Profile for Guv > Reviews

Content by Guv

Guv (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows - QWERTY, UK Layout, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars A useless piece of junk that worked only when it wanted ..., 21 Nov. 2015
Just put the keyboard in the bin. A useless piece of junk that worked only when it wanted to. The mouse has been fine, but the keyboard was never much good. Avoid.

QUAD CORE PC 9.32GHZ 1TB 1000GB 16GB RAM DESKTOP TOWER WINDOWS 7 64-BIT 1YR WRTY

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off, 5 Nov. 2015
Don't waste your money on this supposedly "powerful" white elephant. What you would be paying for is more RAM than this underpowered waste of space will ever need, pre-intalled stuff like VLC media player you can download for free and install yourself in two minutes, and the likes of Open Office which you can also get free or for next to nothing. Alarm bells should have rung when I read the likes of the above being trumpeted as if you were getting a real bargain, along with the wild and false claim that the installed software was worth £1,000. Do me a favour. So, I wasted £250 on a computer that has next to no video RAM but uselessly vast quantities of RAM. Brilliant. I feel completely ripped off. In fact, this PC is now gathering dust in the bedroom and I'm having to use use a computer I've had for years because it is so much better.

The only thing this vastly overpriced computer is capable of is browsing the Web, watching videos and doing some simple work such as that provided by Open Office - stuff like letter writing or spreadsheets. You can do all the above on a machine that will cost you £50 or less. There is no reason to spend £250.

When I complained to the seller (Kelsus), he "helpfully" offered to sell me a video card to make this piece of garbage actually useful for £30 to £100 ("Just send me your Paypal details"). Err, no.

Avoid this waste of time and money and look elsewhere. It's a rip-off.

ASUS X555LA 15.6-Inch Notebook (Intel Core i3-4030U 1.9 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very smart laptop notebook that I've had a lot of enjoyment ..., 29 Aug. 2015
This is a very smart laptop notebook that I've had a lot of enjoyment out of in the short time I've had it. However, it isn't very powerful considering it's not exactly cheap, and the lack of built-in Bluetooth is baffling. I wasted time and money buying a Bluetooth keyboard I can't even use, and now I've had to shell out again for another wireless keyboard and will use a secind USB port up for another dongle having already used one for a mouse. Annoying, that. All in all, though, it is a quality product so I won't give it any less than four stars. But no built-in Bluetooth! Why oh why oh why!

TeckNet Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard For Apple iPhone,iPad Pro,iPad Air,iPad Mini,iPad 2/3/4,Galaxy Tab, Windows, and Other Bluetooth Enabled Device, Extra Long Battery Life, UK keyboard Layout and Whisper-Quiet Keyboard Design

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 28 Aug. 2015
Not worth one star. No dongle supplied so this is useless to me. Wasted two hours trying to locate the keyboard via Bluetooth devices in my notebook to no avail. The enclosed instructions barely even mention Windows. Will use the keyboard as a door stopper as it is useless for anything else. Total waste if time and money. I should have stuck with Logitech as this is half hearted, cheap and useless junk.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2015 11:37 AM BST

BBC Weather
BBC Weather

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than useless, 10 Aug. 2015
This review is from: BBC Weather (App)
A dishonest app that changes its predictions in line with the current weather. It rewrites history as if the original forecast for each day never really happened. Disgraceful.

BenQ GL2250HM LED TN Panel 21.5 inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, DVI, HDMI, Speakers, 12M:1, 2 ms GTG and 1000:1) - Glossy Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 9 Aug. 2015
An excellent monitor, especially for less than £100. Also, I ordered it Friday morning and it arrived 24 hours later. I've spent some time with the brightness and contrast as the default level is very bright, but I finally twigged that I should stick to tuning the brightness in the games rather than in the monitor settings. I'm using my unit to play PS4 and other consoles through due to the hassle involved in using my HDTV for multiple tasks. It's great having everything so close at hand now. Setting the monitor up for HDMI took about a minute via the menu buttons. Very simple. The speakers sound pretty good too. All in all, a nice monitor at a great price.

Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 - White - EFC-1G2NWECSTD
Samsung Flip Cover for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 - White - EFC-1G2NWECSTD
Offered by ProComponentes

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor attempt to make clear which version this is for, 6 Aug. 2015
It turns out that this was meant to be for some larger Galaxy Note 10.1 as it's no good at all for my version. Even the gaps in the shell for the ports are in the wrong places. On the plus side, it's a very basic looking plastic thing. Not very nice at all. So I think my Note 10.1 would be better off without such a cover if I'm to be objectve. A definite two out of five even if it did actually fit.

Forest
Forest

3.0 out of 5 stars Must be all the adverts, 13 July 2015
This review is from: Forest (App)
Great atmosphere but I've never had a game run so slowly on my Kindle. The publishers should get their priorities right and consider gamers.

CloudNine Neuropad2 Android Tablet - Now with Android 4.0.3 ICS - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Fully compatible with Facebook, Youtube player and Skype

2.0 out of 5 stars Short lifespan, 12 July 2015
I bought mine about three years ago and was happy with it for a few months as a first tablet. I then got a Kindle Fire HD which made this one obsolete in every way so it went in a drawer for about two years. I then decided to get it out again a few days ago as an alternative to my Kindle and Galaxy Tab S. Well, the battery won't stay charged and everything is now so utterly slow. I can read books and play simple games on it, but only if it is continually connected to the mains. So, not portable at all and almost useless for gaming

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice piece of gadgetry, 7 July 2015
Nice piece of gadgetry, but at the current price what exactly is the point? If I want old PC games I can pick them up for a couple of pounds (or more likely I already have them and played them years ago) and if I want Android games I have far less expensive options.

At this price you could have a PS4 or an Xbox One under my television with far better games plus Netflix and tons of other apps. I love Android games and vintage gaming but I wouldn't pay this muchvfor the privelage when I can play Titanfall or GTA V instead.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2015 5:26 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11