Profile for jimimckillop > Reviews

The Master [DVD]
The Master [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman

4.0 out of 5 stars The Master, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Master [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent, offbeat movie with superb performances all round. A real testament to the late Philip Seymour Hoffman's talent.Would definitely recommend.

Rottweiler Pet Sign
Rottweiler Pet Sign

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of dog sign review, 6 May 2014
Poor quality item, not suitable for outdoors (and who wants a 'beware of dog' sign indoors?). Definitely wouldn't recommend this item, much better alternatives available, very disappointed.

Mondo Sahara
Mondo Sahara
Dvd ~ Austin Vince

3.0 out of 5 stars Mondo mishap, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Mondo Sahara (DVD)
What I'd hoped would be an awe inspiring account of desert riding, turned out to be a viewing endurance test. Now I understand, on a limited budget, that it wasn't going to have the variety of 'On any sunday' or the drama & danger of the Dakar rally but unfortunately it didn't stir up any real emotion in me whatsoever. I expected to be inspired to start planning my own desert trip based on events captured by Mondo Sahara but the inspiration never materialised. Perhaps my expectations were too high in this regard but I felt strangely unmoved by the film as a whole. My only hope is that maybe other viewers may connect with it in the way I had expected to and that it does lead them to their own unique desert experience. I'm sure the trip was a wonderful experience for all involved but they should've kept their video footage as a memory of their experience and not charged £20 for people to share it. Maybe a 15 min youtube post?? Anyway, ultimately I wouldn't recommend this dvd unless you can secure a copy at a greatly reduced rate and it pains me to say so...