Profile for Duncan > Reviews

Duncan

Golf Half Set Bag of 6†Racket Bullet Red And Black
Golf Half Set Bag of 6†Racket Bullet Red And Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, well built and very lightweight, 20 July 2016
Perfect for walking some clubs around the course.

4" Portable Retro USB Fan - BLACK - Light-Weight Portable Desk Fan (4 inch)
4" Portable Retro USB Fan - BLACK - Light-Weight Portable Desk Fan (4 inch)
Offered by G-Hub

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if it wasn't for the noise, 20 July 2016
This could be a fault with my one but it would be good value if it didn't screech on my desk disturbing me and my co-workers.

I think the fan that they've put into this is so cheap it's about to fall apart, shame as blew enough air to keep me cool, just keeps randomly making noise.

Asus MB169B Plus 15.6-Inch IPS Monitor (USB Powered, 1080p)
Asus MB169B Plus 15.6-Inch IPS Monitor (USB Powered, 1080p)

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy if you travel or just want a very slimline LCD, 2 May 2016
As someone who travels quite a lot and loves working with two monitors this is a perfect fit. It fits in my backpack with my macbook and when I go to coworking spaces I can usually get a box or boots to set it up so that I have it above the mac's monitor.

Pros:
- Super light and portable
- You can hook up more than one
- Good resolution

Cons:
- Very slight delay so may not be ideal for gaming but good for most other use
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2016 11:00 AM BST

Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset - Black
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset - Black
Offered by Electronics and Gadgets Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Price vs Value vs Quality = Big Winner, 9 July 2013
As a lover of music and podcasts having a pair of headphones that deliver crisp audio while cutting out background noise is pretty important to me. I spend quite a lot of time on pubic transport and generally moving around so also tend to lose a pair every 3-6 months.

Comfort:
Very comfortable: I can see myself happy for extended durations

Audio quality:
They offer a solid high and mid-range sound with crisp features.
The bass is pretty solid, having tested on my mac and iPhone, it could be better but at the relatively low price point it's decent.
On noise isolation they're pretty standard for in-ear's

Cheaper option:
I've been buying Sony MDR-EX50LP's for a long time as they're pretty cheap but these beat them all round in audio quality

More expensive:
From what I can read my next step up is probably a £150 investment in some Shure 315's or higher, although as I lose these things so often I'm reluctant right now :-)

Conclusion:
For the money these are on the ball. You're not going to get the quality of a pair of £150 headphones but they're a great upgrade, it feels that they'll last and the added bonus of having a microphone so I can use it for calls and audio is awesome.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 5:52 PM BST

Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black (Retail Packaging)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 14 Jun. 2011
There is no doubt that this is a very good RF/2.4GHz mouse. It's accurate, responsive and looks pretty decent.

It's not amazing because:
-The RF reciever is not 'tiny' 1cm x 1cm which sticks out enough that it needs to be removed everytime you put your laptop into a bag otherwise it would be broken
-Feels a little under engineered on the strength side

Other than that good..