Profile for M. N. Pearson > Reviews

M. N. Pearson

The Raid [Blu-ray]
The Raid [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais

5.0 out of 5 stars Has to be my favourite action martial arts movie ever, 26 May 2014
This review is from: The Raid [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If you enjoy martial arts movies, or action movies then you 100% have to view this movie. I watched it in the cinema originally and scene after scene the audience were mixed with grimaces and smiles as the brutally realistic fight scenes take place (of which there are many). Although they have guns they are quickly disregarded for more hands on (or machete's) combat in the tight confines of hallways and rooms within a tower block filled with a few police and many enemies.

If you want a movie with action, interesting characters, brutal fight scenes, and a solid enough story then grab it as soon as possible.

Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium
Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium

5.0 out of 5 stars Rage Against the Machine at there best, 26 May 2014
I purchased this album a few weeks ago purely as I hadn't listened to there albums for a while and thought it would be a good idea! As soon as the first riff's kick in I was reminded of how awesome there Riffs and songs in general are. I would recommend anyone looking for some new music who loves heavy and funky riffs to pick this up.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC DVD)
Offered by Elaine's Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Had some minor problems after installation but this is a GAME review, 26 May 2014
Playing on AMD 3.4ghz Quad, 8GB DDR3 Corsair, Sapphire 7870 2gb, Windows 8.1 64bit.

I must agree with the installation being annoying as my connection speed is very slow (it took 19 hours to install the game from putting Disc one in the drive). After installation I immediately plugged in the HDMI to my 42" Sony TV and plugged in my pad only to be greeted with a black screen, my first idea was to check my graphics drivers were up to date which they weren't, I installed latest drivers and the game now works 100% with no issues (cannot blame the game company for me not having up to date drivers so this cannot affect the review).

The game itself is nicely paced with the cut scenes adding many story aspects and setting the scene for many interesting scenario's, like trying to get to a grounded planes AA gun to try and take out a robotic beast who is killing everyone on a beachhead (which is a welcome change from call of duty's slow motion fall out of a window and a few explosions). A majority of the combat involves trying to take out a Nazi commander (who can call in reinforcements) silently before pulling out your bigger weapons to massacre the rest of the Nazi troops in the area. This adds a bit more dimension to the combat, without necessarily forcing you to stick to the concept (you can just go in guns blazing and fight them head on if you wish!).

I wont say too much more about the story but it starts in 1946 and eventually leads into the 1960's with advancements in weaponry and the environment (and who owns the world). I am around 3 hours into the game and have been highly enjoying it, the graphics are brilliant although the gameplay sometimes feels like the frame rates are being affected (played on fully maxed and everything on low, still had same issue) but it doesn't affect the playability in any way.

I would recommend picking the game up on the PC to avoid paying the premium £40 + price tag associated with console games as I can't see it having much replay value (no multiplayer) but its definitely worth a go (as long as your PC can handle it!)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2014 4:07 PM BST

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars A Prime example of why ps3 loses out to xbox 360., 17 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this game yesterday and put the disc into the console this morning, i am on a fairly slow broadband connection (average around 150kb/sec download) and let the update begin as i went to the gym. After 5 hours the download of the update is at 38% due to 10 seperate updates (the initial being 900mb and the one currently on my screen being 390mb) being required before you can even get to the point where you install a massive 10gb game file? The xbox 360 is a games console where you purchase a game, put it in your console and play it? The ps3 has currently had me waiting 5 hours (looking like it could be at least double that time again) to even start to think about playing the game? There is obviously some reason for this pointlessly large download and install however as a game in development for so long (and a racing game at that?) surely they hadn't made 6gb worth of errors when they released it? The Xbox360 wins yet again another battle.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2013 10:23 AM GMT

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Single player is brilliant, Multiplayer is a massive letdown, 15 Nov. 2009
Being a call of duty fan since the original, and playing every one of them through on the hardest difficulty on single player, and also for months on end online, i was expecting this game to be a similar experience. The single player was good (and i chose to play it through on hardened on my first run, based on having finished the previous two on Veteran so didn't want to walk straight through it), and i will probably come back to it for a re-run on veteran should i feel i want the extensive achivement's you get. However the multiplayer is a massive letdown for me, as i am a player who likes to do the objectives, and work my way round the map trying to get the flag/hq's, but i find myself being the victim of someone laid in a corner with the sniper rifle (which seems to have a new auto aim feature), or the victim of someone with the 'unlimited sprint, ultra melee distance, cannot die from falling off the top of a building' perks falling out of a window and half way down flying over to me and knifing me, then sprinting off at mega speed and sitting in a corner with a rifle pointing at the HQ (without capturing it) hoping to get another superman like kill or hoping a enemy appears in there 'auto lock on' scope (sort of removes the realism). I know for a fact it isn't me being a bad player, as i was a high prestige with almost double kills to losses on the previous two call of duties (MW and WaW), however now i find myself wanting to trade the game in and resort back to WaW, big failure from Infinity Ward in my opinion. Oh and one final thing, about 80% of the time only half of my live party will get into a game, the rest will recieve 'game lobby closed' meaning i have to quit from the game gaining a loss to my name, to try again.

Skydivin'
Skydivin'
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD is awesome, 26 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Skydivin' (Audio CD)
This cd hasn't been out of my car's stereo since i bought it, the hardcore disc is especially good.. would reccomend it to anyone