Profile for tencsboc > Reviews

Content by tencsboc

tencsboc

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Offered by CNBTR (FBA 2-3days, other 13-22 days!)

4.0 out of 5 stars great poduct - really but the description says its a pack and its only one. otherwise it's be 5 stars, 24 Aug. 2016
Order placed
10 August 2016
Total £5.09
CNBTR 7.48" Transparent Plastic 200cc Capacity Large Thicker Fluid Dispenser Glue Dispensing Syringe Barrel for Industry Pack of 20
Sold by: CNBTR (FBA 2-3days, other 13-22 days!) Product question? Ask Seller

As you can see the p+p was 60p

Delivered well within the delivery window - great
looked just like the picture - great
however there was only one when the description clearly states a PACK OF 20
so why the glowing 4 stars. Because I took the time to contact the seller before reacting and they were polite and customer facing. they have agreed to look at the description and to be fair I'm not sure English is their first language so I expect they'll correct it in time.

The barrel itself is well made - good gauge plastic all round. and since it's not for medical purposes it'll be ok to use several times. and stand a few good washes. the sizes are pretty close to the description - Barrel 19 x 4.5cm/7.48 x 1.77"(L x W) and Adapter Size: Approx. 133.2 x 5.1 x 1.3cm/52.44 x 2 x 0.51"(L x W x H) i.e. those dimensions seem correct to me.
there are no volume/capacity measurements along the barrel - that I could see - so make sure you measure your quantities/mixes before loading the barrel.

The 'nozzle' could be 'cut' with a craft knife to increase the gap but this would be a one off operation. keep it as it is and lay two lines.

the pipe is soft aquarium style plastic but reasonably robust as are the connections.

the screw top is well engineered and forms a good seal.

Overall pretty impressive. IF it were a pack of 20 it would represent sensational VFM as it is for one its a bit steep hence the loss of a star.

ACID test: would I buy it again/recommend? Yes but know your are paying for just one

Susenstone 2200 Lumens CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight High Power Torch light Zoom

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggering light, small package, great price. What more do you want?, 28 April 2016
Sold by: Susenstone
£1.57 P+P 0.50

For £2.07 an outstanding little torch.

Easily portable in pockets, hand bags, glove boxes, laptop bags, kids satchels (or whatever they call them today).
Very durable - looks like all metal construction. - should last years.
Pen clip type thing - though I would want to clip it to a suit jacket. This is held on by spring tension so its solid but not infinitely so. Although the clip does stop it rolling away.
Very reasonable price.
Astonishingly powerful for the size. gives crisp bright white light. not this half ar...baked dim yellow stuff.
the pool of light is massive. OR if you REALLY want to focus it in on something just push/slide the focus ring (the bit where light comes out of) and its beyond astonishing.
It does need 3 AAA batteries. so far they're lasting really well.
length 10 cm diameter 3.2cm

SHUGON GYMSAC RUCKSACK DRAWSTRING BAG - 15 COLOURS (NAVY)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value for money - ideal for gym kit and all sorts of lighter carrying., 28 April 2016
Sold by: Chiptastic Devices
£1.97 P+P 0.00

Great value for money.

There are a choice of colours. they are reasonably well made for something obviously built to a budget. Will they give years of service? hard to say. some people treat possessions better than others,. Given that a lot of younger people will be lugging them around it's reasonable to expect that it may last a year or so. But like I said how hard you are on it will make the difference.

Its very simply designed and built. that might mean the odd little repair ( re-stitching a seam might be easy ) It works well enough. Obviously not meant to be used for a weekly shop. so don't fill it with cans of beans. A. it might break and B. the weight would make the straps (actually cords) cut in like billio (how do you spell billio?).

The cords are the one flaw - hence the lost star - I can see that with anything slightly heavy could make the cords uncomfortable after a while. Some sort of shield or pad would lessen that issue.

There is another flaw (ok so that's two) because there is no padding, if something 'stick out' it could dig in to your back. the trick there is to pack it neatly.

on the plus side, when not in use it lies flat or can easily be folded up. Possibly leave it the car boot for a light shop rather than pay a pesky 5 p for a carrier bag?

I'd say it would stand a little light rain but is not seriously waterproof.

In short its great value for money - actually astonishing value for money

ACID TEST: would I but it again/recommend? YES

Offered by tree&treeUK

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish, comfortable to use, portable and great value for money, 28 April 2016
Sold by: sowellwire
£2.00 P+P 0.00

Staggering for the price really. So it no wonder there are 214 positive reviews to 54 negative ones. Plus mine as well. That's about 80% satisfaction.

