Profile for Rob > Reviews

Content by Rob

Rob "Rob" (Birmingham, UK)

Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2006 Champagne 75 cl (Gift Box)
Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2006 Champagne 75 cl (Gift Box)
Offered by Saxtys Wines

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Jun. 2016
Simply excellent.

SassodiSole Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG 2006 75 cl
SassodiSole Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG 2006 75 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic wine bought for a special occasion as we had ..., 4 Jun. 2016
Fantastic wine bought for a special occasion as we had a similar bottle on our honeymoon. Long finish and it did not disappoint.

Rounding the Mark (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries Book 7)
Rounding the Mark (The Inspector Montalbano Mysteries Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 May 2015
A very enjoyable book. I look forward to reading th entire series. An apt subject in today's troubled tines with refugees from Africa.

AGPtek® 28-Function Bike Computer Two-line Four Windows LCD Displays
AGPtek® 28-Function Bike Computer Two-line Four Windows LCD Displays

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Oct. 2014
My little boy loves it - menu controls are a bit fiddly to use.

Black + Decker Pivot Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - 18 Volt
Black + Decker Pivot Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - 18 Volt

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 29 Oct. 2014
Poor battery life - lost ability to hold a charge after 6 months. I would not recommend buying this.

Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Terrance (Blue)
Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Terrance (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Allowedas hand luggage on Easyjet!!, 5 April 2011
Originally I had feedback from Easyjet stating that the dimensions were not suitable for cabin baggage but I subsequently when back and asked teh same question again and they said it was fine....undue stress caused by their Service Desk.....We recently had our holiday and teh Trunki was a life saver and the kids loved them.

Apologies to Trunki for original criticism.....key point is to challenge the airline if initial response negative.

Ps. Mad thing is that Easyjet sell/market them in the Boutique brochure.....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2011 6:59 PM BST

Matter
Matter
by Iain M. Banks

1.0 out of 5 stars A very disapointing read, 9 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Matter (Paperback)
This is the first review that I have posted on this site and unfortunately my main motivation is to express a feeling of being let down by a 'hodge podge' of a novel that doesn't stand up to any of the previous Culture based SF novels. Lets be clear I am a huge fan but after the last 3 novels that I have read since the Algebraist: Dead Air, Raw Spirit (didn't even bother to finish that one....) and now this you start to wonder what is happening...The pace of the book was mind bending slow , characters that were built up over many pages only to be arbitrarily killed and the ending was so at odds with the rest of the book it felt like an afterthought..It was a good idea for a book but poorly executed .If your looking at starting to read any of Iain M Banks stuff start with the early work and not here as you will do well to finish this one....
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2011 7:13 PM GMT

Boa Grabit Damaged Screw Remover Set
Boa Grabit Damaged Screw Remover Set

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem, 7 Mar. 2008
This little gem did exactly what I needed - that is remove a screw which had lost its alum key thread - from my car roof rack. It was easier than I thought it would be once I could access the screw and it came out first time.