Profile for pc monkfish > Reviews

Content by pc monkfish

pc monkfish

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Xbox One)
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (Xbox One)
Offered by games-wizard

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 24 May 2015
Great piece of Wolfenstein!

Bought it on Digital cos I couldn't wait for the physical release! Looks fantastic and smooth framerate leading to satisfying old achool shooting.

Is actually quite tough ( I found it so anyway) so I would reccomend a second playthrough once you have finished it for a more fluid experience - first playthrough you can be left wondering where your next objective is . I perhaps did not use my map often enough so maybe my fault!

if you haven't played New Order this is a great intro and would reccomend the full game ( you can normally pick it up about 20 quid)
Some of my achievements seem to have glitched and not registered but this just encourages a new playthrough in the future.

Fire TV Stick
Fire TV Stick

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my 5 year old TV a smart TV, 16 April 2015
This review is from: Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Great product.

Stylishly packaged and extremely easy to set up. Nae bother connecting to my WiFi and good quality streaming!

Would reccomend the various Apps that can be used on your tablet or phone - saves clicking on the remote.
Nice touch that it comes already registered with your Amazon account.

Xbox One White Console with Sunset Overdrive
Xbox One White Console with Sunset Overdrive
Offered by Rush Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Bundle, 2 Nov. 2014
Had the weekend with this and I love it. The White console and controller look lovely and make a nice contrast with every other black gadget under my TV.

When first plugging in you will have an update of approx 500 MB. I like the dashboard interface and ability to 'snap' to apps and achievements and many others. The first 'culture shock' was the ability to multitask on the console - gone are the days when you need to exit your game to do something else and then have a lengthy start up of the game.I've noticed as well that if you switch off the console and start it up again you begin at the same point in the game.

I like the game recording aspect as well - the console even automatically records gameplay at certain game play points eg My first death in Alien Isolation by the alien and < spoiler> which is a nice touch....

The console is quiet ( but I generally play with headphones anyway)

Sunset Overdrive looks fun and manic but I think I will put some time into Alien and Shadows of Mordor first of all....

If you have a tablet/smartphone I would recommend downloading Smartglass - it has great integration with the console - allowing you to input codes , look at activity feeds etc even when the console is off.

PS4 or Xbox One

No one can deny that the Xbone launch was a disaster which boosted the PS4 sales and it is well known the PS4 is a more 'powerful' console - giving higher resolutions on some third party titles - but I would not base your purchase on that.

I think the Xbone looks fantastic, I have always preffered the Xbox UI ( PS3 is now boxed away) and I think you would only notice any difference in a side by side test ( which you are never going to do ). Microsoft have been doing monthly updates to the dashboard as well and as developers get more familiar with the console these differences should iron themselves out....

Make your decison on which one your friends have or which one has the games you want to play - for me Sunset Overdrive was an attractive bundle and I look forward to playing Quantum Break in the future - and I already had the Gold subscription with my 360 saving me 40 quid.

With the games out now and in the future ( can't wait for Far Cry 4 ) I think now the case is compelling for an upgrade to next gen!

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Level99Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo does it again!, 23 Feb. 2014
This game is fantastic! Visuals are lush and the soundtrack is infectious. Just played the first island and moved onto the second. There is a great deal of replayability trying to find all the hidden areas/ items and the love/quality shines through - such great polish to this game......

It can be tricky - but there is a great deal of satisfaction when you manage it! Gameplay can be addictive( played the first minecart level for bout 30 minutes - such fun)

Why people are buying a PS4 or Xbone when there is a dearth of must have games on the consoles and the Wii U has built up a quality library of games beggars belief!

BUY IT NOW!

Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by The Game Collection -

5.0 out of 5 stars What a game!, 4 Dec. 2013
Game is fantastic. The level of creativity on display here is awe inspiring and Nintendo should be applauded.

Every level has something that will bring a smile to your face. Looks great in HD!

Onto World 3 so taking it slowly. My only worry is when it comes to an end!

Nintendo Wii U 32GB New Super Mario Bros and New Super Luigi Bros Premium Pack - Black (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic console!, 28 Nov. 2013
Bought this as i wanted to join in on the new console buzz but did not want to buy a One or Ps4 till they have a decent library of games( probably buy a Xbone when the time is right).

Wii U is a lovely looking console and incredibly easy to set up. The second screen is a nice touch but I will probably use the pro controller as it is very similar to the Xbox controller.
Bought Zombie U , Zelda and looking forward to 3D world arriving soon....

Love the Miiverse integration into games where you beat levels ( or get beaten by levels ) on Mario Bros and can leave comments. Comments also pop up from other players.

Playing Mario in HD pleased this aging gamer!

Look forward to a long gaming relationship with my new console!

Breaking Bad - Season 5* [DVD + UV Copy]
Breaking Bad - Season 5* [DVD + UV Copy]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as Described!, 27 May 2013
Had this pre-ordered since February after gorging myself on the 1-4 boxset.....Was expecting to be able to see the conclusion of this fine series in June. However now I discover its only half of the season....It should be described as such!

Pre-order cancelled!

Atomic Accessories Ethernet Network Cable (Xbox 360)
Atomic Accessories Ethernet Network Cable (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 3 Sept. 2011
Certainly not deserving a one star review so thought I would write a counter.must be about a metre long does the job nicely, good price and quick delivery even with a bank holiday.