Profile for Mr. J. A. Gilbert > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. A. Gilbert

Mr. J. A. Gilbert "kitesurferdude" (England)

Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars GTA4 - Game of the Year., 29 April 2008
I got GTA4 this morning (Amazon dropped it off at 7am!) and put bluntly, its the best game i've played in years. The special edition comes with some pretty cool stuff aswell, the art book is pretty interesting, the CDs great, the bag might come in handy one day, the lockbox thingy also might be handy and the keyrings really nice!!

Getting onto the game:
The graphics are really good, not the best, but definatly more than good enough. Its the level of detail that shocked me, everything from pedestrians being individual, to when you get into a car at night, an interior light comes on when the door is open.
The campaign will keep me busy for weeks, the storys really deep, and even once its all over, theres always online multiplayer!! Theres also up to a 4 player co-op mode, so you can get all your mates over too!
The new cars look great, all the characters have really deep storys and you feel like you can asociate with them. Niko's background reveals itself more and more as the game progresses, so I find myself constantly learning new bits about him!
And the best part... It's hilarious. Mostly little things like an internet cafe called TW@, to the ragdoll physics of when you "accidently" hit a pedestrian!

This gets a solid 10/10 from me, and I would definatly recommend it to any over 18 (its pretty gorey!!) Definatly the best title in the series (in my opinion).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2008 7:14 PM BST

Skate (PS3)
Skate (PS3)
Offered by passionFlix UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game on 360!, 25 April 2008
This review is from: Skate (PS3) (Video Game)
I've always loved the Tony Hawk games, and i've been an on-off skater for about 8 years now. I always felt the Tony Hawks games were fun, but not quite all there. Skate is so much fun, you can practice a trick in skate, then go outside and try it yourself! Skate made me take skateboarding up again, and ok... I still suck, but the thought was there!

If you ask me, you cant go wrong with skate, its really good fun online, with some good xbox achievement thingys to keep you going once the single player is completed. You get to make your own character, and mine looks just like me! You also get sponcerd by firms such as FLIP, Enjoi and DC's. Something i've always dreamed of!!

Pipe Dreams: A Surfer's Journey
Pipe Dreams: A Surfer's Journey
by Kelly Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book i've ever read!, 27 Jan. 2008
Kelly Slater is my hero. Has been since I was 6 years old, and this book was just brilliant. All the storys of his childhood were deep, some hillarious, some moving. I found it truly fasinating to be seeing things from his point of view, everything from surf comps to touring the world, to staying down here in Cornwall freezing his whatsits off.

Brilliant read... I think i'll go read it again now!

The World Stormrider Guide: v.2: Vol 2 (Stormrider Guides)
The World Stormrider Guide: v.2: Vol 2 (Stormrider Guides)
by Antony Colas
Offered by Bennett Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars well I know where i'm going surfing!, 10 April 2005
this book has shown me alternative surfing spots to Hawii! I now know what plane I need to save up for and catch!

Internet-linked Complete Book of Astronomy and Space (Usborne complete books)
Internet-linked Complete Book of Astronomy and Space (Usborne complete books)
by Alistair Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 10 April 2005
I bought this book to help me with a physics project on space...it ruled! it had everything I needed in it, in a very well presented format. Thank you Amazon!