ipad in a fixed leather case and it all fits in this carry case. there is also a seperate zip pocket which can house your charger and suchlike. really handy for taking your tablet out and about with you. It's such a great buy for the money.

The Dinosaur That Pooped Christmas
The Dinosaur That Pooped Christmas
by Tom Fletcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather funny, 15 Jan. 2013
Bought as a Xmas gift for a young child. Had a read through before I wrapped and had a good chuckle!!! You are never too old for childish toilet humour!!! Can just picture Tom fletcher and Dougie Pointer howling with laughter as they wrote this!!!

The Angels' Share (Theatrical Version) [DVD]
The Angels' Share (Theatrical Version) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roger Allam

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GLASGOW DRAMA, 28 Sept. 2012
I am not going to bore you with a step by step account like some of the others here! This film is pure dead brilliant!! I laughed and cried watching this. The ned talk is hilarious! It is shot in various locations around Scotland. I loved the lead actor Paul Brannigan but for me Albert had the best one liners and stole the show! Glasgow, neds, bevvy, and a good laugh is what you get here! Superb!

Making Cakes, Easy Cake Decorating - Love Food
Making Cakes, Easy Cake Decorating - Love Food
by Parragon Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A FAB MUST HAVE!, 14 Jun. 2012
I bought this book as it was fairly cheap (i paid £4). I was really pleased and so glad i bought it. The basic cake recipes are great and now use the vanilla sponge as my main staple. There is some really good ideas to try out throughout the book, from plain and simple for beginners to intermediate decorating. Towards the end there are more challenging projects like the halloween haunted mansion and 2 tiered square chocolate rose wedding cake which i cant wait to give them a go.

Page: 1 | 2