Profile for Jp > Reviews

Jp

Away With The Fairies
Away With The Fairies

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartfelt and humorous. Loved it!, 3 Jan. 2014
I had the good fortune to meet this wonderful author by way of Facebook. When I expressed interest in her work, she was gracious enough to send me a copy of Away with the Fairies. She did not ask for a review, but after reading her book, I felt I had to write about how much I enjoyed it.

This is not normally a genre I would read and I wasn't sure what to expect going in. Did I expect a well-written novel? Based on what I knew of the author, yes. What I didn't expect was the emotional journey her writing took me on.

The main character, Isobel, is similar to a lot of women juggling marriage, children, and a career. But that is where the similarities end. When a tragedy sends her life spiraling out of control, a strange set of events conspires to bring it back into focus with scary and sometimes humorous results.

Away with the Fairies is a thoroughly enjoyable book. It's also a stark reminder of what is important in life. And what we should strive to never forget.

I look forward to reading more from this author. Bravo!