Profile for Ms. MLA James > Reviews

Content by Ms. MLA James

Ms. MLA James "bluelinedesign" (UK)

The Things You Wish Yourself
The Things You Wish Yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars The Things You Wish Yourself should be on everyone's wish list., 22 Nov. 2010
I would recommend everyone to download this song and make it a very special part of their own Christmas. The sentiments are just so right, as once again Ralph's poetry makes one reflect and think. Cliff shouldn't have the monopoly over the Christmas single and this one from Ralph deserves to be heard.

Layout Design: 100 Design Principles for Building Grids
Layout Design: 100 Design Principles for Building Grids
by Beth Tondreau

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Resource, 6 July 2010
What an excellent book. I am already using it all the time as a reference source. I would recommend anyone in the business to get this for their library.

Garmin Nuvi 1310 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Bluetooth
Garmin Nuvi 1310 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps and Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Navigator, 27 April 2010
I recently bought this sat nav after my RAC one broke!! I have just come back from a week in Cornwall and used it every day to get me around to all the points of interest I wanted to see and it was excellent. I love the way that the actual road names are used rather than just "after 200 yards turn right" or whatever. The safety camera alerts were all accurate as were the speed limit alerts - the only annoying thing was the repeated "pinging" reminder of the speed limit you should be adhereing to - even when you were well under it. I would like to see a "via..." feature as the routes given were sometimes not as I would have planned using a good old A-Z but other than that I would definitely recommend this sat nav. I am very pleased with my purchase.

The Doomsday Key (SIGMA FORCE)
The Doomsday Key (SIGMA FORCE)
by James Rollins

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Sigma success, 9 Mar. 2010
I love these books by James Rollins. I have read them all and I can't wait for the next one. I love the way I can follow the same group of characters through all the stories. Some of the twists and turns in the fast-paced action are predictable but exciting. The fact that there are all these ancient mysteries affecting life today - has to be a bit far fetched, but who knows for sure...

From Gutenberg to Open Type: An Illustrated History of Type from the Earliest Letterforms to the Latest Digital Fonts
by Robin Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars Gutenberg Bible to Open Type - more like, 9 Mar. 2010
I am a graphic designer and wanted to know more about typography. This book is perfect. It explains who the people are behind the typeface names (e.g. Bodoni, Gill), when and where they were working and why they did what they did. It also explains a little about the state of the world in which they were working. This is helping me with the graphic design course I am doing - as I can see time lines - when print presses came about, how technology advanced, the digital age and how the designers' methods of working changed. I am very glad indeed that I bought this book. It is indeed a bible.

Graphic Design: A New History
Graphic Design: A New History
by Stephen J. Eskilson

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book, 9 Mar. 2010
I am a graphic designer and I have just embarked on a graphic design course. I bought this book thinking that it would be a good reference tool. It is that and more. It is a wonderful book and I would recommend it to anyone in the business, learning the business or just interested in graphic design. I can't praise it highly enough. I am so glad I made my purchase.