Profile for D. O. Welch > Reviews

Content by D. O. Welch

D. O. Welch (Carlisle, UK)

RDX Weight Lifting Wrist Wraps Gym Straps Crossfit Bodybuilding Power Training Workout Exercise
Offered by B2Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 29 July 2013
I brought these Wrist Supports based on customer reviews - the reviews were spot on. These are a great product, well made and comfortable in use and look good.

I made one small mistake when ordering. Normally medical supports of this sort are sold individually, but with this product they come as pairs, so instead of one pair, I now have two pairs.
On reflection I'm pleased about that. Without asking to express delivery they were at my door in 3 day's.
Now the use for me of these RDX Wrist Weight Lifting Training Gym Straps Bandage, is not for Gym work but my wrist's became week following a bad sprain. I need them for general support around the home/garden and for playing golf.

I highly recommend them

Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner (6400dpi, 3.4 Opt Density, USB 2.0)
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner (6400dpi, 3.4 Opt Density, USB 2.0)

4.0 out of 5 stars MacPro + Snow Leopard compatibility - Just Great, 14 Jan. 2010
Received the V500 3 days after ordering. I've had this scanner one day but wanted to share my experience quickly to all those Mac Pro (Early 2009) users who use Snow Leopard.
I read numerous reviews for the Canon and HP scanners of this price range and finally selected the V500 because of its reported better quality scanning and ability to better handle multiple photo scans.
Now, I have not had time to test the full functionality or quality of slide or negative scanning. With photo reflective scans it does a fine job at high speed tested over different setting and in auto mode.
Online manual looked good and I like the way it allows me to control where scans are located on the computer

THE DOWN SIDE and the reason I only give the V500 4 stars is the lack of good setting up documentation, and I don't really believe a product should be judged on its initial setup documentation.

I suggest users DO NOT use the V500 CD-ROM if you are a Snow Leopard or Windows 7 user. There is a piece of loose paper (A5 size) included in the box that refers to these operating systems WEB SUPPORT Sites but
Does Not tell you to go to these sites BEFORE installing from the CD ROM. I initially used the CD ROM and then looked at the support sites - WRONG - I had to uninstall all the software and reinstall using
the Web Site procedures.
THESE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS WERE EASY to follow and allows you to install the Scanner drivers without the Epson printer drivers (this took an age from the CD). It was so simple, Epson should be more
explicit about the use of that little bit of paper.

I read the one star reviews that referred to the buttons not working on the scanner. THIS happens because the CD ROM was used and is not always compatible to the operating system. AS I found out too my cost in time.

STILL An Excellent Scanner - I hope this review avoids potential buyers falling into the same trap I did.