Profile for Chris Kennedy > Reviews

Content by Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy

Page: 1 | 2
Yurbuds Ironman Inspire Performance-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Woeful sound, I've been cheated, 30 Sept. 2013
I've been severely ripped off twice in my lifetime. The first was at a strip club in the Czech Republic which I won't detail here, and the second was when I purchased these earphones.
Okay, so I will start by saying, yes, the design of the earphones are such that it's unlikely they'll fall out of your ears when exercising. They fit well in your ear and the silicon moulded bud grips on, which is why I bought them. However, there is no point wearing headphones when they sound like this. On a sound quality scale of 1 to 10, these barely register a 1, and I'm not even exaggerating. If you had some ancient PC speakers that you bought for $12 back in 1989, took them over to your neighbours house, cranked the volume and then came home to listen to the music through the wall, then I would say that the quality of sound you were hearing is about on par with that of these headphones. The vocals seem to sound like the person is singing in a cave with the reverb turned up to the max.
I threw the packaging away when I opened these, so I'm not sure if they'll accept them when I return them, but I don't care, having them in my possession is a reminder of how duped I was by others' seemingly glowing reviews.

Musto LPX Jacket SL0011 in Dark Grey with hood
Musto LPX Jacket SL0011 in Dark Grey with hood

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good!, 25 July 2012
I'm so thrilled with this jacket. I bought it for the purpose of a rain jacket, even though it's actually a high-end wet weather sailing jacket. I bought it on recommendation of a friend who is a professional sailor by trade. The quality is outstanding and I've been kept dry as a bone in the most torrential of downpours. The quality is like the Burberry of sailing/rain jackets. 5 stars.

Falke Run Men's Sneaker Socks White 46/48
Falke Run Men's Sneaker Socks White 46/48

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality socks, just a tad expensive, 25 July 2012
These socks are obviously good quality cotton and are well made. I bought them solely because its hard to find a quality "invisible" sock that you can wear with trainers or sneakers and they can't be seen. As these are intended as a running sock, they're just a fraction too visible around the arch at the topside of my foot for the purpose for which I bought them. Otherwise they are good, and they have a low cut around the heel and have the added feature of some gel ribbing in the inside which keeps the heel part of the sock gripped to your heel. I don't have any problems with these socks falling off my foot and disappearing into my shoe. I'm a UK size 12 and these 46/48 size fit perfectly. I've removed 1 star because of the high price, I paid in excess of £11 for a pair of socks which is excessive.

House of Marley Stir It Up Harvest Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Aluminium
House of Marley Stir It Up Harvest Headphones with 3 Button Mic - Aluminium

4.0 out of 5 stars Balanced Sound, Top Build Quality, Look great, 5 May 2012
Here are my pros and cons:
Pros:
Balanced Sound Quality, I tried on other popular brands which were just ridiculously bass heavy. These are bassy but its a balanced all-round sound;
Superior build quality (as opposed to something cheap and plastic'y like Beats By Dre for example);
Detachable woven insulated coord which is lightweight, sufficiently long and has the inline buttons for volume and call answer. The insulation on the cord means I don't get any noise interference from the cord rubbing against my shirt or jacket as other headphones do;
Build quality - These are beautifully made from quality materials. Everything's solid and they just *feel* expensive;
Sweet looking - the turned beech-coloured wood with etched Marley logo has serious cool factor.
I can take calls without removing them, the buttons in cord have a built-in microphone so they act as a headset.

Cons:
The carry case is a soft fabric in what seems to be hemp. I would have liked a hard moulded case so they can go in my luggage and I don't have to worry about them getting crunched;
Perhaps its my big head, but I find the squeeze on my head and ears just a bit tight. My ears get a bit achey after a relatively short time (however this also means they block a lot of external environmental noise without noise-cancelling functionality).

I subtracted 1 star for these two Cons, but they are still fantastic. I'd recommend trying these on in a store before you buy.

