Profile for Jules > Reviews

Jules (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
British Guitar Music
British Guitar Music

4.0 out of 5 stars An essential recording for enthusiasts of post-war classical guitar, 18 July 2016
This review is from: British Guitar Music (Audio CD)
A great repertoire here played by a master of classical guitar. Includes one of my favourites, the Sonatina by Berkeley. It is hard for any player to match the original Julian Bream (for whom the piece was written) version of over half a century ago, but Devine comes close. Thoroughly recommended for lovers of classical guitar's more contemporary offering.

Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor
Edwin Jagger DE89 Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor

3.0 out of 5 stars I like this razor, 7 Oct. 2015
I like this razor, although it cuts me several times a week - I put that down to my bad technique. It's a shame that some others have given this product a bad review just because wet shaving with this type of razor doesn't suit them; I think it takes a lot of practice and patience. The reason I am only giving this 3 stars is that, despite only having had it for a year and treating it very well indeed, the chrome plating is already coming off in some areas. They should sort that out asap.

Konig and Meyer Table Music Stand - Red
Konig and Meyer Table Music Stand - Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design and practicality let it down, 7 Oct. 2015
Nice idea, but in practice this is neither very well designed nor hugely practical. It "falls apart" quite easily, meaning that the support collapses with slight movement. Also the buffers at the front which are supposed to hold the book/music sheet in place move easily, so quite quickly become ineffective. I will spend more next time and get a decent stand.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but overpriced, 7 Oct. 2015
This arrived promptly and fits my Edwin Jagger razor perfectly. The only reason I am not giving it 5 stars is that for £3 + £1.95 postage, it is a very, very overpriced small piece of grey plastic.

Oral-B Vitality Dual Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Vitality Dual Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Offered by christmannhandel

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugely disappointing battery life, 14 Sept. 2015
It works fine and does exactly what it claims when actually being used, however there is one massive design flaw which the manufacturer does not tell you about: incredibly poor battery life. I know this as I am now on my third toothbrush - my last for sure. It takes around 14 hours to charge fully and after one year of brushing only 2 minutes per day (I use a manual at other times), the battery life is down to about 3 days. So I am getting just over 6 minutes' usage in exchange for a 14 hour charge ?!? I have an electric razor which is now over 20 years old, which I use infrequently - I still get weeks and weeks usage on one charge. My advice: choose another brand.

Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze Medium Light Acoustic Set, .012 - .054
Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze Medium Light Acoustic Set, .012 - .054

3.0 out of 5 stars Good initially but dulls too soon !, 3 Sept. 2015
I bought these on the back of endorsements from some technically advanced players whom I admire. They are indeed bright to begin with, easy to play and stable with regard to tuning. However, in common with another reviewer, I have found that they start to sound a bit dull fairly quickly - this is based on having put them on two different guitars recently. I too am a bit disappointed by this.

Migrations
Migrations
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 27 July 2015
This review is from: Migrations (Audio CD)
Brilliant. Get it !

Gator G-PG-ACOUSTIC Pro-Go Series Gig Bag For Acoustic Guitars
Gator G-PG-ACOUSTIC Pro-Go Series Gig Bag For Acoustic Guitars

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but with some drawbacks, 27 July 2015
Happy with the number of pockets, the rigidity and the overall design/features. However, it weighs a tonne and is pretty massive, so it will make a light guitar seem heavy and a heavy guitar feel like a deadweight. I hope the outer material will be hardwearing, although I have noticed that a couple of light scrapes against walls (inevitable with a gig bag of this size) have already caused wear.

Men's Windbreaker Super Strong Folding Umbrella
Men's Windbreaker Super Strong Folding Umbrella
Offered by bagsandluggage Shop

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 27 July 2015
Started off well enough and genuinely seemed to have better wind resistance than most. However after only a few uses, the stem started bending out of shape and the canopy started to leak. Unimpressed - may have been unlucky with a rogue example.

ACOUSTIC GUITAR SOFT CASE FOR WESTERN DREADNOUGHT GIG BAG BY CNB
ACOUSTIC GUITAR SOFT CASE FOR WESTERN DREADNOUGHT GIG BAG BY CNB
Offered by Manns Music

3.0 out of 5 stars Was I unlucky ?, 6 Oct. 2014
Well designed with several useful compartments and detachable cards/money/keys type pocket. Looks robust, is fairly well padded and may be showerproof - but I doubt it is waterproof as claimed. However, mine started falling apart at the seams (literally) after only a few months' light and considerate use. I may have been unlucky, but caveat emptor as usual.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5