Profile for K. Young > Reviews

Content by K. Young

K. Young "craftyness" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 364 - Photo Black
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 364 - Photo Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not competitive in price or quality., 3 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With any cartridge that isn't the manufacturer's original brand, there's always going to be 2 factors.

The quality and also the price.

If you're going to compete with the competitor then surely you need to have a competitive price?? This is currently £4 more expensive than a HP catridge and isn't any larger.

The quality... well it prints out black..... but what you have to remember is that with all HP printers, you will not be able to see current ink levels when using non HP cartidges. Therefore surely it would be easier to have a clear cartridge so you could see the level.

Personally I don't think this is anything in terms of competitive, so it's got 3 starts from me.

Philips BRT383/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer
Philips BRT383/15 BikiniGenie Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Trimmer for taking away on holiday, 19 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think with any bikini trimmer you have to remember that it's never going to be a real close shave like a razor would be. This is good for obviously trimming hair but I would have liked the close shave accessory to be a closer shave. I found that I had to go over the bikini sides quite a bit for any impact. It was more time consuming than using a razor would have been.

However it's handy if you just want to quickly trim and go!

Rimmel London Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara, Black
Rimmel London Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars VA VA VOOM on the eye lashes!, 5 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rimmel have come so far with their mascaras these days, I'm totally blown away with this mascara in particular.

This mascara wand is what really creates the definition of full lashes. It's brilliant! It's not clumpy and there is plenty of mascara in the tube.

It's also conditioning and not a dry mascara like some other brands. It is an absolute steal at this price too! (£5.99)

I will without doubt recommend this to all my friends!

Philips GC3810/20 Azur Performer Steam Iron with 150 g Steam Boost, 300 ml, 2400 Watt, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Good at ironing - Cable far too short though, 5 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Upon receive the Phillips Azur iron, I used it to iron 10 shirts, 5 pairs of trouser and 4 pairs of shorts to give it a good testing! The iron is nice and light and has a clear water reservoir, which is very useful to make sure you do not overfill or spill water.

The ironing quality is very good with good steam production. However, unfortunately I have a 3 negatives regarding the iron. Firstly, the power cable is very short, I compared it to my previous iron (Also a phillips iron), and it is about 1 meter shorter. Unless you iron right next to a plug and up against a wall, you will have to use an extension cable as I did. Secondly, and it sounds silly, but I found that temperature dial was set too close to the handle. I found that my fingers kept turn the temperature gauge. This is probably because the water reservoir is quite large and obviously takes up more room.

Finally, and more importantly, the water spray button has completely been set in the wrong place. I have large hands however the button is located so far forward that I cannot just press it with my thumb, as you would normally, I basically have to let go of the iron to be able to press it, and when you are ironing as many shirts as I did above it gets very annoying, coupled with the fact that every time I tried to press the button, my fingers moved the temperature gauge!

For me the cons outway the pros on this product, which is a shame because it actually irons really well!

Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Plumping Whip - 90 ml
Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Plumping Whip - 90 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and gives height!, 5 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First time I used this, I don't think I applied it in the right way, because I found it to be quite greasy on my roots.

However the second time I tried it again, I put a little less on my roots and it gave me such volume for hairstyling! The kind of hold it gives you is the same as if you were putting dry shampoo in your hair and getting lift that way. That's the only way I can describe it.

So there's no need for backcombing, it's perfect for half up half down hair do!

Loved this product and it smells really good too,

Toni & Guy Men Styling Putty - 75 ml
Toni & Guy Men Styling Putty - 75 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for wet look, 29 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good sized pot with a good smell and easy to use. The product is states it is a putty with gives a causal matte finish, however it is more like a fibre putty which is quite loose or wet. When the product dry’s, I found it gave a wet look to your hair instead of a matte finish, it gives a finish more like the old style of gel we use to use as teenagers! All that said, the product held my hair in place for the day (a firm gel hold) and if you like the wet look then it is good for you!

Rexel A4+ Document Box - Assorted Colour (Pack of 10)
Rexel A4+ Document Box - Assorted Colour (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and sturdy document boxes, 18 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really sturdy document boxes. Have a plastic lock mechanism and a label placement on the front and on the binder to label easily. Come in 5 different colours and you get 10 boxes in total.

These are a thicker plastic so I can see that they'll last. The thickness of the boxes are approx 2cm so you'd get a decent amount of paper in them. Perfect for storing files, paperwork, clippings etc.

Will protect from dust and easy to store on a cupboard or shelf.

Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
by Andy Harrington

4.0 out of 5 stars well structured and easy to read, 11 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the style of how Andy Harrington writes. He starts off with his own story followed by chapters explaining how to position yourself as an expert.

His forte is public speaking so he does use this mainly as the example but it doesnt mean that you cant adapt his information.

He has shared the stage with Anthony Robbins and you just get drawn into his words.

I liked it and there are some really valuable points. This is more of a strategy book than a "how to set it up" book but its got good structure to it.

Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector
Panasonic ALL1 Network Audio Connector
Offered by Phone Exchange

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - can only use spotify if on premium, 6 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A panasonic product for me should always be a safe bet in terms of value and also premium quality.

The concept of this had so much promise but i was left disappointed for a few reasons.

It took me 3 attempts to get connected to the wireless router.... instructions were pretty bland and certainly not the easiest.

The real spoiler is that in order to listen to spotify on this, you have to have the premium version of spotify.... so disappointing

Also if you're listening to tracks, if someone else wants to add a track, it takes over your tracks and puts theirs in front. pointless!

The pricetag on this is outrageous, I'd struggle to justify £99 let alone £199.

It is a small piece of kit and sadly that's one of the only real positives.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-558 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 5 Extras Attachments

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product with face and body epilator., 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried a few epilators over the years so it's always nice to try a new one that promises new things.

The pros:

Use in the bath, so easy to numb the discomfort of hair removal by soaking your skin first.
Has an epilator pen for the face
Minimal charge time (1 hour)
Wider are that it can remove hair on (Trust me you want this to be as wider space as possible, so it takes less time to remove!)
Exfoliates your skin 4x more effectively than a manual treatment

Cons

You will still experience some discomfort, I don't think you can really count this as a con, however I feel anyone looking to buy this must know that there is still some element of pain when having hair removal!

Overall it is still a fantastic product and Braun always improve their products everytime.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17