Profile for Jose > Reviews

Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital NDX64 Screw-in Filter
Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital NDX64 Screw-in Filter
Offered by WestBase Direct - UK Registered Company. VAT receipt included

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Filter!, 3 May 2013
This filter has finally allowed me to take some long-exposure shots in broad daylight. I've recently tried it out on a sunny day at a park and I was able to use shutter speeds as slow as 2.5 seconds at f/16. It's a great addition to the landscape or architecture photographer and I can't find any bad points for this filter.

I would absolutely recommend it.

Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Case / Guard / Film / Cover 6-in-1 Pack By Terrapin

2.0 out of 5 stars It gets smudged and dirty easily, 3 May 2013
I give it 2 stars because this product gets dirty and smudged quite easily. I suppose if you use your phone moderately and don't play games, the protector should last longer. I, however, play quite often and the protector gets smudged very easily and it's impossible to clean out the stains.
It fits very good and it's easy to apply but I'm disappointed by its durability. I think I'll use my phone without the protector. Wouldn't recommend this product.

Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack
Op/Tech Rainsleeve - Twin Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars It does its job quite well, 19 April 2013
I give it four stars because despite being a good product I found that it's quite difficult to attach it on your own. I had the opportunity to try it out during a snowy day earlier this year and had it not been that my wife was with me, I wouldn't had been able to put the rainsleeve on. We were already outside and it began snowing. Of course you can put it on your own before going out but if you don't do that and go outside and the rain or snow catches you by surprise, you will most likely struggle to get this on your camera.
My camera is small. It's a Sony a33 (equivalent of a Nikon D3100) and so once the rainsleeve is on there will be quite a lot of 'unused' space because this cover is big.
However, it did protect my camera and lens from getting wet and I ended up taking some worthy shots in the snow that I wouldn't had been able to get had I not had this protective Rainsleeve.

So, if you have a smallish camera, you will probably struggle and fiddle quite a bit with it even when it's on BUT it will protect your gear.

Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter
Hoya 67mm Pro-1 Digital UV Screw in Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to my photographic gear!, 19 April 2013
This filter is of excellent quality. I upgraded from a generic brand one to this and I've found that I no longer have ghosting and flare, or at least they've been reduced dramatically. It works perfectly.

Soul Meets Body
Soul Meets Body

5.0 out of 5 stars Great catchy tune with nice lyrics, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Soul Meets Body (MP3 Download)
This song from 2005 is an excellent representation of good lyrics combined with great melody. It's folky and alternative which is always a good mix!

Sony Sporty Mesh Style In-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black
Offered by PADNOTE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap option to higher-end earphones, 11 Mar. 2013
These are a great pair of earphones that fit snuggly inside your ears and are comfortable to wear.
The quality of the sound is impeccable. They produce rich and deep bass with crisp highs and mid-tones. They don't get 5 five stars because the cable produces quite a bit of noise when it rubs against your clothes or when you touch it with your fingers. But when you're listening to music, this is nearly imperceptible depending on how high you turn up the volume.

Other than that, I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

It Comes And It Goes
It Comes And It Goes

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, 10 Dec. 2012
I can totally relate to the lyrics. The melody is sweet and catchy and Dido's voice is wonderful as always.

BRIGHTPOINT NEXUS 4 8GB IN
BRIGHTPOINT NEXUS 4 8GB IN

5.0 out of 5 stars A top-notch, sleekly, fast device definitely worth buying!, 5 Dec. 2012
I'm not going to talk about the price here. I just want to share my thoughts on what an amazing phone I've found this to be. First of all, I've got the 16GB version which I've found is more than enough for my needs. I bet 8GB is still enough for most users, specially if you don't go and download all of your pictures that you have on your PC or Mac to the phone. I think it's more convenient if you've got your images in the cloud. So, as far as storage space goes, it's pretty much up to the user to decide if it's going to fit their needs. For me, it is perfect since I don't tend to download tons of pictures to my phone. I've got most of them on my Picasa web albums. I do have a fair amount of songs and apps but no videos. All in all, storage space is pretty decent.

With regards to the hardware, the phone is beautifully made. It feels pretty good on the hand, it's light, looks elegant and sophisticated. If you're careful with your devices as much as I am, you'll find that there is absolutely no problem with the fact that it's got crystal on the back. And you can always get it the official bumper case or some other third-party case if you're worried that it's going to get scratched or something. The screen is pretty resistant and it also feels great to the touch of your finger. Your finger glides effortlessly across the screen and I've noticed that it's quite resistant to smudges too. Of course it's going to get finger prints on the front and back, but just a swipe with you shirt or any cloth that's soft is enough to get rid of the finger prints or smudges on both the front and back of the phone.

As for the experience of using 'Vanilla' Android on this device, it is pure bliss. The phone is fast as lightning, very responsive and handles all kinds of tasks effortlessly. You can be playing a game, receive a call, reply to a text message and return to your game with the 'multi-task' menu pretty easily and even be connected and synchronizing your accounts over the internet using either wi-fi or mobile network. This should come as no surprise since its 2GB of RAM and the Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon processor are quite the beasts. You do not need to worry at all about multitasking with this phone, trust me.

Another great feature is the camera. It takes pictures at a resolution of 8MP and shoots video at 30fps in 1080p. It's also got HDR mode, different 'auto-scenes', flash, touch focus, panorama mode and photo sphere. It's great fun taking pictures with it and navigating through your panorama pictures right there in the phone and turning your 360 degree photos into 'mini-planets' using the embedded editing suite in JellyBean 4.2. Its front camera is also pretty cool for video calls and gives you great detail at 1.3MP resolution.

One more thing that I've noticed about the IPS screen is that it renders colours more realistically than other devices. I've seen that colours tend to be over-saturated in other phones, whilst in the Nexus 4 you get more 'life-like' tones and colours. But don't get me wrong here, the screen is pretty bright too and you can definitely enjoy videos and pictures with vibrant colours, but on a more realistic way if you will.

Battery life is pretty good. You can comfortably get a full-day's worth of texting, calling, navigating, taking pictures, emailing and gaming with one charge. You can even get 2 days if you don't use it heavily and follow some battery-saving tips found all over the internet and that apply for whatever phone you have.

To sum up, I'd never been happier with a smartphone until now. All of its features truly live up to expectations and it's a sleek, cool device that will leave you more than satisfied.

I can't really think of any cons about this phone, so there you have it. A superb buy!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 10:08 AM BST

Metz 44 AF-1 Digital Flashgun for Sony
Metz 44 AF-1 Digital Flashgun for Sony

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of gear!, 1 Jun. 2012
I've just bought this flash to couple it with my A33 and am very satisfied with the results. The flash itself isn't too heavy and it's not plagued with 'tricky' controls and settings.
It's fairly straightforward to use and it gives very pleasing results. I think it's ideal for amateurs and enthusiasts alike since it also gives you the possibility to use it wirelessly either as a slave or master flash (though I haven't tried that feature myself yet).

All in all, a very good piece of equipment to add to your photography gear. I'm very satisfied with it!

Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod
Hama Traveller Compact Pro Tripod
Offered by TapeCity

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent sturdy and versatile tripod!, 17 April 2012
I'm an amateur photographer and this tripod is excellent for my needs. You can set it up in a variety of different positions and heights and it's also 'silent'. My previous tripod used to make a squeaky noise when turning which is undesirable if you use it for video purposes.

It's an excellent piece of equipment to add to your camera-gear and it's lightweight too and comes with its travelling bag.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3