Profile for Paula Woods > Reviews

Content by Paula Woods

Paula Woods "paulawoods2" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 1)
Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 28 Oct. 2011
Another good read from Jeffrey Archer. This is the first book about Harry Clifton and the people around him. It sets you off on a journey through the life of Harry and all those involved. At the beginning the story is told through the eyes of Harry, but then changes to Harry's mother, Harry's friend etc. Sometimes this was quite repetitive because it was telling you about the same things, but through the eyes of someone else. I did find that it did get quite stuck in the middle, but well worth ploughing through.
Look forward to the sequel as this one was left on quite a cliff hanger.

Baby Be Mine
Baby Be Mine

4.0 out of 5 stars Sequel to Johnny Be Good, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Baby Be Mine (Paperback)
This book is the sequel to Johnny Be Good and carries on the story of Johnny, Meg and Christian. The first couple of chapters seemed to be repeating what happened in the 1st book, but then if you have not read Johnny Be Good it would have been needed so you knew all the characters. I felt really sorry for Christian, but in my heart of hearts so wanted Meg to sort herself out with Johnny. Really good sequel and again lovely to have the three characters together again. I have really enjoyed Paige Toon books. The are quick, easy read and very enjoyable.

Johnny Be Good
Johnny Be Good

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Chic Lit, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Johnny Be Good (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Extremely fast moving, read in one session. Loved all the characters and the way they interacted towards each other. Thoroughly recommend if you like this type of genre.

My Daddy Cooks: 100 Fresh New Recipes for the Whole Family
My Daddy Cooks: 100 Fresh New Recipes for the Whole Family
by Nick Coffer

3.0 out of 5 stars Obviously not getting it, 21 Oct. 2011
Looks like I am the only person who is not going to rave about this book. I bought this on the recommendations of all the reviews, but have to say I am disappointed. I have made a couple of the dishes from the book and the first one I made, which was the Beef in Guinness was horrible. Maybe it was me, but I followed the recipe and did exactly what was asked, but it had a really bitter taste to it.
I do agree that the recipes are easy and well described. I have been cooking for a long time now and I think there are far better cook books out there. I do not think that there are enough pictures, especially if you are cooking with your children as they do like to see what the end result looks like.
Sorry to put a downer on all the other rave review, but not my favourite cook book.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 9:36 PM BST

Daddy Long Legs
Daddy Long Legs
by Jean Webster

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for adults too, 21 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Daddy Long Legs (Paperback)
I do remember reading this when I was a young adult, but decided to read it again and I was not disappointed. It is a great story. I am not one for reading a lot of classics, but I would recommend this one. It is about a young girl who has been in an orphanage most of her life. She is then given the chance to go to college but is not allowed to know who is sponsoring her. The book is all the letters that she writes to her sponsor who she calls Daddy Long Legs. I loved the writing style and the language used in the book. There were so many wonderful quotes, that I had to write a lot of them down to remember them. Well worth the read.

The Christmas Wedding
The Christmas Wedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 19 Oct. 2011
I so wish James Patterson would write more of these books. I loved Sunday's at Tiffany's, Sam's Letters to Jennifer and Sam's diary for Nicholas and this was just as good.
This is about a mother/grandmother who lost her husband to a heart attack the previous year and gets three wedding proposals (chance would be a fine thing). She decides to get married on Christmas Day and no-one apart from herself knows which one she will marry. She tells her children via video links and asks them all to attend.
The story tells you about Gaby, the mother/grandmother and her three children. What I enjoy about these types of books that James Patterson writes, are the clever words and poignant phrases which really make you think.
I read this in one session, it was an extremely easy book to read and very very enjoyable.

Where the Truth Lies: An Unputdownable Psychological Thriller
Where the Truth Lies: An Unputdownable Psychological Thriller
by Julie Corbin

4.0 out of 5 stars Very exciting, 18 Oct. 2011
What a good read. Extremely exciting and for once I did not have any clue as to who was involved. I did find the pace at times quite slow, but very well written and a fabulous plot. If you like thrillers, I would recommend reading this.

Lucy in the Sky
Lucy in the Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars A good easy read, 14 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Lucy in the Sky (Paperback)
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Extremely easy to read, with good humour. This is the first book that I have read of Paige Toon and will certainly be reading more. You could relate to all the characters, it was fast paced and funny. A book that would be could to read curling up on the sofa, beach holiday or commuting. Worth a read if you are looking for a good chick lit book.

Spring Loaded Manual Tension Rod for Net Curtains & Voiles 122-183cm Nets At Home

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 12 Oct. 2011
I have tried a lot of Net curtain rods and have found these to be the best. I have a low window which is about 6ft wide. The main problem I have is my cats sit on the window sill to watch the world go by and are constantly pushing the net curtain out of the way. This causes the rod to bend slightly.
This rod is the most sturdy that I have managed to find. The screw does fall out when you extend it, but with a bit of patience you can get it out again.
Would certainly use these again.

Folly
Folly

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 12 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Folly (Kindle Edition)
This is the 2nd novel that I have read by Alan Titchmarsh. It was an easy read and I enjoyed it, but I did find it quite confusing. I really struggled with the art part of the book. I did not understand the parts about the fakes and original paintings.
I did enjoy the characters of the book and it certainly is a quick and easy read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12