Profile for Mike Elliott > Reviews

Content by Mike Elliott

Mike Elliott (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Betron Apple Certified Lightning Connector, Durable Charger Cable for iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPad Mini, 1Meters - Black
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Nov. 2016
Great quality iPhone lead, very happy with it.

Everest
Everest

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 May 2016
This review is from: Everest (Amazon Video)
Great movie

Skyfall
Skyfall

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Bond movies, 17 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Skyfall (Amazon Video)
Excellent movie. Watched at the cinema originally, having watched again I picked up so much more detail the second time.

iPhone 6s Case, Anker Ultra Protective Case With Built-in Clear Screen Protector for iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s (4.7 inch) Drop-Tested, Dust Proof Design (Black/Grey)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Really please with this phone case. Not too bulky ..., 13 Aug. 2015
Really please with this phone case. Not too bulky but it protects the iPhone extremely well in harsh conditions. On a minor point, with the headphones or lightning cable connected the phone doesn't sit flat on a surface, resting on the protective flaps whilst they are in the open position.

AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for 5-Inch / 12.7 cm Sat Navs
AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for 5-Inch / 12.7 cm Sat Navs

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Jun. 2015
Does the job well, protects my Tomtom GO 5000 when not in use.

TomTom GO 5000 5-inch Sat Nav with European Maps and Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates - Black/Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful device but held back by a few flaws, 23 Jun. 2015
A very useful device but held back by a few flaws. The upgrade process has been a nightmare compared to earlier models. It isn't possible to download and then apply the update, everything happens in a single step but it is unreliable and time consuming. The live traffic data has been very useful but there have been occasions where it takes too long to connect.

The Hangover Part II
The Hangover Part II

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 23 Jun. 2015
Funny, but a little predictable having seen the first movie.

Kuissential Manual Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder, Hand-crank Coffee Mill
Kuissential Manual Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder, Hand-crank Coffee Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars Good grinder, ergonomically sound., 21 Dec. 2014
I had used a friends stainless steel/ceramic coffee grinder recently and wanted one of my own for home. The stainless one was tricky to hold when grinding and that's what attracted me to the Kuissential grinder. The jar is a good shape and combined with the rubber base makes it fairly easy to keep a good grip when grinding.

I like the neat addition of a lid for the jar meaning you can grind up some coffee and store it away with the lid fitted. It might have been nice to provide a similar part that could be fastened to the grinder section for storage, but I just use a small plastic bag for that.

All in all a good grinder for the money, does a nice job of grinding the coffee and very comfortable to use.

Stuff4 Leather Smart Case with 360 Degree Rotating Swivel Action and Free Screen Protector/Stylus Touch Pen for Apple iPad Mini/Mini Retina - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case, great value, 2 Sept. 2013
I bought this case for my daughter to protect her new iPad mini. The case is well made, rotates and adjusts well with a good quality feel. The iPad snaps into place like a glove and is well protected.

All in all a good quality product at a very reasonable price.

Office Politics: How to Thrive in a World of Lying, Backstabbing and Dirty Tricks
by Oliver James

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has opened my eyes and brought a long lost smile back to my face, 21 July 2013
I pretty much tripped over this book accidentally, I am so glad that I did.

My eyes are now wide open, I have been able to set a few things straight in my own mind about the office in which I work. Anybody interested in the unspoken workings of a group of colleagues and the wider organisations within which they operate will learn something from this book.

I leave this book feeling somewhat disappointed at the reality surrounding me at work but happy in that I can find my place more easily within it. My sense of authenticity and understanding of my own ethical and moral standing feel like a solid platform from which I now look forward to observing the workplace tomorrow morning. Bring it on!

Great book.