Profile for Maria T > Reviews

Content by Maria T

Maria T "book lover" (Wales, UK)

High School Salon
High School Salon

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!😍, 21 May 2016
This review is from: High School Salon (App)
Amazing game.

Family House
Family House

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 2 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Family House (App)
This game is so awesome 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Kitten Cat Simulator 3D
Kitten Cat Simulator 3D

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 29 July 2015
This review is from: Kitten Cat Simulator 3D (App)
I played. It was ok.😐😐

The Road Home
The Road Home
by Rose Tremain

4.0 out of 5 stars The Road Home, by Rose Tremain, 3 Sept. 2009
This review is from: The Road Home (Paperback)
My friend had recommended this book to me, claiming it to be 'a brilliant read'. However, although I found it to be not too bad a read, I didn't really rate it as highly as her. It was interesting, seeing life in this country from a foreigners perspective - I did think Rose Tremain wrote about that particularly well. I can't imagine having to leave my homeland for a better life. So in that aspect, it was interesting. I think we are all too ready to criticise 'immigrants' for coming to this country and sponging off the state - but in this case, he worked hard and earnt his way. I'm glad I read it, but it wouldn't make me want to read any other stuff by this author.

Unbeaten: The Story of My Brutal Childhood
Unbeaten: The Story of My Brutal Childhood
by Kim Woodburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing but un-put-downable, 12 May 2007
I'm a big fan of How Clean is Your House, so when I saw this, I wanted to find out more about the feisty blonde from the show. My goodness, what a read. She had an awful, awful upbringing - at some points, I was reduced to tears, as I couldn't understand how a mother (her mum) could treat her daughter so atrociously. Kim Woodburn was treated dispicably, going from one low point to another, but thank heavens her life turned out good in the end - but what a journey getting there. I really felt for her throughout the book and was just grateful that I have a close, loving family, and more importantly, a mother who loves me.

Sunny Days Radio
Sunny Days Radio

3.0 out of 5 stars vtech sunny days radio disappointment, 29 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Sunny Days Radio (Toy)
My 8 month old daughter received this item for Christmas off her uncle, and by Boxing Day it had stopped making any noise. The lights still lit up, but for some reason, there was no sound. She dropped it from her baby walker onto the floor, which was carpeted. I tried ringing vtech the day after Boxing Day, as there is a number to call if this happens, but they don't open for business until 2nd January. It's a good product - but only when it works. I think my daughter loved the sounds and all the flashing lights - it's ideal for babies who are starting to take things in, but it's disappointing that it couldn't withstand a little fall on the carpeted floor. After saying all that though, she had a few other vtech products, and they're all working fine.