Profile for Martin > Reviews

Content by Martin

Martin

Tech Armor High Definition Screen Protectors for HTC One M8 - Clear (Pack of 3)
Tech Armor High Definition Screen Protectors for HTC One M8 - Clear (Pack of 3)
Offered by Tech Armor UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but no alcohol free wipe to clean your screen, 3 Jun. 2014
Great quality screen protector and at a reasonable price. I was pleased to see there were three in the packet, although the first went on without any problems so I have two spare. Do watch the vids on their website, as they will help if you've not had the joy of fitting screen protectors before. It's all in the preparation. The only thing I was niggled about (hence the four, not five stars) was the lack of an alcohol free wipe in the packet - got the polishing cloth, got the plastic card thingmy, got the dust removal sticky tape - none of which are any good at all if you have no wipe to clean your screen properly in the first place. Fortunately, I rummaged around and was able to find one in a first aid kit, otherwise i would have been a little peeved. Otherwise great product and much higher quality than some I've used.

ZAGG invisibleSHIELD Maximum Coverage for HTC Desire
ZAGG invisibleSHIELD Maximum Coverage for HTC Desire

3.0 out of 5 stars hasn't quite lived up to expectations, 21 Sept. 2010
I bought this thinking it would be the ideal solution to protect my Desire. Having signed up for a 24 month contract, I didn't want to scratch the screen. Application is fine if you take your time - read the instructions, watch the online videos, take your time. Everything fits where it should and assuming you're patient and let it dry overnight, all those tiny bubbles go away like they ought... well mostly; I still have half a dozen and a few other tiny imperfections. But those I can live with - and it's certainly sleeker than putting the whole thing in a silicon case or somesuch. Minor niggles... the edges and finishing on the individual pieces aren't perfect - and some are decidedly rugged. The pieces have been pressed out from a single sheet of this material and some of them need a little more encouragement than others to get out, which results in less than perfect finishing (ok, so maybe I'm being picky here). However, my major complaint is that having had this on my phone for less than a month, I already have a small tear in the shield. The phone was in my pocket with a few other things - loose change, etc. I took it out and the shield was torn. So not quite as invincible as the marketing would have you believe. That said, it's the shield and not my Desire that's scratched and I'm guessing my screen would be a mess had i not put this screen in place. So it's good but not perfect.

The Alienist (Laszlo Kreizler & John Schuyler Moore)
The Alienist (Laszlo Kreizler & John Schuyler Moore)
by Caleb Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping stuff!, 28 April 2005
A corker of a book! Carr's obviously done his research here (and judging from 'the devil soldier' he's more than capable). The combination of history, history of forensics and forensic psychology, profiling, etc., all mixed together with a healthy dose of psycho/sociopath on the loose is gripping stuff. How much is factually accurate, I know not but I'm not going to argue the point. His characters are likeable and fun, albeit a rather eccentric bunch; his villian is villianous and his plots twist and turn like twisty turny things. I first borrowed and read this several years ago, then bought a copy for myself - I've now lent that to a friend and not seen it since so will be replacing mine again soon. It will be one that remains in my collection to be read again and again.