Profile for CrimeKing > Reviews

Content by CrimeKing

CrimeKing

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Well of the Winds: A D.C.I. Daley Thriller (The D.C.I. Daley Series Book 5)
Well of the Winds: A D.C.I. Daley Thriller (The D.C.I. Daley Series Book 5)
by Denzil Meyrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely evocative crime novel, 1 May 2017
Nicely evocative crime novel, with a fascinating story told over two time strands. Daley is an engaging, if flawed, protagonist ably backed by a nicely drawn cast of supporting characters who can each easily step up and have their own moment.

Main Theme (From "The Taking of Pelham 123")
Main Theme (From "The Taking of Pelham 123")

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 May 2017
Have wanted the theme to this seminal 70s thriller for years. Pulsating stuff.

Ed's Dead
Ed's Dead
by Russel D. McLean

5.0 out of 5 stars No fat, no filler, no fuss., 1 May 2017
This review is from: Ed's Dead (Paperback)
This is no messing crime fiction at its best. No fat, no filler, no fuss. It moves fast and it talks fast and in Jen we have a character to root for, even when she's doing - em - questionable things.

Murderabilia: Everyone has a hobby. Some people collect death.
Murderabilia: Everyone has a hobby. Some people collect death.
by Craig Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars is their best yet (but then, 6 April 2017
Narey and Winter are back in an engrossing page turner that, for me, is their best yet (but then, I haven't read them all). The plot is interesting while chilling, the writing crisp and pacey. I bought a copy at the launch but, mea culpa, it's taken my some time to post a review.

In The Heat Of The Night [Blu-ray]
In The Heat Of The Night [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sidney Poitier

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily one of the best films ever made, 6 April 2017
Easily one of the best films ever made. A crime drama that has social resonance. Everyone is perfectly cast, right down to the smallest parts. Did Norman Jewison even make a bad film? I don't think so.

The Good Wife - Season 1-6 [DVD]
The Good Wife - Season 1-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julianna Margulies
Offered by RUGELEY GAMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series. I wasn't too sure about it when ..., 6 April 2017
Great series. I wasn't too sure about it when it started but it drew me in and was really saddened when it ended. Now I can watch it whenever I want! Just need to get the seventh season to complete the run.

Kelly's Heroes/Where Eagles Dare Double Pack [Blu-ray] [1970] [Region Free]
Kelly's Heroes/Where Eagles Dare Double Pack [Blu-ray] [1970] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Two great films - if pressed I'd say 'Where Eagles Dare' ..., 6 April 2017
Two great films - if pressed I'd say 'Where Eagles Dare' is the better. Drops a star because there were no extras to speak of and the prints were not remastered. However, small quibbles. Films to watch again and again.

Farewell, My Lovely
Farewell, My Lovely

5.0 out of 5 stars This may not be the original score but it's an excellent cover., 6 April 2017
This review is from: Farewell, My Lovely (MP3 Download)
I'd been looking for this for many, many years. I failed to buy the album when the film was out (even though I saw it in the cut price section in Boots one day. Sucker). This may not be the original score but it's an excellent cover.

World Gone By
World Gone By
by Dennis Lehane

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps not quite as wonderful as his Kenzie and Gennaro novels, 6 April 2017
This review is from: World Gone By (Paperback)
Another fabulous read from Lehane. It's taken me a while to catch up with it - so many books, so little time - but it was worth it. Perhaps not quite as wonderful as his Kenzie and Gennaro novels, or the first in this series 'The Given Day', but excellent nonetheless.

Deep Down Dead (Lori Anderson)
Deep Down Dead (Lori Anderson)
by Steph Broadribb

5.0 out of 5 stars Assured, 6 April 2017
An assured debut. Fast of pace, smart of mouth, bruising of action. Looking forward to more in this series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8