Some of the reasons why are that it is a simple but pleasing style. IT fits the hand nicely (at least my hand anyway) and is slim. by this I mean flatter than most. If you measure the height of it it's only 23 mm (at it's highest point). This is important to me because my transformer (part laptop part tablet) get carried around in a dinky little case and I don't want to be cramming bulk in to it. The profile of this mouse such that it works well but is not too bulky to be portable.

So it's stylish, comfortable to use, portable and great value for money and the company is polite and professional and will answer questions.

ACID TEST: would I buy again/recommend? YES

MECO 10 Pcs Stylus Touch Screen Cellular Phone & Tablet Pen for iPhone 3G/S, 4G/S, iPod Touch iPad 2 & 3 SONY PLAYSTATION PSP PS VITA Motorola Xoom Samsung (5 Pcs)
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars slim, stylish and cheap - well I'm one out of three, 27 April 2016
5 Metal 2 in 1 Universal Ball Pen Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus for ipad ipod iPhone Samsung Galaxy S5 S3 S4 HTC Tablet PC (5 Pcs)
Sold by: Universal Color
£1.58 P+P 0.00

OK, I'm on roll. this is another item I bought recently that I'm impressed with.

Pretty much as the picture indicated. you get 5 pens. all slim different colours. only 2 of mine were the same and by happenstance my preferred colour (or COLOR if your reading in America - could happen! we have to have your reviews on our sites so it must happen the other way round - right? )

Any road up the pen makes up about 60% of the length and is a black ink ball point. you make the nib come out by twisting the pen at one end while holding the other still.

don't know if there are specific refills out there but I'm sure if you really want a replacement one you could cannibalise a cheap plastic pen and use the innards of that - I'm guessing that refills used here were not designed and manufactured specifically for this product. If I had to guess I'd sya they probably buy them by the ton so I feel confident there are some out there somewhere.

What elevates these pens/styluses/styli for me is the 'rubbery' tip. I don't know what the material is but is 'softer' than other styli I've bout AND seems to work so much better, more positive, and it feels to me like its more gentle on the screen.

These are stylish enough to keep in a shirt pocket, jacket pocket, lap top bag, hand bag and so on.

And at a smidge under 32p a pop (that's 32 pence America - about 50 cents?) not a tragedy if you lose one.

Offered by cheap4uk

5.0 out of 5 stars It's waht I always knew a torch could be., 27 April 2016
Sold by: LED Light Store
£1.75 P+P 0.00

OK I have a fascination for torches. Ever since I was kid. Over the years I've gone through many versions from gadgety ones to enormous ones you need to strap over your should to ones you club burglars with.

NOW with the advent of LED's IT seems like we've finally arrived at a point where I always dreamed of.

That is a small, powerful, long lasting, convenient torch.

Small? check - 9cm (9.5cm when extended to pinpoint the beam) by 2.5 cm
powerful? check - ok -for walking a long a garden path if you point it tot he ground just ahead of you it lights it up as brightly as summers day. I KID YOU NOT. and the pool of light is a good couple of metres wide - astounding. If you then point it at the house say 10 metres away? it'll light up the whole size of the house. the effect of the light can bee seen double that distance, AND if you 'focus' the beam (slide the focussing ring forward, it somehow concentrates the beam in to a small rectangle that can reach a good 40 to 50 metres.

Long Lasting? Check - One AA battery (duracel industrial - search amazon) has lasted me all through the winter. ok I'm only using it a couple of minutes twice a day every day - so guestimate 20 mins a week for a good 20 weeks - 400 mins is that 6 hrs 40 mins and still going ?

I keep one in my coat pocket, but at this price and convenience you can leave one in your handbag, the glove box, in the cubby hole , by the circuit breakers - hell if you could mount it on your handle bars you could have one there (just thought, I don't know how it would react with a lot of rain)

CONSTRUCTION. seems pretty robust to me. it feels solid and strong. the casing feels like all metal with milling to provide grip and neat 'rings' possibly also to help with grip and possible also to cut down on weight and materials.

there's also a 'pen clip' like clip that seems strong although I've never used the functionality. At least not consciously - that is to say this feature also stops it from rolling too far on a table etc.

The LED is set well down in to the body and the 'focusing' section seems to make use of an insanely shaped lens.

ITs matt black - I don't know what it'll look like in a couple of years or if I'll need to clean it in that time but my initial feel is that Ireckon I'll still be using this many years from now. (obviously with new batteries.)

