Profile for Duncan > Reviews

Duncan

Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Price vs Value vs Quality = Big Winner, 9 July 2013
As a lover of music and podcasts having a pair of headphones that deliver crisp audio while cutting out background noise is pretty important to me. I spend quite a lot of time on pubic transport and generally moving around so also tend to lose a pair every 3-6 months.

Comfort:
Very comfortable: I can see myself happy for extended durations

Audio quality:
They offer a solid high and mid-range sound with crisp features.
The bass is pretty solid, having tested on my mac and iPhone, it could be better but at the relatively low price point it's decent.
On noise isolation they're pretty standard for in-ear's

Cheaper option:
I've been buying Sony MDR-EX50LP's for a long time as they're pretty cheap but these beat them all round in audio quality

More expensive:
From what I can read my next step up is probably a £150 investment in some Shure 315's or higher, although as I lose these things so often I'm reluctant right now :-)

Conclusion:
For the money these are on the ball. You're not going to get the quality of a pair of £150 headphones but they're a great upgrade, it feels that they'll last and the added bonus of having a microphone so I can use it for calls and audio is awesome.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2013 5:52 PM BST

Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black  (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Arc Mouse - Black (Retail Packaging)
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 14 Jun. 2011
There is no doubt that this is a very good RF/2.4GHz mouse. It's accurate, responsive and looks pretty decent.

It's not amazing because:
-The RF reciever is not 'tiny' 1cm x 1cm which sticks out enough that it needs to be removed everytime you put your laptop into a bag otherwise it would be broken
-Feels a little under engineered on the strength side

Other than that good..