Profile for Paul Stevens > Reviews

Content by Paul Stevens

Paul Stevens (New Forest)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bones Reds Bearings - Double (2)
Bones Reds Bearings - Double (2)
Offered by SkateHut

5.0 out of 5 stars Even on rougher surfaces the Kryps/Bones combo is amazing., 8 May 2016
Bought these to upgrade a complete board I purchased. They're in Kryptonics Reds on a pintail longboard. The wheels and bearings upgrade has really improved the board. On the smooth, one push has you rolling for ages. Even on rougher surfaces the Kryps/Bones combo is amazing.

Wahl Pro Hair Clipper
Wahl Pro Hair Clipper
Offered by Hair Products Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair we come, walking down the street..., 8 May 2016
Amazing. Reassuringly weighty and robust. It replaced a cheaper model I had for years, so I'm expecting even better service from this one.

Wahl is a great brand and this is a pro-standard product. Don't go for consumer level clippers, they're a false economy.

Griffin Survivor All-Terrain Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus - Black
Griffin Survivor All-Terrain Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus - Black
Offered by K.K. Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars One mean rubber bubba!, 27 Mar. 2016
The best phone cover/screen protector combo I could find. It's similar to the one I had for my iPhone 4, which was superb, although a tad less sturdy.

The version for the 4 was a two-part shell which clamped on front and back, then the rubber protector slipped on over that. It was excellent and when I eventually took the phone out (the only time I'd ever done so: to remove the sim card reset the phone and give it to my dad) it wa in mint condition. Not so much as a scratch or finger print.

This version for the 6s Plus is really really good though. Ins read of coming in three parts it comes in two: the rubber case, which fits on the back, and the screen protector, which snaps on the front. The phone is fully enclosed, with rubber buttons to use the functions and rubber flaps to access the headphone and charging sockets.

Excellent case. Despite not being as good as the one they made for the 4, this is still excellent. Tough as old boots.

Urban Armor Gear Feather-Light Composite Military Drop Tested Case for Apple iPhone 6 Plus/6S Plus - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I rest my case, 27 Mar. 2016
Very tough, durable, plastic case. Very snug fit on my iPhone 6s Plus. A cinch to fit. It only covers the back and sides though: you'll need to buy a screen protector separately.

MFi Certified 3.1A Lightning iPhone Car Charger with Extra USB Port for iPhone 7 Plus 7 6s 6 Plus 5s 5c 5,iPad Air 2 Mini 4 Pro and iPod (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential gadget for anyone who needs to arrive fully charged, 27 Mar. 2016
Brilliant. I can charge my iPhone and my e-cigarette battery at the same time.

Lords Of Dogtown [DVD]
Lords Of Dogtown [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Robinson
Offered by Just4-U-Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Skater boy, 27 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Lords Of Dogtown [DVD] (DVD)
A dramatised version of documentary Dogtown and Z-Boys (which you should order right now). Very evocative of the era and faithful to the original story. Heath Ledger steals the show, but the skaters and the skating are the real joy of this film.

Dogtown and Z-Boys [DVD] [2003]
Dogtown and Z-Boys [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Stacy Peralta
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The joy of decks, 27 Mar. 2016
Awesome! Totally rad dude! I even bought a skateboard off the back of seeing this on TV. Which is hugely sad, given I'm over 50!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2016 10:38 AM BST

Spectre [DVD] [2015]
Spectre [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

4.0 out of 5 stars Ghouls just wanna have fun, 27 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Spectre [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
Nowhere near as good as Skyfall. But a solid Bond film nonetheless.

The Fault In Our Stars
The Fault In Our Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Star quality, 27 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Fault In Our Stars (Audio CD)
I have this thing about teen movie soundtracks. Pleasant enough, if you like that sort of thing. Which clearly I do.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Vaper caper, 27 Mar. 2016
Aspire products rock. Top quality gear. These last for ages.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5