Operation is simple -or crude if you prefer 0 it is merely a button in the base at the opposite end to the LED - press on, press of (thank you Mr. Miagea). If you press on off on in rapid succession it ceases to be a continuous light be and becomes a strobe. I never use the feature myself but might be fun I don't know. I cant make up my mind if this operation button is elegantly simple or simply cheap. I'm leaning towards elegantly simply because you don't have to spin it round in your hand until you find a button to slide. In the dark you can easily tell which end is which and so press the button. And so far its not switched on by the keys in my pocket. This button is part of the housing that screws/unscrew to allow access to put a battery in. when open it looks almost on the large size for an AA battery and I wonder if there is some other sort of battery that would fit overseas but not available here?

All in all I expect you can tell I'm super impressed with this.

CENTRIX PREMIUM GYMSAC DRAWSTRING GYM BAG RUCKSACK - 10 COLOURS (BLACK)
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars the good the bad and a few ideas, 27 April 2016
CENTRIX PREMIUM GYMSAC DRAWSTRING GYM BAG RUCKSACK - 10 COLOURS (BLACK)
Sold by: TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.
£1.79 P+P 0.00

Is it the strongest best quality best material best made best designed best bag in the world? NO of course not. It's £1.79 and no P+P. If you were expecting the answer to be YES you REALLY need to re-evaluate your expectations.

So what do you get for the princely sum of £1.79? you get a bag that is exactly as described.

My opinion/evaluation of it is its reasonably well made. the stitching is ok and probably uses cheap cotton but it looks good enough to last me for a while. rough and tumble with kids it'll probably last a year or a term at school. The little princes and princesses can be rough bunch of.... thoughtless little monsters. It'll hold a pair of plimsoles (yes it spelt correctly and yes they do still exist) gym shirt and a t shirt quite adequately.

It's not ergonomically designed to pamper the environment and massage the user in to an altered state of bliss. No committee of bearded chin stroking guardian reading lentil eating grow your own socks brigade tree hugging luvvies got together and designed this. Its pretty much a rectangle of cloth folder over and sewn up with a cord in it. Job a good 'un.

OR a small laptop or tablet? or whatever the latest gizmo is. however I would advise using a neoprene sleeve for added cushioning and screen protection.

OR

for this price you disassemble it and use the cord and material for some other craft project - I dunno. but surely it's cos mor then a couple of quid for ordinary's like us to buy these materials?

So why does it lose a star? because there is one severe drawback to this bag (and many many other like it) Put any irregular shape or weight into it and it becomes the most heinous torture device ever to grace the planet. It'll make nail ripping and bamboo themed torture seem like a stroll in the park. OBVOUSLY I'M BOTH JOKING AND EXAGGERATING. But serious. if you get a shoe or something sticking in to your back it's bearable for a minute or two but you really wouldn't want it for any length of time. And if you what to go for the double whammy put a bit of weight of in it. again it's ok for a moment but after 10 mins or so the cords the start cut in like cheese wire.

Answer. DON'T FILL IT WITH BAGS OF SUGAR OR SHOPPING and pack it carefully so nothing digs in to your back. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Perhaps - and I don't know because I haven't tried but a sheet of something like from a breakfast cereal packet put inside the bag against the surface that will be in contact with your back would stop anything digging in.
Also maybe fold some of the same card around the cord to from one of those flaps that expensive bags have on the shoulder. this might prevent the cutting in effect.

So there you have the good points, the bad points and possibly a few ideas on how to negate the the bad points.

ACID TEST: would I buy again/recommend ? YES I would

Offered by GB TRADERS

4.0 out of 5 stars A HAZ by any other colour woule smell as sweet... or some such outher pretentious piffle., 20 April 2016
Sold by: Just Beauty UK
£3.99 P+P 0

OK. this tub/bottle whatever, worked out at the best value for money of all the combinations. and with 0 P+P made a really good purchase.

the reason I've docked a star is that the picture is quite clearly BLUE. What I got was GREEN.

I can't tell from the screen picture or description if there is anything other than the water and the rubbing alcohol in the blue bottle, but there definitely is in the green bottle.

Ironically if i was using this on my self I wouldn't have given a tinkers-cuss. As it is I'm using it on phone screens and laptop screens and tablet screens and so on - you get the picture. So I'd happily risk contaminating myself and am more worried about 'hazing' a screen.

go figure.

