Profile for mark winter > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Drag the Dots
Drag the Dots

4.0 out of 5 stars Great time killer, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Drag the Dots (App)
After meeting him in real life, I was told Andrew Fishers had made a game called 'Drag the Dots' so I decided to have a crack and it does exactly what it says on the tin, which is nice.

All in all, a great game to play if you're bored. 4 stars for good fun.

Football Chairman
Football Chairman

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we all wanted, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Football Chairman (App)
I have been playing the Lite version of this, which was just brilliant. So I downloaded this for £2.99 and, I cannot put into words just how exceptional this has been for me.

You're the chairman of a brand new football club in which you get to name. You have to choose the best possible manager to ensure success and earn promotion throughout the leagues. You can increase and decrease the capacity of your stadium, buy and sell players (your manager will either be angry that you've sold a great player, or be pleased that you've bought the best. You can choose the appropriate ticket prices and food quality and prices of your home matches, and even choose your kit colour! Also there are numerous trophies to earn as you battle for the best; even the Champion's League!
Your weekly cost can even go up as you purchase more benefits e.g. better youth facilities, but it's worth it.
Your manager can get angry and leave, and your fans can also get annoyed of your actions, so be careful!
If you get stuck, in-game purchase are there to assist you.

Conclusively, I would recommend this app to all footy lovers out there.
Do not hesitate to buy! You won't want to stop once you've started.

Maths Countdown Game Free
Maths Countdown Game Free

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring but has signs of improvement, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Maths Countdown Game Free (App)
I downloaded this app to test my maths skills, and I'm glad it served its purpose. However it didn't really do much more.
Although this app is exactly like Countdown, (music, timer, etc), advertisements pop up at times you wish they didn't. Also they could make it more original, because when you open the app there's a screenshot of action in the program itself, which is also pixelated.

Overall, download if all you want is to test your knowledge.

FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS
FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS (App)
As a football fan, I've been playing FIFA for years, but this was my first time experiencing it on a tablet. Because you're playing on a touch-screen, I thought it would take me longer to become familiar with the controls. I was glad that this wasn't an issue. Game play is excellent: the new 'Ultimate Team' attraction kept me glued to my Kindle for hours each day.

Conclusively, I would recommend this app to all football fans out there. Even if you're new to the game, this is a great app.

Pears to Pairs - Card Game
Pears to Pairs - Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Pears to Pairs - Card Game (App)
This is a smash-hit game on ROBLOX, so I downloaded the app on the Kindle to see if it was as good, and I'm glad to say it was! As stated previously, it'd be better if it was as popular on the tablet as it is on ROBLOX.

Office Story
Office Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., 15 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Office Story (App)
The description of the game persuaded me to have a go at this app and, I'm glad I did. The graphics were better than I thought, and the story of the game is brilliant. I'd recommend this app to all ages.

Doctor Who: Say What You See
Doctor Who: Say What You See

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who: Say What You See (App)
After looking at the reviews, I downloaded this app. However, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Despite this, I had fun testing my Doctor Who knowledge. Overall, a decent app.

FlipPix Art - Simple Pleasures
FlipPix Art - Simple Pleasures

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could be better, 25 Oct. 2013
Great game, but the two buttons (to submit a colour or a blank) are very easy to press the wrong one by mistake, and hence have to start the level all over again.

It would be better to have 'one tap' on each square to submit a colour, and 'two taps' for a blank square.

An undo feature would be a compromise, because it is so easy to press the wrong button by mistake, and ruin an hours work.

One star removed for forcing customers to write a review. Ridiculous.

Monkey Boxing
Monkey Boxing

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Monkey Boxing (App)
This app will make you laugh. That will never change. Graphics are great, you can customize your own monkey to go your personality which is nice. Great game, recommended.

The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (App)
This app really promotes the Simpsons to a whole new level. You can create your own Springfield, educate yourself with the characters and/or shops, and make friends for rewards! Outstanding game, certainly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10