Profile for Kathy > Reviews

Qianle Women Hollow Bath Slippers Non Slip Bathroom Summer Sandals Green UK5
Qianle Women Hollow Bath Slippers Non Slip Bathroom Summer Sandals Green UK5
Offered by leqian

5.0 out of 5 stars good for purpose, 23 Aug. 2017
Required for use in the shower and are perfect for this.

Arm support, shoulder sling (BLACK) extra-deep ONE-SIZE, big enough for the largest arm, reduces for youngsters. LUXURIOUSLY soft-stretch, ultra-light airflow pocket contours the arm. Reversible L or R fit. Unisex.
Offered by Angel Med Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right., 2 Jun. 2017
Having broken my humerus just below the shoulder joint the hospital in France put me in a medieval instrument of torture - a thick, hot, too large , open elbow, arm sling plus body ,strapping and told me to keep it on 24/7 for four weeks. It was so uncomfortable, mainly because all the straps kept slipping so that I wasn't supported at all even though i was sleeping sitting up, that I ordered this one to be able to use when i got back home and it was delivered very promptly the day I arrived.
The fabric part itself is very comfortable and I am much happier with it than the first but I have had trouble with the strap. First it does not stay in position as in the photograph and my arm slips backwards meaning that the strap pushes against my neck at the front chafing it and half choking me meaning that I have to keep pulling it over and it wakes me when I fall asleep.
Another problem is the velcro fastening to shorten the strap. The velcro has very sharp rigid plastic edges which cut into my neck at the back. A friend has shaved these edges down as much as possible to try to make the velcro attach within the width of the underneath strap but because it joins at the full width of the upper strap it isn't completely possible although it is now much better. I still have to push a cloth between the strap and my neck to cushion it.
This problem could be eliminated if the underneath strap was wider allowing the full width of the velcro to attach to the padded part leaving a margin at either side or the velcro being narrower. It strikes me as a classic case of not testing properly before manufacturing. I'm just hoping that I won't have to use it for too long.

50 Ft Garden Hose Pipe Expandable Hose Pipe | Super Light Weight Expandable Hose Pipe | Natural Latex Triple Layer | 7 Setting Sprayer | Expanding Hose | Magic Hose Expands up to 15 metres / 50 ft (50 Ft hose)

4.0 out of 5 stars nearly perfect, 16 May 2017
I have only used this once so far and I liked it very much except for the fact that the connection to the tap leaks like crazy although I had fixed it properly. By the time I had watered a few pots it had filled a washing up bowl I had placed beneath the tap.

The towel I had placed to catch what I thought might be a few drops was soaked and if I wattered just before going away it would not have a chance to dry.

Prym Small Stitch Ripper Ergonomic
Prym Small Stitch Ripper Ergonomic

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful even. The extreme point of the top, 18 Feb. 2017
I bought this as an extra and in my opinion this is NOT an 'ergonomic' item. I find it most uncomfortable to use. Painful even. The extreme point of the top, which is docked on the end, hurts my palm in use and makes it very sore.
I can't use it in a 'pencil' grip and I found it very inconvenient to use without the top as it is so short.
I don't use it any more and if you also hold it in a 'knife' grip you might have the same problem. I have reverted to my usual one with a comfortable rounded end.

Halowave Oven (1400W) 10.5 Litre with Self-cleaning w/ Fat Drainer (White)
Halowave Oven (1400W) 10.5 Litre with Self-cleaning w/ Fat Drainer (White)
Offered by Lifestyle Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Far too soon for the timer to have stopped working., 2 July 2016
I'm pleased with the way this works but after not many uses - maybe about ten - the timer has stopped working. Not very happy as I live abroad and and am not back until later in the year.
However, I emailed the supplier and received a very quick response.

Hello Kitty: Dress Me Up: A Magnetic Kit
Hello Kitty: Dress Me Up: A Magnetic Kit
by Sanrio

5.0 out of 5 stars A great success., 2 July 2016
The little girl (4) I gave this to loves it.even after some weeks. She enjoys piling clothes on until there are too may layers for the magnets to work. She has to dress and undress Kitty every morning and evening apart from changes during the day. Her mum has had to factor in extra time for getting up time and going to bed time. A great success.

FAMILY AFFAIR (A Nero Wolfe Mystery Book 46)
FAMILY AFFAIR (A Nero Wolfe Mystery Book 46)

5.0 out of 5 stars Last offering of a master. Read the others first!, 5 Dec. 2015
I have all of the Nero Wolfe novels and novellas and I reread them every year or two. The reason I bought this one is that I can't find it on my bookshelves and suspect that a visitor has helped him/herself.
Rex Stout can do no wrong in my eyes. His writing is superb and he never talks down to the reader. His characters are subtely drawn and Archie Goodwin is a brilliant foil for Wolfe. Love every one of them.

The Egg and I
The Egg and I
by Betty MacDonald

2.0 out of 5 stars deceived by reviews and blurb, 5 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Egg and I (Paperback)
I was very disappointed in this book having been misled by reviews, ('hilarious!', 'better than 'A Hovel in the Hills'), and the blurb on the book cover. ('riot of a book', 'putting a broad grin on every face and keeping it there', 'still make readers laugh').all very overstated in my opinion and it did not make me laugh. Maybe it was the comparison with 'The Hovel in the Hills' which I read immediately before this one and enjoyed much more. and that one DID make me laugh.

Silver Rain
Silver Rain

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my usual kind of book...., 16 April 2015
This review is from: Silver Rain (Kindle Edition)
but I read it. I found that the spelling and grammatical errors grated and wonder why no-one seems to proof read some of these books.
I don.'t know if I will read another by this author but I may try another.

The Mangle Street Murders (The Gower Street Detective Series Book 1)
The Mangle Street Murders (The Gower Street Detective Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 14 April 2015
I enjoyed this book right to the end but then I felt that the ending seemed rather rushed. It felt as though the author suddenly realised that a deadline was looming.
However, I like the characters, though I got a bit fed up with Grice's glass eye.
The writing is refreshingly different and I will read more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5