Profile for K. Young > Reviews

Content by K. Young

K. Young "craftyness" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt - Black
Philips HR1832/01 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing juicer and easy to clean, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fantastic juicer.

I've already tried watermelon, carrots and apples. It's excellent. What I like most about it is it's easy to clean. It doesn't come in lots of silly little compartments so it doesn't take an age to clean.

All the pulp gets put into one compartment so very easy to remove.

It has one speed and you get actually a lot of juice from just one watermelon. I had 3 glasses from just half a watermelon! The drip -stop spout is very good too, all very cleverly thought out in design

Price is very reasonable for this product. I'll be detoxing forever!

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Puppy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and interactive, 2 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the cutest toy ever for an interactive toy!

My little one loves it and there is a ton of different songs on this. It's cuddly & soft and it's fun, I can see this being a firm favourite for kids. The volume is a good level and the nursery rhymes are great.

Great price too.

Oral-B PRO 2000 Pink Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B PRO 2000 Pink Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly whiter teeth and fantastic value for money, 16 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When it comes to an electric toothbrush for me there's a few things that I want ticked:

1. It makes my teeth feel like I'm come out of the dentist each time!
2. It's not too heavy to handle and doesn't have a big charging compartment that I've got to find space for.
3. It has an affordable price tag

The design of the Oral-B pro 2000 is pretty neat. It's pink to start with which I love! Very girly :-)

It also has a 30 second timer on it for you to notified once you've done the top left of you teeth, it will do it 4 times so that you do each side, top and bottom. Spending 30 seconds on each. What I also think is great is that it has a warning light when you're pressing to hard on your teeth. Which is a genius idea! There is also an app timer, but I seriously can't see anyone using that other than kids really.. and it begs the question of whether an electric toothbrush would be used by kids?

It has a small docking station charge unit, which plugs into the bathroom plugpoint (Like a shaver plug, two prongs) Initial charge is 22 hours.

I've been using this for 4 days now and already I can see that my teeth and noticeably whiter, so I'm excited to see what happens in 30 days!

I've used the Philips Sonicare before and found it pricey for what it was, the Oral-B PRO does the job just as well and I'd say that this is value for money. Would definitely recommend to others

Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want (Strategyzer)
by Alexander Osterwalder

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the MOST IMPORTANT book to buy for your business today., 12 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is by far one of the BEST business books I've ever read!!! As a small business owner / entrepreneur, I have done many business courses on marketing and product design. Most of them briefly mention value proposition but don't go into it deep enough.

This book is so insightful that I think every business should start with this!!!

It shows you have to design your customer profile - Meaning "Who is your customer" What are their pain points etc?

Then it goes onto showing you how to find the right business model. You're then shown HOW TO TEST.... so fundamentally important.

Lastly Measuring and improving.

The book is colourful and jam packed of useful exercises, online exercises, tools, templates and posters. It's clearly laid out in simply steps I'm overwhelmed at how awesome this book is and so pleased that there are other books in the series!

The Little Book of Thinking Big: Aim Higher and Go Further Than You Ever Thought Possible
by Richard Newton

4.0 out of 5 stars Witty and Whacky, 12 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book definitely is kind on the eye, with doodles, pictures, big fonts and little fonts.

It's full of facts and thoughts and gets your brain floating into a more positive light of greatness.

Don't for one minute think it's a how to book, it's not. But it certainly does get your mind thinking.
I found it flicked here and there and sometimes I found it off putting in terms of taking me from what I was just thinking about to another random example. But I suppose that's the point of this book.

It's a book you'd tend to pick up and put down, pick up and put down.

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner - 5 ml, Black
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner - 5 ml, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium product and produces amazing results, 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I find that liquid liners vary from brand to brand.

Firstly for me I always find that the following factors are what I'd decide if I was going to like the product.

Is the brush solid for easy use?
Does the liquid glide on without having to reapply the same line?
Does it stay on all day?
Is it smear free and I don't have a smokey look by the end of the day?

