Profile for Mr. Brian P. Willis > Reviews

Content by Mr. Brian P. W...

Mr. Brian P. Willis "Causeway" (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Paper 3030131 Mate Sharp writer 0.7mm Mechanical Pencils - Pack of 12, Yellow
Paper 3030131 Mate Sharp writer 0.7mm Mechanical Pencils - Pack of 12, Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. But don't spell very well, 1 July 2015
Have used these for years. Excellent. But don't spell very well.

Manga Studio 5 EX (PC/Mac)
Manga Studio 5 EX (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but steep learning curve, 16 Mar. 2014
I have fallen in love with this prog. I do a lot of cartoon graphics and this is ideal for the task. In the first week I have already used it successfully on a commission (see Facebook Pirates Off Portrush cover graphic) and to use it with a definite end in sight like this was a good way of forcing me to figure out how things work. I particularly like the blur colours facility. (Note the whale) There is still a lot to learn and I think I will have to splash out and buy a book. There are lots of "how to" videos on the web but I do like a good manual to hold in my hand and be able to refer back and forth. Incidentally I needed to discover something in a hurry so used their support email facility and got a reply within a couple of minutes. Yep a happy bunny for my specific requirements.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2016 3:28 PM GMT

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
by Jonas Jonasson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 24 Dec. 2013
Great fun book but strangely enough, once the initial premiss had been established I got a bit bored. But I have a low tolerance threshold.

Long Handled Shoe Horn
Long Handled Shoe Horn
Offered by Mobility Smart

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 24 Dec. 2013
Helps my arthritic wife who has problem bending down to put on her shoes. Coloured too which makes easy to find.

Special offer.....Jolly Roger Pirate Flag (with Patch) 5ft x 3ft
Special offer.....Jolly Roger Pirate Flag (with Patch) 5ft x 3ft
Offered by Rocking Party (UK seller & shipper)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 24 Dec. 2013
Used it on my 25 Pirate Ship built for a pageant. Was worried that the printing was on one side only but material thin enough for the image to show through.

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4 - Black
Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, 24 Dec. 2013
Excellent device. (Much better than the Apple version). My son from Florida here on holiday, doing email business using it. I want one. So he got me one for Christmas.

Ex-Pro® Blue Rotating Emergency Disco Party Light
Ex-Pro® Blue Rotating Emergency Disco Party Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Motor surprise, 24 Dec. 2013
Came well packed and on time. Was surprised that that there is a growling motor to make light revolve. My fault for not considering how else was it to revolve?

Wizard of Oz, The
Wizard of Oz, The
by L. Frank Baum

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Wizard of Oz, The (Hardcover)
I was lent this book by a colleague and fell in love with the illustrations so much I decided I wanted a copy myself. Buying through Amazon it was very cheap. This, without doubt, is the most beautifully illustrated version of Wizard of Oz that I have ever seen and I will spend many happy hours looking at the pictures

System 3 Daler-Rowey Aryclic Colours, Flesh Tint, 75 ml
System 3 Daler-Rowey Aryclic Colours, Flesh Tint, 75 ml
Offered by The Art Shop Skipton

3.0 out of 5 stars the flesh is dear, 10 Nov. 2013
As expected this is a good quality acrylic paint but the postage was excessive and will hunt about for a cheaper purchase . Only bought because i was in a hurry to get more of this colour.

Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Norton Internet Security 2013 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC)
Offered by The Outlet Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Works and cheaper than Norton's, 10 Nov. 2013
Seems to work OK. But how do you test a box of matches?) will let you know when a virus sneaks through. Cheaper than the same article sold by the firm that made it i.e. Norton. So why pay their price?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3