Profile for Paula Woods > Reviews

Content by Paula Woods

Paula Woods "paulawoods2" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Barleans Organic Lemon Zest Omega Swirl Fish Oil 473ml
Barleans Organic Lemon Zest Omega Swirl Fish Oil 473ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for curly hair, 27 Mar. 2012
I have long curly hair that tends to get frizzy if dried with a hair dryer, so most morning I tend to go out with wet hair, which is not good on a winter's morning. I was recommended this hair dryer by a friend. It is brilliant. The curls are more defined and there seem to be more of them. It does not seem to split the ends and does not take very long at all to fully dry your hair, without the frizz factor.
Would recommend.

Pandora's Gift
Pandora's Gift

2.0 out of 5 stars Mills & Boon, 28 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Pandora's Gift (Kindle Edition)
I really don't like Mills and Boon type novels and this is certainly one of those. It is a very short read (thankfully as I would have been even more disappointed.
Supposedly Pandora has magic powers and is drawn to Flint because of his troubles that he carries around with him. With one night of extreme passion (written very vividly) it seems her magic powers have drawn him in. They then meet again and that is the end of the story.
If you are a fan of the Mills & Boon type of novel, then you might like this, if not, then don't even bother. I am just glad that I got it for free.

The Copper Sign
The Copper Sign
by Katia Fox

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but ok, 10 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Copper Sign (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I struggled with this book. The heroine is a plucky lady, but that was about all. I felt it was far too long and dragged in a lot of places. It just seemed that the author lost her way in places. Not my favourite I am afraid. Also the font in the book was far too small, hence the reason a kindle.

The Angel at No. 33
The Angel at No. 33
by Polly Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy insightful read, 10 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Angel at No. 33 (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I enjoyed this book. Having read Polly Williams books before, I eagerly started to read this book and was not disappointed. She has an very smooth way of writing, sometimes witty, but always endearing. This was quite a difficult subject about a young woman being killed and the devastation she leaves behind. Polly Williams manages to not make this morbid and sometimes very funny. You are able to connect to all her characters. If you want a enjoyable easy read, then try this book.

The Promise
The Promise
by Lesley Pearse

4.0 out of 5 stars Sequel to Belle, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Promise (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the continuing story of Belle, Jimmy, Garth & Mog. Now they are all settled in the Railway Inn in Blackheath, both couples married and living happily. But as we well know with Lesley Pearse this does not last long. The onset of the 1st World War sees Jimmy enlisting and Belle training to be a nurse, then ambulance woman in France.

A really good insight into the trials, tribulations and sacrifice of human life during the 1st World War and the effect it had to all people concerned.

I would not say that this was one of Lesley's best books, but it was easy to read, a good story if not a little predictable.

Letter from Chicago (Short Story)
Letter from Chicago (Short Story)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best, 6 Jan. 2012
This is an extremely short story and definitely not one of Cathy Kelly's best. It felt a bit like the author wrote this between her other novels which I thoroughly enjoy. Not much substance and I would recommend not to bother with this one. Too many other good books out there.

DAKOTA - 140 DVD Blu-ray / 210 CD Media Storage Tower Shelves - Silver
DAKOTA - 140 DVD Blu-ray / 210 CD Media Storage Tower Shelves - Silver
Offered by Watsons on the Web

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Jan. 2012
These are the second set of these I have bought for my son's rapidly expanding DVD collection. My son and I were able to put them together without much difficulty (which is a feat in itself - woman, son and screwdriver!!!). They are extremely sturdy and well worth the money. Would highly recommend.

Sekonda Women's Quartz Watch with Beige Dial Analogue Display and Navy PU Strap 4017.27
Offered by Watch Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap watch, so ok, 6 Jan. 2012
For the money paid for this watch, it is ok. Very lightweight, but feels very flimsy. My previous watch was a Fossil and I was expecting the same, but it is very inferior. Pretty everyday watch, but would probably have purchased something else if I had seen it in the shops.

This is a Love Story: But not every story is the same
This is a Love Story: But not every story is the same
by Jessica Thompson

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about, 3 Jan. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am sorry to say but this book really started to annoy me. It was about 2 people who met on a tube, then found out they worked in the same place and took the whole book to find out that they were attracted to each other. I enjoyed the two characters and the author's style of writing, but felt that the story was extremely weak.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2012 10:04 PM BST

The Billionaire's Nanny
The Billionaire's Nanny

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the read, 28 Nov. 2011
I know chick lit books are predictable, but this was ridiculous. It could have been written in one chapter for all that it amounted to. Repetitive and not worth the read. There are far better books at there and I wished I had not bothered.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11