Profile for Mike J King > Reviews

Content by Mike J King

Mike J King "MJK" (Birmingham, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Patisserie de Bain Bath Tartlette Duo, Cafe Paris Gift Set
Patisserie de Bain Bath Tartlette Duo, Cafe Paris Gift Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but a little expensive!, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lovely product! Beautiful packaging, realistic looking 'cakes' with really nice scent.

I left these in our bathroom for a few days and they filled the room with their beautiful 'old world's type smells! Very flowery!

The 2 bath bombs come in delicate, pastural colours, matching their packaging and together they produce a feeling of old fashioned quality.

They work like any other bomb: dissolve quickly and scent the bath water quickly. The heat from the water spreads the smell all over the room.

Lovely product so why only 4 stars? Well, the bombs are small and you only get 2, making them just a little expensive. Most likely given as gifts my slight worry is the recipient might not appreciate the gift fully!

Igenix IG9301 Commercial Drum Fan Heater, 3 kW, Red
Igenix IG9301 Commercial Drum Fan Heater, 3 kW, Red
Offered by Specialist Electricals

4.0 out of 5 stars Good heater, needs careful placement, 27 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this to use in my garage and with the vague hope it could be used to heat my patio on our less than warm summer evenings ......

First impressions are of a well made, sturdy and business like product. Definitely a utility look. Firm metal legs making it stand securely and add to the factory like appearance.

The heater has 3 temperature settings and also functions as a cooler.

It comes with copious instructions, which I'd strongly recommend reading due to the potential for getting burnt!

In operation in my garage, the heater is quiet and gets hot very quickly. I only used the lowest setting for any length of time as my garage is quite small and the unit heated it very well. The cooling function worked OK too, though I've yet to use it on a really hot day.

The supplied cable is very short and - like other reviewers - I had to use an extension lead.

When it came to using it outdoors, my wife and I thought our patio too small for safe use though we may think again.

Well made, powerful and quiet, this is a good buy.

ManCave Natural Eucalytpus Deodorant 75ml
ManCave Natural Eucalytpus Deodorant 75ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good So Far, 10 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once I got over smiling at the product range name - ManCave - I discovered a pleasant smelling, deodorant stick.

Very 70s looking with fairly masculine packaging, I've used this for about a week now and so far so good.

The scent does tend to linger a bit but it's quite subtle and is designed to mask your body smell, so you do want it to act.

Not tested on animals or containing any animal ingredients, this is a product even vegans can use.

Key point - as other reviewers point out - is this is a deodorant not antiperspirant, so it won't stop you smelling!

I've found it lasts most of the day but there is a slight body smell by the end of the day though this can be true of antiperspirants too.

Big issue for me is does it stain my shirts? So far the answer is no but I'd want to have used it with the same shirt for 4 or 5 washes before making my mind up.

I'll update this review later but so far so good!

Dexam Instant Marinator, Clear
Dexam Instant Marinator, Clear
Offered by Colanders FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Kitchen Gadget, 20 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First impressions are good: smaller than I expected and made from good quality plastic, it has a no frills ready for business look.

To be honest I didn't find assembling it quite as easy as the instructions (diagrams not a huge written guide) implied! The bit I had trouble with was the 'vacuum' creating parts - essential for the marinating!

My wife took over and very soon completed the assembling 😀

We've since used it 3 or 4 times with chicken and pork and it does work! Apparently it's the vacumn that 'fast marinates' and the results are good - flavours seem deeper and stronger than you'd expect from the time taken - about 25 - 35 minutes.

Taking the marinator apart is far easier than assembling it and we've ran it thru the dishwasher (top shelf) and its come up clean each time. No obvious scratches or residual food left either.

Only one reservation - it's capacity isn't huge and probably wouldn't work for large families, though obviously it depends on ones appetite 😀

All in all a decent, useable and useful gadget at a fair price.

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Power Refreshing Aftershave Splash 125ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Power Refreshing Aftershave Splash 125ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Great advertising blub for a product that works!, 13 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Expert Hydra Power, enriched with mountain spring water? Great introduction but does it work?

First impressions are good with a bright colour & smart, sporty looking bottle.The product itself is gel like and goes on easily: spreads well so should last well.

Pleasant smell too.

L'Oreal claim it reduces redness & irritation and after using it for a couple of weeks now, I agree! 2 weeks for me means 2 wet shaves and 8 battery ones & can see no obvious difference in effect.