Any road up - I used a vey VERY small amount in a lot of water. I'm guessing roughly 1 part this alcohol to 25-30 parts water. This didn't seem to harm the screens and and worked reasonably well.

I'll aim to get to about a 1 in ten solution eventually. but will take it slowly to get there. Each Time I'll check the screens for damage. and asses if the increased strength makes cleaning easier. Incidentally I'm spraying the solution on to a cloth first and testing a corner of the screen. (for anyone else who might think to try things out). If I get to a good cleaning mix before the 1 in ten obviously I'll stop there.

I have a range of other items I looking to clean but on the whole I think this bottle will last easily a year. so I'm quite please so far. Obviously Id' have had more faith if the bottle had been blue when I arrived.

We are naturally thrown in this country because 'rubbing alcohol' is not widely known about/available. AND IT MOST DEFINITELY IS NOT WHITE SPIRIT< TURPS, OR METHS WITHOUT THE COLOUR.

ACID TEST: would I buy again/recommend? - YES

Offered by AONESTATIONERY

4.0 out of 5 stars perhaps more customers will mean lower prices- did I really just say that?, 20 April 2016
Sold by: AONESTATIONERY
£4.89 P+P 0

Delivered quickly. just as described. No complaints. works in my inkjet printer with no hassle.
this is one of the few concessions I've made to being greener. I realised that a large portion of what I was writing on PC and then printing didn't really fill a whole page. So now I use A5 more and more. I'm doing the same printing BUT not wasting half a page of blank paper.
I also find it convenient for printing user manuals on in booklet format and then folding so they are really convenient.
In fact I now see that I'll be using this size more often so I'll look at minimising the costs by getting a box.

The only reason for a missing star is that because the price was as good as I could find, I find it irksome that I pay more money for les 'volume' of sheets. That is to say, the same number of sheets as A4 but obviously half the weight. but nearly twice the price.

ACID TEST: would I buy again/recommend? - Yes

iTALKonline Samsung Galaxy S5 SV SM-G900F I9600 / Galaxy S5 Neo Black PREMIUM PU Leather Vertical Executive Side Pouch Case Cover Holster with Belt Loop Clip and Magnetic Closure
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars "buckets of Blood".... just being over dramtic like the telly and newspapers etc., 10 Mar. 2016
Sold by: iTALKonline-UK
£3.95 plus £0.49 P+P

Ok. arrived on reasonably quickly - adequately packaged -

there is a clip on the back - for clipping to trousers waist band or actually a belt
there is also fastened loop through which to pass said belt if preferred. mine actually looks like its fastened with a press stud. I tried cautiously to 'pop' it open but it didn't pop. I decided this was a good thing as you wouldn't want it to keep popping undone and possibly lose your phone. Also I didn't want to possibly break something that wasn't meant to undo in the first place.

If you are super cautious ( - a scaredy cat ) like me I thread my belt through the loop AND the clip.

I did this with my previous case and it lasted ages and I never lost it.

The top 'flops' over and it seals via a concealed (weak) magnetic catch (Everything I've read says this wont affect your phone -and my previous one never did so I am a converted sceptic)

now the reason it lost a star. I'm fed up with (ESPECIALLY in the more technical departments) of descriptions being less clear. OR if the description is not spot on at least put a BIG NOTE in the description / product details, of the errors commonly made when looking for items. This will lead to better customer satisfaction (and repeat business and word of mouth personal recommendation) and less returns and so less cost to the business,

I refer to the fact that my Samsung Galaxy S5 mini does indeed fit in the same way as a person would fit in to Wembly Stadium. In other words it would be of immense help if the description had said ...S5 NOTE NOT the S5 Mini".

In this case not much harm is done because I now use the case I had for the Galaxy Core Prime for my S5 mini and the the new case (for the S5.. ) for the Galaxy core Prime. Why two phones? I guess work thought it would be funny if two months after I lash out on a Galaxy core prime they give everyone a Galaxy S5 mini. i.e. I have MY phone AND a work phone joy. Yes I know there will be folk out there saying how ungrateful I am, and you're right, I'm just peeved at lashing out on a phone when if I'd known I could have waited to months..etc etc.

ANYWAY since they were now both slopping about in their respective mismatched 'buckets' I bought 'protective cases for each of them that allow them to also be stood up while recharging and so on. These I got in different colours so VERY EASY to tell them apart now,

Guess I've rambled on far too much now so will stop now.

ACID TEST: would I buy again / recommend? ... Yes BUT I'd make sure of the model first.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20