Spotless: Room-by-Room Solutions to Domestic Disasters
Spotless: Room-by-Room Solutions to Domestic Disasters
by Jennifer Fleming

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Go To stain and cleaning guide, 18 April 2012
I enjoy reading Shannon's columns in the newspaper. She's a wealth of knowledge on the things that aren't really passed on through generations today. This is a good book and worth the small amount of money paid for invaluable knowledge. You'll think it's weird when you see people wearing pantyhose and not using them instead for cleaning.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for budget airline travel. Great investment, 18 April 2012
This thing is awesome. Took this with us to Morocco when we were returning to London via budget Ryanair with bags laden with our antique booty. Essential item. You will now never find me doing the re-pack of shame at the airline check-in counter, rather I will be the person at the back of the line smugly congratulating myself on this great amazon purchase, whilst silently deriding those less-anal travellers now delaying my check-in. 5-stars!

Bar Craft Ice Cube Tray
Bar Craft Ice Cube Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ice trays I've ever seen, 18 April 2012
Is it nerdy to love an ice-tray? Probably, but understandable given the quality and design of these. These are the best ice-cube trays I've ever come across and and I'm so happy I found them. There are some things in life that are suited to being made from silicon: Tongs-Yes, Egg poachers-Yes, Breasts-debatable, Ice-cube trays-Definitely Not. If you have people around your house for drinks and they find your freezer laden with bright pink squidgy trays of ice-blocks in the shape of love-hearts, to which it takes 2-minutes of wrangling to extract a single piddly cube into their glass, they secretly think you're an idiot and you've failed as your duty as a host. If on the other hand you have these trays, which produce huge solid blocks which fall out of the tray at the merest suggestion that you need ice and are large enough to stay frozen for a lot longer, then you'll be a winner.
Someone deserves a design award. They have a good sized lip all around the outer edge so that you don't spill water when placing them in the freezer. They stack well such that there is no contact between the tray on top and the water in the tray below. And as I mentioned, the cubes are a great larger than average size and fall out of the tray with only the slightest twist of the tray. The plastic is really thick and solid and I don't believe it will crack with use.
All up, amazing, 5 stars, I'm ordering more.

Say It with Style: Perfect Quotes for Every Card-Making Occasion
Say It with Style: Perfect Quotes for Every Card-Making Occasion
by Tanya Fox

1.0 out of 5 stars Like Hallmark cards?, 26 Jan. 2012
I suppose it's my fault for not finding out more about this book prior to purchasing it. I'm a 30 year old guy and wanted a book that would help me out with my mental block when it comes to writing a sentiment in a blank card for any number of occasions (engagements, weddings, birthdays, condolences etc). If this is what you too are looking for, then this book isn't for you.
If however, you love lace, doilys, cute framed pictures of kittens, collections of beach shells, cross-stitched cushion covers, the colour pink and are of a deeply Christian faith, then I would imagine you're the sort of person who would enjoy this book immensely. It's like Hallmark, with more cheese.

Five-Panel Trucker - Structured, Navy
Five-Panel Trucker - Structured, Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and so cheap, 26 Jan. 2012
I bought two of these hats in different colours for summer. They served me very well. Quality is great, the colours are good, and I like having no branding or labels on my hats.

Hama Lens Cleaning Pen
Hama Lens Cleaning Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific and well priced, 26 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Hama Lens Cleaning Pen (Camera)
This is a terrific 2-in-1 lens cleaning brush and felt pad. The brush does a good job of displacing any sand and dirt built up on the lens, and the circular felt pad (which is impregnated with a cleaning agent) does a great job of removing residue and fingerprints from the lens leaving a beautifully clean surface.
Don't use the felt pad end to clean the LCD viewfinder screen, as the cleaning agent is dark in colour, which then transfers to your nose when you take a shot using the optical viewfinder.

Page: 1 | 2