Use all over the face and apply moisturiser on top.

Recommended.

Rexel JOY Laminator A4, Blissful Blue
Rexel JOY Laminator A4, Blissful Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Laminator - worth buying, especially if only need occasionally, 10 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Part of Rexel's "Joy" range, which appears to be based around 2 very bright colours! Thankfully I got the "Blissful Blue" one rather than the Shocking Pink 😀

Anyway, colour aside it's a great little product: small and light enough to easily fit into your bag and take with you.

Well made (for the price) with - for once - a clear instruction guide. In truth its easy to use and only has 2 settings: cold and hot.

Both work well and the hot heats up very quickly. Works on A4 and A5 size paper.

Probably not robust enough for constant use in the office but perfect for home and/or occasional use.

100% recommended!

L'Oreal Paris Collagen Wrinkle De-crease Cream Night 50ml
L'Oreal Paris Collagen Wrinkle De-crease Cream Night 50ml
Offered by chemistdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for crows feet and laughter lines, 23 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very good for crows feet and laughter lines, less effective on forehead wrinkles.

Been using this for about 7 days (nights) now: smallish tub but spreads easily and penetrates the skin quickly too, so a little goes a long way.

Has a slight smell that vanishes quickly and leave the skin feeling softer. Effect lasts less than an hour but presumably carries on working whilst you sleep.

The 'crows feet' in the corners of both eyes are visibly reduced and the bags a little too. Really noticeable 😀

I also use the cream on my forehead but haven't really noticed any improvement in the wrinkles there but maybe I need to use for longer.

Either way, I'll be buying this once the first tub runs out, just for my eyes so the forehead may improve over time.

100% recommended for the eye improvement and at a very fair price too!!

Cti Records: The Cool Revolution
Cti Records: The Cool Revolution

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Music!, 16 Feb. 2016
Great music, lovingly restored and packaged. Anyone with an interest in 70s Soul - Jazz, Jazz Fusion Jazz Rock - call it what you like, should start here.

CTI records was created by respected jazz musician Creed Taylor specifically to make accessible jazz that sold beyond traditional jazz markets and brought the likes of George Benson to great public awareness (though not as a singer, that came later)

Utilising beautiful, tasteful arrangements, superbly arranged and recorded, mostly by Don Sebesky and Rudy Van Gelder CTI's artists often covered current pop hits - check out Esther Phillip's jazzed up Alone Again Naturally version of Gilbert O' Sullivan's hit!

Unfortunately that song is missing from this set and its the omissions that stop me giving this 5 starts: no Idris Mohammed? No Grant Green? And a whole CD of Brazilian inspired music?

Clue is in the title I guess - CTI and cool revolution - no mention of Kudu, the funkier, soulful sister label to CTI.

Standout tracks? Grover's Mr Magic, really sounding fresh today, Hank Crawford's bitter sweat sax on Good Thing Going, Johnny Hammond Smith''s Its Too Late, both of Esther Phillip's oferrings are just a few personal highlights!

So a great buy, really worth 5 stars of anyone's time and money!

Here's hoping for a similar Kudu release very soon!

Kaspersky Total Security 2016 Multi Device - 3 Device - 1 Year (PC/Mac/Android)
Kaspersky Total Security 2016 Multi Device - 3 Device - 1 Year (PC/Mac/Android)

4.0 out of 5 stars OK but you can better., 13 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Standard protection from a well known, reliable and well established firm.

Easy to install (on my Win 10 laptop and PC)

A little expensive compared to other packages and Apple protection poor - only offers some password & internet browsing.

OK but you can better.

Golf Rules Illustrated: 2016-2017 (Royal & Ancient)
Golf Rules Illustrated: 2016-2017 (Royal & Ancient)
by R&A Championships Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars I used to love playing golf but strictly as an 'enthusiastic amateur' and ..., 23 Jan. 2016
Golf? Ah yes, I remember it well from my pre marriage days 😊

Seriously, I used to love playing golf but strictly as an 'enthusiastic amateur' and TBH I'm not an expert on the rules!

But the book is great! High quality paper, attractive layout and good use of photos creates a good impression.

The text keeps those up: rules can be a dull thing to read about but this is good. I think it's the clear, uncluttered layout and clever use of stories to spice it up that makes this so readable.

And - of course - educational. Not a book to take out on the course with your clubs but one to read in the clubhouse after a 2 under par 😃

100% recommended!!