Profile for Dr Rosalind Bergemann (rabergemann@globalitehr.com) > Reviews

Content by Dr Rosalind Be...

Dr Rosalind Bergemann (rabergemann@globalitehr.com) (Cambridge, UK)

Jack: What I Learned Leading a Great Company with Great People
Jack: What I Learned Leading a Great Company with Great People
by Jack Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars INSIGHT INTO WHAT MAKES A LEADER A LEADER, 21 Mar. 2002
When I was given this book by my daughter, I initially thought that it may be a little tedious, since it is quite long. However, it is as inspiring as its author, and just as compelling. Rather than a chronological account of the author's life, this book is centred around Jack Welsh's life at General Electric and the way that his involvement with this company and its people have help to shape his life.
Frank and down to earth, Jack details his successes as well as his failures - taking the time to recognise those people who helped him to achieve his success within this US giant.
If you want some insight into the psyche of someone way ahead of his time in terms of business leadership, then this book is a must!

Elizabeth I, CEO: Strategic Lessons from the Leader Who Built an Empire
Elizabeth I, CEO: Strategic Lessons from the Leader Who Built an Empire
by Axelrod

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for Leaders managing Change, 13 Nov. 2001
Far from being a book about history, Elizabeth I, CEO is a book about the leadership skills required in current turbulent times, which utilises the life of an incredible historical figure to practically and insightfully bring those skills to tangible reality for leaders in the 21st Century. Alan Axelrod has put this book together in an excellent format - as I read through each chapter, I found myself recognising and identifying with many issues relating to leadership through change, and benefiting from the practical lessons included. I can frankly say that I started the book on the plane, continued it in the taxi and finished it in the hotel room! I would say that this book is invaluable reading for any executive leading an organisation through change and growth. I have recommended it as part of the Leadership Development programme in our organisation.