Profile for Mr. C. W. Cormack > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. W. Cormack

Mr. C. W. Cormack "Craigyc" (Bromley, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Knog Blinder Road or MTB Bike Front and Rear Lights - Twin Set
Knog Blinder Road or MTB Bike Front and Rear Lights - Twin Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lighting solution, 14 Mar. 2016
Rear light is great. Nice and bright and a good range of modes. I like the Eco mode as it lasts for ages and is arguably as noticeable as the higher energy modes.

Front light is good too. Sufficient for night riding but I think I would pair it with a higher lumen constant light with the knog on flashing mode. This is because it's simply not powerful enough to light up the road when no street lights around. I do keep these lights on in the day time as well for additional visibility. Build quality seems great. Nice metal casings on both lights.

Attachments are very easy to use and the fact that they are rechargeable is a huge bonus!

All in all I am pleased

[on sale] Cycling Gloves Gloves, Ipekoo Unisex Winter Gloves With Touch Screen Function for skiing hiking cycling driving (Black, Medium)
Offered by Ipekoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 14 Mar. 2016
Great gloves for the money! I got the medium size and it's a tight fit which is what I wanted for cycling, maintaining easy operation of gears and GPS. Touch screen finger and thumb also work great. Taken a few rides in temperatures just over freezing and gloves keep the wind out. Great buy considering the price of branded cycling gloves around.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite gadget!, 25 Jan. 2014
I previously had the £69 basic kindle which lasted about 2 years before the battery would no longer hold its charge. This was unfortunate and I never thought I would need the additional features of the touch/paperwhite.

So when I went to get a new Kindle I decided to go for the new paperwhite, mainly for the in-built light. Am I glad I did! The light is just genius and I find myself using it on most occasions not just in a dark room as it keeps the display evenly lit.

I also love the X-ray feature and find that it actually influences which version of a book I buy so that it has this feature. For example I am reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy at the moment and it is coming in very handy for the many characters and place name references.

My only small disappointment is with the time to read feature. This could be very useful as I commute daily and read at lunch etc so knowing how long I have left on a chapter is a nice bonus. However I find that it is not very accurate. It's estimates are far less time than it actually takes to read the chapter.

There is a way to reset the reading timer and re-learn your reading speed which sorts this out but I find that within a day or 2 it starts to become wrong again.

To reset just search within the book you are reading for ;ReadingTimeReset
No results will come up but it will show that it is relearning your reading speed.

Also I would like to see some integration with goodreads like the American version or some kind of kindle social network to update reading progress and add friends etc. I think this would be a great feature!

All in all a great product and I use it every day for at least a few hours!

Invision® New iPad 4 (with Retina Display) & iPad 3 Case Cover in Black- Front & Back Protection Smart Cover With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function - Full Grade Leather (PU) with Smooth Satin Inner Cloth - Premium Quality with Superior Design Features - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine. (Black iPad 3 & 4 Case)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 Dec. 2012
Can not believe this case cost just £15! It really is great, fits perfectly, great build quality and great looking. You can not really go wrong with it! I didn't really want a folio design because you have to slide it in and have leather covering the bezel etc but with this the ipad retains its sleek design with nothing covering the front aspect when open.

I am using 4th gen ipad with it but it also fits an older ipad 2 just as well. So glad I ordered this over a branded case that cost £40!!

Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)
Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great so far.., 22 Sept. 2012
Have had this game since release and am enjoying it quite a bit. I have previously played World of Warcraft till the lich king expansion.

I feel that GW2 approaches the mmorpg genre from an altogether more casual angle. I feel no pressure to log on for silly amount of hours a day and grind away killing enemies in order to level and get amazing gear.

I am still a low level (24) so have not seen much more of the game than the starting areas but overall I can see this game being great. The customised story lines for each race/profession also differentiate it from WoW.

Kinsman Wooden A-Frame Electric Guitar Stand
Kinsman Wooden A-Frame Electric Guitar Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stand!, 22 Sept. 2012
Bought this as I needed a floor stand for my new electric guitar (Epiphone LP Standard) Looks great, folds up nicely when not in use and very sturdy. Also all areas that touch the guitar are padded so no nasty scratches!

The only thing to be careful about is that the front two pegs/feet that hold the guitar come up quite high. On my Epiphone LP they come very close to the tone/volume knobs. They do not actually touch them so no pressure is put on them but it may not be the same for other guitar makes/models.

Overall great and just what I needed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, 20 April 2012
Needed a case for my new Kindle as it is quite fragile but did not want a case that stays on (folio style) as I like the weight of the kindle without one which means I can hold it for hours without any fatigue. So a sleeve was the option I went for.

This sleeve looks very classy with a reddish brown leather like exterior and a tartan interior. It fits the Kindle very nicely, not too snug as to feel tight but just enough to make it secure. A button down clasp is used to both ensure it does not fall out and also can be pulled to raise the kindle out of the case slightly to make it easier to remove.

Recommended!

Confederation (In Her Name, Book 5)
Confederation (In Her Name, Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in the series, 20 April 2012
As others have written in their reviews this is not on the same level as the first book (Empire) However it is still a very good read. Having been based almost entirely within the Kreelan empire in the first book, this focusses on the story of the confederation. Great storytelling and ends on a cliff hanger which has left me eager to start the final book in this trilogy..... then to start the next!

Recommended!

Empire (In Her Name Book 4)
Empire (In Her Name Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 20 April 2012
Get this book...

Having bought this on an off chance while browsing the Kindle store because of the decent reviews and it being free.. it has quickly turned in to one of my favourite series of books recently read!

I read this in a single sitting as I just couldn't bring myself to put it down.

For any fan of Sci-fi/fantasy this is a no brainer and I recommend this whole heartedly.

Acase Capacitive Stylus Pen For iPad Galaxy Tab HTC And All Capacitive Screens
Acase Capacitive Stylus Pen For iPad Galaxy Tab HTC And All Capacitive Screens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stylus, 20 Sept. 2011
Having just got an iPad 2 and being at university I decided that I would like to use it for some note taking on occassion and reading journals articles etc.

The pen is quite short but this seems to be the style with most. It glides across the screen easily and works especially well with the app 'Noteshelf' on the app store. This is because you can zoom in to the lines of the page and makes it much more likely to achieve a decent level of handwriting legibility than writing on the small lines of the page itself.

The writing end is quite soft and fat so can make it hard to see where you are writing but like I said as long as the note taking app has a zoom function then it should work fine.

The clip to go in the headphone port is brilliant as the iPad lacks any loops to put the lanyard.

All in all a decent purchase at a low price!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3