Profile for Kate Charles > Reviews

Content by Kate Charles

Kate Charles "Katie" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stewart 2320005 100 cm Grow Bag Tray - Black
Stewart 2320005 100 cm Grow Bag Tray - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for purpose., 17 April 2017
exactly what I wanted, exactly as described, arrived in good time.

LADIES WIDE BRIMMED FLOPPY STRAW HAT (CREAM)
LADIES WIDE BRIMMED FLOPPY STRAW HAT (CREAM)
Offered by PARIELLA

4.0 out of 5 stars exactly as described, 17 April 2017
very nice product and fit well. Unfortunately the visit was a little more windy than anticipated, so it kept sailing off my head!

Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow

3.0 out of 5 stars an interesting theory undermined by flimsy argument and unconvincing evidence, 17 April 2017
I usually very much enjoy books that challenge my thinking, and indeed very much enjoyed 'Sapiens'. However, the tendency in this volume to set up unrealistic false dichotomies, and 'creatively' misinterpret belief systems (apparently every school of thought is a 'religion' wtf.) in order to bolster his increasingly thin argument irritated rather than challenged, and I spent most of the book thinking 'well, no, not really; that's easily disproved' - which made it difficult to give him any credibility. I think his theories are interesting, but when they are presented with such patronisingly flimsy 'evidence', it doesn't really encourage you to engage with it.

in short - disappointing.

Casio Men's F91W-1 Classic Black Digital Resin Strap Watch
Casio Men's F91W-1 Classic Black Digital Resin Strap Watch
Offered by Cost-Dropper

4.0 out of 5 stars The product itself is fine, but the unnecessary gendering of completely gender neutral ..., 14 Feb. 2017
It irritates me that this is advertised as a men's watch. The product itself is fine, but the unnecessary gendering of completely gender neutral products is a bit embarrassing nowadays considering how far we've come in other areas.

WearAll Women's Long Sleeve Cable Knitted Tassle Polo Cowl Neck Cape Poncho Top Shawl - Dark Grey - One Size
Offered by Horizon UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Feb. 2017
nice and warm

Fairisle 100% Brushed Cotton Flannelette Quilt Duvet Cover and 2 Pillowcase Bedding Bed Set, Red/Multi-Colour, King

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely festive bed set, 14 Dec. 2016
This lovely bed set is so soft and snuggly! My husband has declared that he will only sleep in brushed cotton from now on. The colours are great, and the items fit our bedding perfectly. I'm not sure it will survive many washes, as the fabric is a little thin - but it was bought to be used only over Christmas, so I don't think that'll be a problem.

200cm Christmas Garland with Mixed Berries
200cm Christmas Garland with Mixed Berries

4.0 out of 5 stars well made, will last., 4 Dec. 2016
well worth a tenner, but I wish I'd bought two as it's not quite enough to achieve the look I wanted winding up my stair banisters. It's well made - with wire rather than glue holding the decorations on - and it'll be easy to attach further decorations to personalise it. all in all, pretty nice.

Womens Cape Shawl Wrap Long Knitted Sweater Folded Roll Neck Button Jumper Ladies Poncho Top One Size Burgundy One Size 8-16
Offered by FASHION ESSENTIALS

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely warm and soft cape, 4 Dec. 2016
oh, this is a lovely, lovely warm and snuggly cape. Exactly what I wanted now that the weather has turned, and the little chills start to creep around the back of your neck! Reaches right down over my knees while I'm sitting on the sofa, so bonus - warm knees!

Quality Pink Hobby Sturdy Plastic Stool Step Home Kitchen Bathroom
Quality Pink Hobby Sturdy Plastic Stool Step Home Kitchen Bathroom

4.0 out of 5 stars great for required use., 30 Nov. 2016
exactly what I wanted. price reflects the sturdiness of it, but I wanted it only for light use, so it's fine.

Foot Stool Home Sweet Home
Foot Stool Home Sweet Home
Offered by Dotcomgiftshop

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, well made., 30 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Foot Stool Home Sweet Home
it's under my desk, warming and supporting my feet as I type this. I struggled to find a stool small enough to fit in the space, so was delighted to find this one. It's very well-constructed and perfect for my purposes. The only thing I would have liked was a choice about the design or the colour - but it's under my desk and I don't see it, so that's not a problem!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3