Profile for CountryBoy > Reviews

Content by CountryBoy

CountryBoy

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (2 PCs, 1 User)
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (2 PCs, 1 User)
Offered by uksoftwareseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what it claimed to be on the packaging, 8 Feb. 2011
This was a genuine Microsoft product. The packaging was just as it was claimed to be in the offer for sale, but it turned out to be something different when it was loaded onto the computer. Instead of Office 2010 Home and business it turned out to be a trial version of Office 2010 Professional. The activation code allowed all products to be fully used for 30 days. After 30 days Publisher and Access remained on the hard drive as just a useless waste of space with no functionality and the other software was fully activated. When I approached MS by email to find out what I had to do to get my disc space back again I was told that they would not provide support for trial products and I was told to look on the MS website for instructions. This was despite the packaging clearly stating that technical support was provided for 90 days. I have lodged a formal complaint with Microsoft because the product was not fit for purpose and it did not do what it said it should do!!

This was part of a complete rebuild of my computer together with Windows 7. I have now resolved this issue with office 2010 because I needed to make a second rebuild to overcome some problems with drivers not working properly, and on the second rebuild I was able to avoid loading Access and Publisher altogether. I am pleased with the Office 2010 now that it is doing what I bought it for - I just object to the amount of my time that was wasted getting it to work properly.