Profile for Patrick Michael Leigh > Reviews

Content by Patrick Michae...

Patrick Michael Leigh "paddyfromhanley" (staffordshire, england)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Paracord 550 Survival Bracelet with Stainless Steel Bow Shackle - Olive Drab Green / Ideal Accessory for Camping, Boating, Hunting, Hiking, and Other Sports Activities.
Offered by CZ-Sky [ships from HongKong]

2.0 out of 5 stars With great difficulty I should imagine, 20 Mar. 2015
Bit of a strange product really. You buy it principally for safety,( the advert actually uses the word "Survival" ) but you would probably also use it as a fashion item, when you are not using it for "survival" that is. When I say fashion item, I use the term very loosely.
Its very bulky, the joining clamp is too big, and it catches your skin when its on.
The screw part of the clamp is, in my opinion, impossible to tighten unless you have help.
Thats where it starts to get a little worrying. If you struggle to put it on unless you have help, how are you going to remove it on your own in a emergency? Especially, if its cold and you have gloves on. And how do you manage to unravel it? With great difficulty I should imagine.
I'm sorry, but the thought of having to use this in a crisis worries me a little. When I say crisis, I dont mean something trivial, I mean real survival.
Buy yourself some 6mm cord or something instead, Its light and it won't take much room up in your rucksack.
No doubt some one will tell me that "this product passes all the B.S. standards, and "its not designed for pulling someone from a river" or something, but I'm sorry, I'm not risking it.
Please note. I am basing my review of this product as as a survival aid for hill walkers, not as a fashion item or spare cord for when your clothes line breaks etc.

Smiffy's 80's Shell Suit (L)
Smiffy's 80's Shell Suit (L)
Offered by Mouse2Mat24

3.0 out of 5 stars MMMM, Unsure., 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: 80s costume for men (Apparel)
I'm just parroting what most others are saying really, its okish.
Poor quality stitching, with big clumps of cotton in various places, mostly around the zip area. no pockets, just "pretend" ones. Not as shiney as the picture tries to make out, strange material all together really. Very thin, I mean, verrrry thin.
But, it looks the part, once you kit yourself out with a wig, medallion, bum bag etc, Hangs a little strange, but ok. Maybe that adds to the quirkiness of the suit. thing is, I'm not really a look at me sort of person,
so I'm still not sure if I'm brave enough to wear it yet!

2 Way Quick Connect Garden Hose Connector
2 Way Quick Connect Garden Hose Connector
Offered by AAAz Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Its alright., 7 Mar. 2015
Good little device for joining my 2 hose pipes together. Delivered quickly as well, which is always a bonus. Oh, and it was cheap as well!

White UPVC Plastic Flexi Flexible Angle Trim 25mm x 25mm x 5 metre Length
White UPVC Plastic Flexi Flexible Angle Trim 25mm x 25mm x 5 metre Length
Offered by MasterPlastics

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price., 7 Mar. 2015
Really pleased with this..fits well and moulds it's way around edges with ease. Cuts easily, but is is safer to use a hack saw type blade. It saves you loosing a finger.
It does a really good job of hiding my wayward tiling around corners.
I used a normal, cheap version of a "No Nail " kind of adhesive to stick it with. ( it didn't need to be waterproof or anything like that). The one I used was a cheap £1 product from a well known shop that sells things for £1..
Ordered some more now to put around my new PVC Door. It will finish it off nicely.
And you will also be surprised as to how it is delivered!
I was anyway.

Popular Crystal Diamond Glitter Bling Flip Wallet Stand Case Cover 6 Colors For Iphone 5C
Offered by Jinhoo Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh goodness.., 7 Mar. 2015
It looks awful. Its tacky. It something that a chav' would probably feel embarrassed to be seen with.
But my daughter loves it!
And loves me for buying it for her!
So I love it too!

k2-accessories 100 pieces 4mm Clipped Cube Style Value Crystal Glass Beads - Mixed Color - A3019
Offered by lotusbeadsuk

2.0 out of 5 stars Try not to be negative here.., 27 Feb. 2015
but I'm sorry, I dont really like this product, and didnt use them in the end. They are as cheap looking in your hand as they look in the picture. Not for me thank you. but you may like them.

Washing Machine Tap Self Cutting 15mm x 3/4"
Washing Machine Tap Self Cutting 15mm x 3/4"
Offered by Aretro Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for certain jobs., 27 Feb. 2015
You dont get a great deal of pressure coming though the nozzle with this product, so make sure you only use it for selected task's, ie, for a washing machine, and similar.
Dont bother if you are planning to water your lawns, its not designed for that.
But sadly, mine leaked after been fitted, and I couldn't really stop it. The screws wouldn't tighten properly. Was that my fault? I'm not sure to be honest.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem to work., 27 Feb. 2015
Saw this product, ( or at least a similar one ) used on a TV program the other week. Seem to be a simple product to use, and are a decent tight fit.
Been totally honest mind, I havn't done a job yet where I need to join together two wires by this method. I normally make sure that I dont have to.

WHITE Plastic chain connectors for Blinds operating chains - pack of 4
WHITE Plastic chain connectors for Blinds operating chains - pack of 4
Offered by EURO HOME INTERIORS

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 27 Feb. 2015
Very useful. I work in a Day Centre for adults with severe learning difficulties. Our service users are always breaking the blinds. Never been able to locally find a shop that sells such a product as this, so in the end we had to just "botch them up".
Finally we have found a seller of these connectors, and slowly we are getting around to mending all our broken ones!
This product works well and is a tight fit when snapped shut.
Very good!

BestDealUK Outdoor Camping Hiking Portable Brass Round Golden Compass Navigation Tool
Offered by Mad Choice--Ships from HK station

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased really, 6 Feb. 2015
Seems to work well, protected nicely with the pull down front. Decent size and easy to read dial, which I was hoping for with my eyes!
Would have been nice if cord or something was fitted, (so it could go around your neck ) but thats no big deal really, I've fitted one myself.
Cant wait to use it on my walking trip to Ben Arthur in Arrochar, later this year, after thoroughly testing first of course.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7