Profile for Mr Nigel J McTear > Reviews

Content by Mr Nigel J McTear

Mr Nigel J McTear

New English File: Elementary: Student's Book: Six-level general English course for adults[No DVD Included]: Student's Book Elementary level
by Clive Oxenden

1.0 out of 5 stars I bought this book with the Beginner edition. My ..., 8 Aug. 2015
I bought this book with the Beginner edition. My comments about that book apply. How can you use listening exercises when there is no CD? I have returned this book.

New English File: Beginner: Student's Book: Six-level general English course for adults
by Clive Oxenden

1.0 out of 5 stars The book was fine however the description clearly states, 8 Aug. 2015
The book was fine however the description clearly states ,"People in the street' interviews ... and Listening scripts Grammar Bank, Vocabulary Bank, and Sounds Bank. There is NO DVD/CD so how can one have a listening script? I have returned this book!

On Her Majesty's Service [DVD] [NTSC]
On Her Majesty's Service [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Gary Barlow

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 17 Jun. 2013
A really heart warming DVD which shows how music crosses international boundaries and shows how it can make people forget their troubles for a short while.

Grays Match Stick Kit Bag (Royal/Sky)
Grays Match Stick Kit Bag (Royal/Sky)

4.0 out of 5 stars REALLY GOOD, 28 April 2013
Bought this for my 12 year old son. He says that it is really good, and that is good enough for me!

The Games by The Times
The Games by The Times
by The Times

1.0 out of 5 stars DELIVERED DAMAGED TWICE DUE TO UNSUITABLE PACKAGING, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Games by The Times (Hardcover)
I ordered this book, the Architecture of London 2012 and London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games official commemorative book. They ALL arrived damaged. The packaging was totally unsuitable. I contacted Amazon and arranged an exchange. The same thing happened again!
Finally after a third plain language complaint, someone decided to actually pack the books as opposed to just putting them in a very thin box! If this is a packaging cost saving exercise then it clearly is failing as sending books out three times and having an angry customer who has had a bad shopping experience ,TWICE, is not worth it!
Now that the books have arrived undamaged I can't criticise them and they are a great visual record of the games.

Bolshoi Ballet Collection - The Nutcracker [DVD] [2011]
Bolshoi Ballet Collection - The Nutcracker [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Nina Kaptsova

4.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I ORDERED., 10 Feb. 2013
I ordered this DVD for Christmas, unfortunately it didn't arrive on time so that was the down side. However, I really enjoyed the dancing and the sets. I have actually seen the Nutcracker on New year's Eve in the Bolshoi in Moscow so it brought back fond memories The DVD quality production leaves much to be desired. It constantly crackles and regularly makes a high pitched sound. I believe that the description alludes to this but by justifying it by power surges in this day and age?
Because of my memories I have given it 4 stars but as it arrived after I wanted it and the production quality of the DVD it only really deserves three stars.

Kookaburra Pro 400 Cricket Bag - Black/Lime/Silver
Kookaburra Pro 400 Cricket Bag - Black/Lime/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars This bag is Well good! My 12 year old son says!, 10 Feb. 2013
I bought this bag for my 12 year old son. He really likes it,"well good" , is praise indeed. It has a special compartment for shoes and helmet as described. He likes the colour and it is easy to pull around. The only bad point is that there is no cricket bat sheath/holster on the outside of the bag(his words not mine). Overall he likes it and it does the job I bought it for and even better, at a great price!