Profile for Juliana Apopei > Reviews

Sorted - A Recipe for Student Survival: Student Cookbook
Sorted - A Recipe for Student Survival: Student Cookbook
by Ben Ebbrell

1.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre cooking at best, 22 Mar. 2015
This book is intended for university freshers but only the ones that would eat pretty much anything.
It was purchased after seeing their videos on YouTube.
The book itself it's quite ugly, the pictures are grainy and I was particularly annoyed by the coffee mug stains printed all over the book. Innovative? Maybe. Nice looking? No. If I want such stains on my books I can make them myself. But generally I like to keep my books free of nasty stains.
The recipes really aren't that nice either. Ok at best. The banana bread is probably the worst thing I ever put in my mouth. My daughter cooked it several times, each time being more careful than the last, following the recipe to a T. Each time it was horrid, I actually begged her not to cook it again. Then she tried another recipe (not theirs) and the banana bread was delicious.
We recreated several of the recipes but nothing was delicious. Just ok and I would not recommend

Revenge - Season 1
Revenge - Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Roses are red. Thorns are spiky. The blood will abound., 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Revenge - Season 1 (Amazon Video)
My favourite TV show at the moment. I gave the first episode a go to see if I like it and if I didn't I would have left it at that, this was the deal I made with myself. I was instantly hooked!
The show follows A girl that is on the path of avenging her dad's wrongful arrest and his subsequent death. A bit like The count of Monte Cristo, she sets to destroy everyone involved, one by one. More or less!
The first episode revenge goes without any trouble and perhaps the second too, which had me a bit worried as it isn't fun if everything goes to plan! But I needn't worry, there are plenty of stumbles along the way to make the story more interesting. I'm about in the middle of season 2 and I only started watching 10 days ago!
So many beautiful people in the show, I think Madeleine Stowe is a stunning woman. My favourite character is Nolan, I love his style, his wit and his sarcasm. And of course Victoria, she is so wonderfully mean with a smile permanently on her face, she'll rip your guts out never ceasing to smile!
If you like a good revenge story, like I do, then this show is for you. Highly recommended.

Classmate Murders (Jim Richards Murder Novels Book 1)
Classmate Murders (Jim Richards Murder Novels Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty lame, 9 Feb. 2014
I started it and maybe I would have finished it if it wasnt written by a 10 yr old. Disappointing

Die Hard [DVD] [1989]
Die Hard [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Christmas..., 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Die Hard [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
...We have to watch Die Hard, its a classic and you must watch it! It has great action and the wit of John McLane will have you in stitches!

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye bye bulky books!, 9 Feb. 2014
I read a lot, but I didnt particularly like the bulk of the books, particularly when moving house :) and to be honest, holding the book and turning the pages irritated me often, I always had to use both hands, one hand wasnt enough, I even bought some implements that would help but none did.
The Kindle E reader is one of the best things I ever bought. Can hold so many books (over 2000 Im hearing?) probably much more than I can ever read!
The reading experience is fantastic, just click, click click, and you can read, get definitions of most words, go to whichever page you want, search the book, etc etc. It does so many things, I havent explored all features, but so far Im very very happy with my Kindle and I dont feel I need another updated version, this one is perfect! Battery lasts and lasts and lasts!
I prefer to download books on my PC first, and then I just turn on WI-FI to get them on my device. When you open your Kindle it automatically opens to the last page read.
I gave away most of my books to charity, and I will never buy another paper book again, so as far as Im concerned, Im saving a bit of the trees of this planet :)
Cant recommend highly enough!

Luxury 3 Seat Swing Hammock with Footrest black
Luxury 3 Seat Swing Hammock with Footrest black

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely for the few summer days we have, 9 Feb. 2014
The Hammok arrived pretty fast, though I did not assembled it for few more months due to the adverse weather in UK.
Instructions were a bit incomplete but it isnt hard to figure out where everything goes. Drawings could do with being a bit clearer. After a few trial and errors we managed to put the whole thing up in about an hour, give or take, (2 people). After it was up, I spent many times chilling in it, the foot rest is really a very practical feature.
It needs to be covered everyday in UK, you know how it is, but for the winter I just took the seat apart, and tipped the unit on its back, covered of course, to avoid being blown by some strong winds that visited us this winter.
Recommended!

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 3 m / 9.8 Feet Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect length, 9 Feb. 2014
I bought two of these HDMI cables, and they are perfect in every way, length is more than adequate for watching TV in bed!

FOR ACER ASPIRE 5742 SERIES LAPTOP CHARGER POWER SUPPLY with LEAD POWER CORD CABLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for its replacement purpose, 9 Feb. 2014
I Bought this charger as a replacement for a worn Acer notebook charger, perfect for the purpose and well fitting.

Acer Travelmate P253-M P253- E TMP253E (All Models) Laptop AC Adapter Charger Power Cord
Offered by AJPARTS UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for its purpose, 9 Feb. 2014
Bought this charger as a replacement charger for one of my many laptops whose chargers have become too worn out. Its perfect.

FOR SAMSUNG NC10 NC20 NOTEBOOK LAPTOP CHARGER AC ADAPTER 19V 3.15A 60W MAINS BATTERY POWER SUPPLY UNIT INCLUDES POWER CORD C5 CABLE MAINS CLOVER LEAF 3 PRONG UK PLUG LEAD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, 9 Feb. 2014
I bought this charger as a replacement for my Samsung NC10 notebook, which become unusable, its perfect for the purpose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8