Profile for wobblyone > Reviews

The Best of Keane - Deluxe Editon
The Best of Keane - Deluxe Editon
Offered by DVDMAX-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch what you order!, 3 Aug. 2015
I made mistake when I bought this cd! Not realising there are two different versions of "The Best Of" I originally purchased the one disc version. The album was a delight and the diverse song writing blew me away. When I discovered I could have bought the deluxe version with 15 more tracks to immerse myself in I was really annoyed. Later I bought "Strangelands" another enjoyable , though lighter mix of their songs. I still kept stewing over the fact that I had missed out this extra disc. In the end I paid for the deluxe version (so now I have two disc ones!) just so I could find what I missed the first time. I can tell you it was worth it. The songs were more laid back on the second disc but no less enjoyable.

Folding Mancala
Folding Mancala

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay but not geat, 12 April 2015
This review is from: Folding Mancala (Toy)
Compact mancala game is okay to use if you have small fingers and a delicate touch. The little beans tend to bounce out of the pits and are difficult to pick up if there are several in one pit. Okay for travelling but clumsy for home use.

Philips DVT 3000 Digital Recorder with Auto Adjust Recording
Philips DVT 3000 Digital Recorder with Auto Adjust Recording

2.0 out of 5 stars no good, 18 Jan. 2015
The sound quality was bad on play back and it couldn't cope with quiet sounds.
When charging the recorder via USB the rechargeable battery got so hot I couldn't hold it and there was a strong plastic smell.

KOSNIC 2D LED LAMP 9W 2 PIN COOL WHITE 4000K ENERGY SAVING 2D LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT FOR 16W 2D 2 PIN LAMP 30,000 HOURS 120 DEGREE BEAM ANGLE
Offered by thegamebooth

3.0 out of 5 stars Concept is great, you just remove your existing 2d light, 31 Dec. 2014
Concept is great, you just remove your existing 2d light, disconnect the starter and hey presto you now have instant light with no flickering. These are cheaper to run aswell, so you can't lose! Word of warning though, the overall dimensions of the led replacement are bigger than the 2d original which means they might not fit in some small 2d light housing. Check with the vendor first before ordering. We learned the hard way and had to get a refund.

Five Centuries Of Choral Music For Mixed Voices
Five Centuries Of Choral Music For Mixed Voices

4.0 out of 5 stars okay book, 19 April 2014
The print on some of the score is difficult to read. What the printers have done is is to use a font similar to old fashioned typeface or simply copied previous scores to go in the book. I have to write over some of the letters to make it clearer.
The other gripe is that I paid £10.87 for the book which came from USA and the invoice stated the same amount in dollars. Amazon made an instant profit from the exchange rate.

Rapid Eyewear WOMENS POLARISED OVERGLASSES Fashionable TORTOISESHELL UV400 Sunglasses That Fit Over Glasses
Offered by Rapid Eyewear Sunglasses for Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars sunglasses to look cool in, 14 Mar. 2014
Good sunglasses which also look fashionable. When the glasses arrived in a rather battered jiffy bag I was concerned they might be damaged, in fact I discovered one of the "lenses" had popped out. A little manipulation was all it took to pop it back in place. They are comfortable to wear and don't press too much behind the ears. A good buy

Triolet
Triolet

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble with numbers, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Triolet (Toy)
Looking for a board games which could be played by 2 or 3 people, I came across Triolet. The game consists of a board which looks very Scrabble like, with "double points" and "Treble points" squares, 4 tile racks and lots of number tiles. The object of the game is to score the most points by laying up to 3 tiles in crossword formation to add up to 15. Points can be gained in two directions and bonus points can be gained if you can lay your 3 tiles in one go.
With Scrabble you need a good dictionary in your head but Triolet just requires you to be able to add up to 15. This means it seems to be easy to play but, after a few games, you realise there is a lot of strategy involved. A single game takes about half an hour.
I thoroughly recommend the game, both educational and recreational. Children and adults can play together but children might find more tricky to get high points; perhaps they could start with, say, 50 or 100 points to get them going.

Gounod: Faust, Opera in English
Gounod: Faust, Opera in English
Offered by KELINDO³

4.0 out of 5 stars Opera for the masses, 28 Nov. 2011
Having read a review of this particular recording in an Opera Enclyopaedia I thought I would try it out. I am more of a light operetta fan (Gilbert and Sullivan) but thought I should try and broaden my horizons.
The opera is obviously sung in English, having been translated from the original French. If you have any trouble understanding the lyrics there is a helpful book which accompanies the CD's, which contains all the libretto and has an outline of the story.
The listening is fairly easy and though there was only one melody that I recognized I still found the music enjoyable to listen to. It would take a couple of playings to get to know the music and I think the whole thing would be enhanced if you could see the acting aswell but, overall, well worth the investment. Gounod's compositions tend to be a lot more melodic and approachable than some other opera composers of the same era and Faust compares well with Bizet's Carmen.
So, go on, give a try.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
Offered by Netro Enterprise

4.0 out of 5 stars Crazy but clever game, 28 Jun. 2011
Having looked at reviews of Ghost Trick, I thought I would try the game out.
First of all, the graphics are remeniscent of Japanese comics, a lot of wacky homour. When the characters converse with each other the screen "shakes" to show emotion which can be a bit off-putting. The plot is, of course, far-fetched but intriguing and compelling. To find out about the "ghost's" past you must solve logic problems. This involves manipulating various inanimate objects and comunicating with dead and sometimes living people and animals. I liked the little clues the characters gave if I completely failed the objective of a puzzle but they also dropped hints if I was nearly right in my actions. Sometimes when the wrong moves gave hilarious results. I don't think I have laughed out loud at my DS before.
The only reason the game didn't get 5 stars was the brevity of the game( maybe that was because it was so additive I kept going back to it at every spare moment.) The story came to a conclusion at the end but I hope the makers will continue with this, quite original, genre of game. Ghost Trick 2 please.

4 Elements (Nintendo DS)
4 Elements (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars An intellegent game., 15 Jun. 2011
I bought 4 Elements for my husband for his birthday after we both enjoyed the demo version on the pc. It has 64 levels of proper gameplay, which consists of highlighting 3 or more gems to clear a path; it is interspersed with brief "spot the difference" and "find the missing object". These "extras" are a bit annoying as we are not really interested in spot the difference, but these have to be completed to move on to the next level. My concern was that it wouldn't transfer to DS very well because the object of the game is to follow various paths to reach a goal. These can be quite intricate and on the pc you can see a larger portion of the path than you can on the DS. My husband has not found too many problems with this as he uses the arrow buttons to move around the area, though I occasionally hear curses because the screen keeps moving to an area which he is not ready to play yet.
The game has my husband scratching his head but he is enjoying the challenge. Even when a level seems impossible he eventually finds a way round, but it can take two or three goes to get through it.So far he has reached level 47 and I am waiting patiently for hime to finish so I can have a go.
Update on 4 Elements: If you are left handed you will find it a lot harder to play than a right-handed person. The main controls are the stylus and the cursor control button. If you are left-handed and can't swap hands to use the stylus you have to alternate cursor button with stylus. It therefore takes a lot longer to navigate the screen and select gems when making a path. I am right-handed and completed all 64 levels in two days; my husband took two WEEKS and still hasn't managed to complete the last level because of the control problem. My advice is to buy the pc version if you are left-handed.

Page: 1 | 2