Profile for Mrs Mum > Reviews

Content by Mrs Mum

Mrs Mum

Page: 1 | 2
Hoppa, 1 year warranty, 23", Black, Lightweight hard wearing and light weight microfiber material wheeled shopping trolley, 60x24x33cm, 47L, 1.82kg (Black)
Offered by Dealsdirect247

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for a while, but not very durable, 26 Jun. 2014
I give this 3 stars because it has a generous capacity, does not tip over easily and feels nice and sturdy to use. However, after 6 months of using once or twice a week, the draw string seams are coming apart and it has holes on the bottom front corners. It would be better if the base was actually fixed to the frame to stop it slopping around, which is what has caused the holes. I'm now looking to invest in a better designed one.

Umiwe(TM) Egg Stainless Steel 60-Minute Kitchen Timer-Silver With Umiwe Accessory Peeler

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke very quickly, 27 May 2014
My son wound this up a bit too tight and it broke it really easily. Also notice these are now available in the pound shop. As a throw away item, I suppose it might be ok, but seems a bit wastful to use all that metal for something that's going to end up in the bin so quickly

Pirate Boys Stripey Fancy Dress Costume age 4-6 years
Pirate Boys Stripey Fancy Dress Costume age 4-6 years
Offered by The Costume and Party Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy sizing and poor quality, 27 May 2014
This is really poor quality fabric and has a very thin, tight piece of elastic holding up the trousers, which looks like it's going to be uncomfortable to wear. I bought the small size for my 4 year old who is a bit short for his age and very slim, and it was too tight for him. I would say it's age 2-3. Oddly, it arrived with some black ink marks on the top. Sent back.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and great value, 27 May 2014
These cut up to 1.2mm wire quite easily and are as good quality as some of the more expensive brands. I purchased them for jewellery making but they could be used for cutting all manner of things. They are comfortable to hold, have full sized ergonomic handles, and are build to last. Highly recommended, especially at such a bargain price, considering the competition costs around 5 times more!

Russell Hobbs 2-Slice Wide Slot Toaster 20700 - Polished and Brushed Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Only toasts very small slices and broke after 3 months, 27 May 2014
We bought this following various good reviews, but it was disappointing. It only toasts the smallest of square loaves, and doesn't do that very evenly. On the lowest setting you get warm bread as expected, but turn it up a notch and it's burnt on one side and bread on the other. After 3 months, this become even more pronounced to the point it was no longer usable and we had to return it. Searching the best reviews on Amazon for a 2 slice toaster, I see there is a brand I've never heard of that seems to get the best reviews. Will give that a go, as the best known brand was disappointing,

Meditation and Mindfulness Training: Practical Mindfulness Exercises and Mindful Meditations (The Meditation for Life Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful guide for beginners and experience meditators alike, 31 July 2013
This is a helpful, well written guide with lots of useful gems that can provide inspiration for beginners or experienced meditators alike. There is a potted history of mindfulness and a clear explanation of what 'it' is, along with several practical exercises that are well explained.
I particularly liked the honest, open approach that suggests mindfulness is very much a practice and not something that is going to happen overnight. It is a conscious choice, e.g. we can wake up mindfully and be aware of how it feels to wake, dress ourselves mindfully etc.
There are also additional sections on 'stress and mindfulness', mindfulness at work, mindfulness to help you achieve your goals and so on. I've read a few books on mindfulness and not all of them are as succinct and practical in this way, so that was appreciated!
As with learning anything new, it takes a bit of practice, but making a Kindle edition of this book means that I can read and re-read sections when I'm out and about.
Overall, this is a great little book and well worth 77p!!

Pourty Easy-to-Pour Potty (Purple)
Pourty Easy-to-Pour Potty (Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars The only potty you'll ever need!, 16 Jun. 2013
We tried 2 other potties before this one. A pound shop one just to get used to the idea (it cracked in a few days) and a winnie the pooh one, which was solid enough, but had a shallow bowl and narrow sides, so wasn't comfortable.

The pourty is really thoughtfully designed. It's narrow, but has wide sides, so is comfortable to sit on. Liquids pour out of it easily with no mess whatsoever. It also has a nice deep bowl and a high front, which is ideal for boys and stops the business from slopping over the sides. To top it off, it's solid and sturdy (I don't understand the bad review that said it wasn't- I've looked at a few and haven't seen one more sturdy than this, and as for sloppy poo, well...no potty is going to help you avoid that! Just clean it out with a wet wipe and give it a wash it in bathwater at the end of the day. Easy)

We take this everywhere. It fits in the basket under our umbrella buggy and we decided to save the cost of a travel potty and just take this out with us in a carrier bag.

If you haven't bought one yet, save your money, avoid the gimmicks and the narrow sided uncomfortable ones and get this.
It rocks, plus it's purple and has a cat on the front ;)

For under a tenner (at time of buying) I think it's really good value and my boy loves it. 2 weeks into potty training and he likes it so much, there's hardly any accidents any more.

Case-Mate Emerge Smooth Case for Nokia Lumia 800 - Purple
Case-Mate Emerge Smooth Case for Nokia Lumia 800 - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooths off those sharp corners on the Nokia Lumia 800, 11 Nov. 2012
If you are looking for something that is not only sleek, smart and durable but also rounds off those uncomfortably sharp corners on the Nokia Lumia 800, you need look no further. I had to do extensive searches to find this and can't believe no-one else has realised there is a gap in the market on cases for this model of phone. For 3.99, down from a tenner, this is a bargain too! Not sure why the reviwer of the black version thought it was overpriced, though when I was searching I did notice that the black one was available for less from 'Play.
Only thing I would say is that the picture is a bit inccurate. You are buying what you see on pics 1 and 3, not 2 and 4. This case has cut outs, not button covers.

Guide to Knitting Stitches
Guide to Knitting Stitches
by None

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. What a find!, 23 April 2012
This is a really great book. Very old and retro in style and layout (as you can see from the cover) but full colour and full of more stitches than you can throw a set of knitting needles at!
The layout makes it easy to work too, and I often photocopy a page and bung it in with my notes when I am designing things, so I don't have to carry the book around.
They don't make 'em like this anymore. If you are lucky enough to find one, snap it up!
(By the way, [...] is a fantastic online community of knitters and crocheters with loads of patterns for free)
Happy knitting!

Classical Music Collection
Classical Music Collection

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting...polyphonic music, not orchestral, 23 April 2012
I see this gets good reviews, so maybe I'm the exception, but I didn't really like it. I was expecting familiar classical tunes played by an orchestra, but it is not. The music is polyphonic, which to me gives it a plinky plonky grating tone that really gets on my nerves. It's like hearing a really long mobile phone ringtone.
I gave this away and now pick up genunine classical music CDs from charity shops and car boots sales. I also discovered my baby son is particularly fond of Classic FM, which is on all day for free! Radio 3 also play some nice stuff in the afternoons. Bonus!

Page: 1 | 2