Revlon colorstay liquid liner does all of the above and I'm so pleased with this product. It's amazing and for me I'd class it as premium product but with a value pricetag.

It's a jet black line, sometimes you get some that just wont glide on and stay, but this product is exceptional and I will recommend it to friends.

Definitely one to keep in the makeup bag!

AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg
AATU 80/20 Chicken Dog Food, 1.5 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Rich content food but too highly priced., 5 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When it comes to dog food, you can clearly tell which is a premium brand and which isn't. This food is without doubt full of goodness for my dog. It's rich in meaty smell and it's full of quality ingredients.

Some of the examples of the ingredients are chick peas, peas, chicken stock, peppermint, seaweed, chamomile, fenugreek, 80% Chicken.

So you know that this is full of nutrients and not full of rubbish! It claims 8 vegetables, 8 herbs and 8 botanical & spices. A bit like our 5 per day I suppose! The most important part of this is that it's free of grain and gluten. A biggy for my dog who is a viszla and really prone to food allergies.

The bag has a velcro seal, allowing you to seal the bag up each time. There is no getting away from it, The branding, the food content and the seal is all TOP PREMIUM

However......... For just 1.5kg I could never justify spending £14.99 on such a small bag that would last us literally a week (If that). I would never pay just shy of £60 for a 10kg bag even. I think money has been wasted on the velcro seal, it's not necessary. Most people have food bins now, so what's the point of an expensive seal design? That would surely shave off some cost.

Royal canin, a big competitor, is £20 cheaper and you get 5kg more in a bag..... So I'm baffled at why this brand has marketed it at the price it has. Yes it's rich in content, but there are other brands out there doing the same thing and I don't think this enough for me to re-buy a bag of this dog food. Which is a real shame, because had the price been right, I would have definitely been a returning customer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 9:54 PM GMT

Revlon Lash Potion Mascara by Grow Luscious - 10 ml, Black
Revlon Lash Potion Mascara by Grow Luscious - 10 ml, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you a great lash, as if you're wearing false eye lashes!, 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used many many mascara's in the past, some costing over the £20 mark. I would say that this mascara is as good as some of the premium ones that I've used, such as Benefit Bad Gal Lash.

It's got a great big brush on it, it's not clumpy on your lashes and there is plenty of mascara in the tube.

Gave me lashes a really long look, even one of my friends asked if I had extensions on!

Top marks for this amazing mascara for a very reasonable price.

Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Really Red
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick - 4.2 g, Really Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Lustrous feel and more Ruby than Really Red., 28 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If I'm honest, I've never actually owned a revlon lipstick before, so I was keen to try out this one in particular. Simply because from the photo it looked a bright red colour.

I was disappointed to see that the colour was completely different than the photo. The red that you actually end up with is more a ruby red colour, if you're accustomed to MAC lipsticks it's exactly the same colour as Ruby Woo Woo, not a colour like Lady Danger (Which is a bright red in MAC).

So that aside, I then went to apply it. I found it actually quite dry and it felt grainy on my lips. I didn't find anything lustrous about it. Which is such a shame because I've loved the other Revlon products that I've tried. But this for me fell flat from giving any kind of wow factor for me. It just didn't feel nice at all.

Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)
Finish All in One Max Lemon Dishwasher Tablets (Pack of 74)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great finish on my crockery and glasses!, 27 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having used cheaper dishwasher tablets in the past, I've found them to leave quite a smeary residue on the glasses and not wash the crockery well.

Well not with Finish All in One Max! I was pleasantly surprised!! Our glasses were smear free and looked brand new!

Even our pans were spotless. I really liked the fact that the tablet has a thin wrapper around it that dissolves in the hot water, meaning that you don't have to touch any of the powder itself, which can be harmful.

Also left my dishwasher spotless!

All in all a very good dishwasher tablet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15