Profile for Mrs. Aj Chase > Reviews

Wrights SideWinder Portable Bobbin Winder 88175
Wrights SideWinder Portable Bobbin Winder 88175
Offered by USADIRECT

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless, in my opinion, 28 Dec. 2014
I bought this to wind bobbins for my embroidery machine.I seem to use loads of them. It just didn't work at all. The little motor didn't even manage to wind half a bobbin before it packed up. Each time I tried, it would start to wind, but after 3 or 4 seconds would slow right down and stop. We even replaced the batteries that came with it, with ones known to be new, but nothing helped. Totally useless, in my opinion. I sent it back for a full refund!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2017 8:58 AM GMT

My Rag Doll: 11 adorable rag dolls to sew with clothes and accessories
My Rag Doll: 11 adorable rag dolls to sew with clothes and accessories
by Corinne Crasbercu

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., 26 May 2014
Very disappointed with this book. Not only do you have to find a photocopier to enlarge all the pattern pieces by 140%, you then have to add a seam allowance to each piece - no mean feat. I complained to the company - twice - and have never received even the courtesy of a reply. I don't see myself using this book. Waste of money.

Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Darker

1.0 out of 5 stars So badly written, 6 July 2012
As an avid book reader of good fiction, I am insulted by this book.Chicklit is too good a word for it. If you have any sort of brain, don't bother.

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

1.0 out of 5 stars Chick lit par excellence, 4 Jun. 2012
I am so very disappointed with this book. I foolishly bought all three for my Kindle. I am finding this novel to be very badly written and very amateurish in it's story telling. I have read about a third of it but just cannot bring myself to waste any more time in reading any more. I love a good read, but this is book is insulting my intelligence.

Green & Black's Ultimate: Chocolate Recipes: The New Collection
Green & Black's Ultimate: Chocolate Recipes: The New Collection
by Micah Carr-Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 18 Feb. 2011
If you're a chocolate lover, this book is definately for you. Full of the most fabulous recipes. Easy to follow and brilliant to eat. I love it.

Sew!
Sew!
by Cath Kidston

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 7 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Sew! (Paperback)
Loved this book. I am an experienced sewer but found this book to have something for everyone, as they say. I also bought a copy for my teenage niece who is learning to sew. She found loads of things to make inside it. The bonus of a whole kit to make a pretty bag, which was included in the price of the book was great.Can highly recommend this book.

An Introduction to Window 7
An Introduction to Window 7
by P.R.M. Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 7 Mar. 2010
This is a brilliant book for all new comers to Windows 7. I found it easy to use & very informative. Well worth the money.

Inkscape: Guide to a Vector Drawing Program (3rd Edition)
Inkscape: Guide to a Vector Drawing Program (3rd Edition)
by Tavmjong Bah

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much technical language, 22 Jan. 2010
This book does tell you all about Inkscape but it does it in mostly very technical language. I am fairly new to Inkscape & found this book to be not much help to learn the basics.