Profile for Philip Cutler > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kraft Catalina Dressing 8 Fl Oz
Kraft Catalina Dressing 8 Fl Oz

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THE DRESSING, HATE THE PRICE, 30 Aug. 2016
5 stars because Catalina is my all-time favourite salad dressing. I've never understood why we can't get it in the UK, but come to think of it, all ''jraft dressings seem to have vanished off the shelves. Does anyone know why?
Anyway, back to Catalina...£34.68 or something like that...for a small size bottle????? They're having a laugh!!

Edward Burne Jones: 185 Master Drawings
Edward Burne Jones: 185 Master Drawings

4.0 out of 5 stars LIGHTNESS OF TOUCH, 10 April 2016
Super book showing his prowess in draughtsmanship. One slight problem. The captions and the pictures are not aligned correctly. This may be a publishing error or god forbid, a computer error.

Bluestone 42 - Series 2 [DVD]
Bluestone 42 - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelly Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Danger and fun combined makes for compulsive viewing, 24 Feb. 2015
Fabulous series. Although I've never been in the army myself, The humour/banter/mickey taking rings true and this has been verified by numerous reviewers who have served in the military. I'm just annoyed that the series 2 dvd doesn't appear to include the Christmas special which introduces the character of Tower Block...a great performance by Matthew Lewis (aka Neville Longbottom in the Harry Potter films). This is surely short-sighted by the BBC?
Superbly drawn and acted characters in this series. I can't think of one weak link. Although I've seen all of series 2 on television, I'm definitely going to pre-order it! I can't wait for series 3. If you've never watched this, give it a go. It may take a little while to get into, but once you have, I can guarantee it will become addictive viewing. It's the fastest 25 minutes per episode, that I've watched in a very long time.

Ripper Street - Series 2 [DVD]
Ripper Street - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Macfadyen

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't just sit there!, 3 Jan. 2014
I agree with the positive comments on this programme. If you feel that way, do as I have and write to the BBC to complain. It can make a difference. They had plans to axe Radio 6, but had to back down after public support for the station. We are fee payers to the BBC and as such they should listen to comments by us. I'm heartily tired of "celebrity" programmes, reality dross, repeats, repeats and repeats. Ripper Street has been a well acted, researched and presented series. It is the type of programming the BBC used to be proud of!

Someone to Watch Over Me (Sarah Vaughan Sings George Gershwin - Volume 1 - 1957)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Divine Sarah Vaughan, 15 April 2013
What can I say that hasn't been said a million times before? A superb song and a superb singer. a timeless classic

South African Sons
South African Sons
by Herb Klein

5.0 out of 5 stars Hern Klein bares their souls., 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: South African Sons (Hardcover)
A beautiful collection of male nude photography by Herb Klein. The effect he achieves with his lighting is truly wonderful. I never tire of dipping in and out of this collection. Recommended toanyone who is interested in the naked male form.

Ma Mere [2005] [DVD]
Ma Mere [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Isabelle Huppert
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

1.0 out of 5 stars WTF, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ma Mere [2005] [DVD] (DVD)
I have not awarded this film one star on any moral grounds. I can see that some people might find this morally offensive, which I guess it is, but I wasn't overly perturbed about that. I knew that was part of the story and I accepted it. If you are offended or upset by that stuff, don't buy it.
Actually, given the opportunity, I would have awarded this 0 stars, simply because I found the film pointless, directionless and shallow. I was tempted to turn the film off and watch something else, but I kept thinking that something might happen which would clarify events. For me, it never did. It wasn't even helped by a physically attractive cast. Sometimes when one watches one of these 'pointless' films, there is someone who is pleasing to the eye and that makes it easier to watch. There is a fair amount of nudity throughout the film, but I'd have been just as happy if they had kept on their clothes!
The 'plot' if it has one (SPOILER ALERT); Teenage son appears to have the usual angst with his father, whom he considers to be morally corrupt, which we are told, he is. However, mother is actually no better and indulges in various sexual activities with some female acquaintances on the island of Gran Canaria. Father goes back to France then dies in accident, son doesn't care. Son becomes obsessed with mother. She introduces him to her life style. It goes too far? Son doesn't have any control over any of the situations and seems to masturbate quite a lot. Mother goes away with one of her female lovers, son is taken under the wing of another of mother's lovers? They indulge in SM with a teenage friend. Mother returns. Son cuts her abdomen with a craft knife (not sure why)then sits on top of her and masturbates. Mother stabs herself with the craft knife and dies. Son goes to the mortuary where his mother has been prepared for him to view. Male nurse lets him into room then exits. Son is distressed and then masturbates (the way you do when you've just viewed your dead mother). Male nurses rushes into room and tries to stop him masturbating. THE END. I've probably made it sound more exciting than it actually is.
My view? DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS!

Remedy [DVD]
Remedy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Arthur J Nascerella

1.0 out of 5 stars It need a damned good remedy to improve this., 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Remedy [DVD] (DVD)
I rarely write reviews, but had to comment on this. I simply couldn't find anything to recommend it. The acting is poor to terrible and the script could have been written by an 11 year old (apologies to all of you 11 year olds out there, you'd probably do a better job). Even though I didn't pay full price for this, I still begrudge the amount I payed for a used copy. I rate Christian Maelen as an actor, but even he couldn't do anything to lift this pointless piece of rubbish!

Jan And Dean: In Concert [DVD]
Jan And Dean: In Concert [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jan & Dean
Offered by Disc-Connected

2.0 out of 5 stars The Terror of Colorado Boulevard, 22 July 2011
All I can say is that if you've loved Jan and Dean since the early days of Surf City and remember them as they appear on the cover of this dvd...don't watch it! Whilst I admire Jan for working through his terrible crash, I found this very sad to watch...well, almost uncomfortable in some respects. I'd prefer to remember them as a crazy duo, writing catchy pop songs about Little Old Ladies and Honolulu Lulu riding the wild surf. In my opinion, this dvd is 'One Last Ride' which is perhaps better not watched. The conflict here is that the progress Jan made is admirable and at the same time uneasy to watch.

Wide Awake
Wide Awake
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars OVER-PRODUCED COWELL, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Wide Awake (Audio CD)
Well, firstly, I believe Joe has a superb voice. He CAN sing and has a lot of talent. However,in my opinion, this album doesn't do his voice or his talent justice. It's a typical Simon Cowell, over-produced, electronic, X-Factor, record. We know that Joe isn't a singer/songwriter..so what? There are hundreds of singers out there who don't write their own stuff. This being the case, why weren't better songs chosen for this debut album? Joe, you are worth much better than this album.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2012 12:28 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2