Profile for Truthful > Reviews

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
Offered by Audible Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant re-telling of a classic saga, 28 July 2016
Absolutely super. Brilliant text - so evocative - read superbly by Sean Bean. We listened to this in the car and were totally gripped. May be a bit difficult for very young children - suitable for age 8 upwards but adults will love it too. Completely captures the eerie, other-world atmosphere of the Arthurian myths. You can hear the influence of other tellings eg Tennyson, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, etc.

Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook: The Essential Guide to Caring for Everything in Your Home
by Martha Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 May 2010
I totally love this book. In an age when we are deluged with interior decorating books, there are very few books which focus on the mechanics of what makes a house a home - rather than its external appearance. The book deals with everything related to managing a house and making it a comfortable, inviting, well-run place. It deals with almost any question you might have about your home, from fixing leaks to how to choose the bed linen. A mine of information and a great reference manual for all who yearn after the lost art of housekeeping.

Hutchinson Treasury Of Children's Poetry
Hutchinson Treasury Of Children's Poetry
by Alison Sage

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Feb. 2010
My husband bought this for my two children, now aged 2 and 4, and I read a selection of poems from it to them every night as they drift off to sleep. There is a wonderful mixture of old favourites and new discoveries, and a huge variety of brilliant and evocative illustrations. I can see this as a book for them to grow up with and treasure for the whole of their lives. Highly recommended.

Hygiplas Low Density Chopping Board Set - Set includes 6 boards, plastic rack and wipe clean wall chart
Offered by Revelation At Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good buy, 9 Feb. 2010
I bought these as a present for a young family. I was going to buy the Joseph Joseph set of boards but was put off by the luke-warm reviews. This set of boards, on the other hand, are perfect for the job. Well-made and unpretentious, they are perfect in any real cook's kitchen, and better value than the fancy designer versions available on the market.

Kitchen Craft Classic Collection 29cm Ceramic Cake Stand with Glass Dome
Kitchen Craft Classic Collection 29cm Ceramic Cake Stand with Glass Dome

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 9 Jan. 2010
This is a really excellent buy - beautifully made and wrapped, speedily delivered. It took pride of place holding our Christmas cake and several people who saw it asked me where I got it - someone actually ordered it too! It looks a lot more expensive than it is.

The Complete Learner Driver Kit (PC)
The Complete Learner Driver Kit (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant!, 9 July 2009
I bought this on the basis of the positive reviews on Amazon and it is completely fantastic. So far I've used it to sit the driving theory test, and it had everything I needed - the complete question bank in a handy, easy-to-use format for the multiple choice past of the test, and loads of hazard perception clips to practise the hazard perception part. The hazard perception clips are I think on balance harder than those in the actual test, so if you can manage these you should find the test easier. When I sat the real theory test I ended up getting 100% on the multiple choice and 81% on the hazard perception, all down to this package! I'm now getting ready to try out the practical section and will report back after that....but so far, a big thumbs up!

Poems to Last a Lifetime
Poems to Last a Lifetime
by Daisy Goodwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant!, 29 Jun. 2009
I bought this book some time ago and it has not left my bedside/bathside since. It's a wonderful collection of poetry arranged by subject matter, with mouthwatering photos and a succint - but very enlightened - commentary on each one. I know an awful lot of poetry, and knew quite a few of these poems by heart, but even with the poems I knew, I found the photos and commentary illuminating. And there were plenty of wonderful new poems to discover too! A must for girlie evenings in with a glass of wine....

Minus Nine to One: The Diary of an Honest Mum
Minus Nine to One: The Diary of an Honest Mum
by Jools Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant!, 29 Jun. 2009
I read this book when I was expecting my first son and totally loved it - I have subsequently bought it for every one of my pregnant friends as a gift! It really captures all that is uplifting and happy about pregnancy and motherhood - it gives you belief that, in the end, it is all worthwhile. Whilst it is quite saccharine, and glosses over the really depressing parts of the motherhood experience, it's a wonderful gift for new mothers as a pick-me-up along the way!

BABYBJÖRN Toilet Trainer (Snow-White / Pitch Black)
BABYBJÖRN Toilet Trainer (Snow-White / Pitch Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant!, 29 Jun. 2009
We bought this (along with the matching step-up stool) because I wanted to avoid using a potty with our son - I didn't fancy having to empty it and preferred the idea of just putting on a seat! It worked (and still works) a treat, fitting every toilet seat I've tried it on. Relatively easy to transport too, when you are out and about. A really good product.

Potty Training In One Week
Potty Training In One Week
by Gina Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably helpful, 29 Jun. 2009
I found this book reasonably helpful as a general guide - it has some good ideas, such as the potty training star chart (which worked a treat with our son). But I do think the stated aim of potty training in a week is totally unrealistic, at least for most boys under 2 and a half years old. Ours was a reluctant one to go to the potty and it took us just over a month....so use it for advice, but with a pinch of salt!

Page: 1 | 2