Profile for alexandrabest > Reviews

Content by alexandrabest

alexandrabest

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin, 25 Mar. 2014
A good value, perfectly functional charger. I'd recommend the product as there's no negatives to report at all. Does what it says on the tin.

Heavenly Bodies: Cult Treasures & Spectacular Saints from the Catacombs
Heavenly Bodies: Cult Treasures & Spectacular Saints from the Catacombs
by Paul Koudounaris

4.0 out of 5 stars Great images and a good buy, 25 Mar. 2014
Wonderful photography and clearly written. I have a masters in art history and know a fair bit about relics and saints - this didn't disappoint. Though not written for the academic it is an enjoyable and informative read and well worth purchasing.

The Cove [DVD] [2009]
The Cove [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Louie Psihoyos
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars A message everyone should see, 26 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Cove [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I very rarely review the products I buy but I feel compelled to do so for this documentary. Having missed the showing on TV last month I decided to buy the DVD and I'm pleased I did so. I've been able to show it to members of my family as I really think this is something that everyone should see. The footage is upsetting at times but it gives you the kind of unease which you feel is uncomfortable in an educational way and so its probably worth sitting through. And it really is. The documentary uncovers some horrible truths. Its well filmed but the overwhelming thing the film has going for it is the social message.