Profile for unforgivable74 > Reviews

Content by unforgivable74

unforgivable74

Page: 1 | 2
VicTsing Clip Supreme Fisheye Lens + 12X Macro + 24X Super Macro 3 in 1 Lens Kit for Apple iPhone SE 6 6S/ 6 Plus, Apple 5/5S/5C/4 HTC Sony LG (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by VICTECH

5.0 out of 5 stars If your expectations are realistic, you will be as thrilled as I am., 20 July 2016
I am EXTREMELY pleased with these lenses. I would advise anyone with expectations of these suddenly turning your iPhone into a pro DSLR camera to be realistic. They won't.

BUT for the price, they give extremely good quality results and certainly add another dimension to your iPhone. They are excellent value for money and for an iPhone lens, I would say these are on the higher end.

Excellent product - Excellent brand. Oooh, I better show you a couple of fun pics I took: A Bees Wing (Macro) My MacBook Pro (fisheye)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Rattle That Lock [VINYL]
Rattle That Lock [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps his best solo album., 22 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Rattle That Lock [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I'm glad David Gilmour is doing what he wants and not trying to flog a dead horse by attempting to be 'Floyd-ish'. I always saw Roger as the main driving force in Pink Floyd and possibly still do but I now realise how integral David Gilmour was to the creative process. I also like Polly's writing and think they make a great artistic team. The music is varied in styles but all high quality and Gilmour is one of the rare few artists who can still bring something of quality to the table, vocally, musically and creatively. A great album.

Love, Fear and The Time Machine
Love, Fear and The Time Machine

3.0 out of 5 stars Wasted potential. Disappointing., 22 Oct. 2015
A surprising disappointment. This was my first Riverside purchase and I simply bought it because it was being so heavily advertised on prog websites. The first track is awesome and I was ready for a game changing album.......and nothing. The rest of the album is BLAND and unremarkable. This is a shame because the first track shows that they have the potential for greatness but it's as if they just didn't bother. The musicianship, excellent vocals and harmonies are all there but the compositions just lack any interest and fail to grab. Maybe it will grow on me and it is worth the money just for the first track which is incredible. I'm sorry, Riverside, I REALLY wanted to love this album but, as yet, I just don't.

The Tall Ships
The Tall Ships

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sublime., 21 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Tall Ships (Audio CD)
Great album but is a little more pop than the album that follows it so, as much as I like it, some of it is a little 'tame' for my palette. On the whole great and elements of incredible (as you'd expect with John Mitchell steering the 'tall ship').

UPDATE: This is a day after my original review (above) and after listening to the album again, I feel as though I have been unfair. I've upped my score from 4 to 5. I still feel it is a little more poppier than 'Map of the Past' but it's still AWESOME. It seems like John Mitchell is prog's Midas. Everything he touches turns into something worthy of legendary status. Regardless of the pop, there's more than enough rock to compensate and even so, all the compositions are really strong and the performances from each musician are faultless. What was I thinking? It's incredible.

Map Of The Past (CD Included) [VINYL]
Map Of The Past (CD Included) [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 21 Oct. 2015
It Bites newbie introduced via 'Lonely Robot'. This album is incredible. You have to hear it to understand.

Spring
Spring

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many unrealistic reviews that I believe to be more based on hype / nostalgia than truth., 21 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Spring (Audio CD)
Nothing on here blows me away. I think all the high scoring reviews are over-optimistic and the guy who slates it is probably nearer the truth. The compositions are boring but are carried by the fantastic sounding mellotron. The vocals are on the verge of annoying, although, to be fair are not awful. The performances are quite good and I love the drums sound. Very raw 70s kit. On the whole, I bought this purely on the merits of the cover looking like one of the early 70's VERTIGO prog rock releases. It is actually on RCA's inferior VERTIGO spin-off and that is truly where it belongs. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd have heard it first. Apparently RCA didn't fund the 'difficult' second album. Personally, I had difficulty getting through this unremarkable debut.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2016 7:35 PM BST

Ellipse
Ellipse
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars For me, better than 'Sparks', 5 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ellipse (Audio CD)
My introduction to 'Immi' was 'Sparks' so I had to work backwards. I love 'Sparks' but, as a complete album, this is better. 'Earth' is just something else.

Black + Decker Dustbuster Filter to Fit NV1999N, NV2400N, NV3600N, NV3603N, NV4800FN and NV4803N

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say about a vacuum filter?, 5 Mar. 2015
It sucks. In the way it's supposed to.

Claudie (Live At Hordern Pavilion, Sydney, Australia / 1974)
Claudie (Live At Hordern Pavilion, Sydney, Australia / 1974)

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not a great recording, 5 Mar. 2015
It got 3 stars because I'm a Quo (FF) fan but I thought I'd buy a single track as I don't want to hear the same songs over and over again. The quality is, in my view, sub-standard and is testament of a time when the record industry is really scraping the bottom of the barrel to re-sell old albums. If it wasn't good enough for release then, it should be more so the case now. I'm glad I didn't buy the box set.

Selling England By The Pound
Selling England By The Pound

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs Up for High Quality audio., 5 Mar. 2015
I don't think I need to tell other Genesis fans what they already know but high quality sound is very noticeable and I'd like to hear more Genesis at this quality. I'm wondering if they used the ND remixed version because, although generally sounds AMAZING, Hackett's beautiful solo on '..Moonlit Knight' is not as prominent as on the original remasters (I think the fans will know the bit I mean). I'm not a big fan of the remixes.

Page: 1 | 2