Profile for EinahSedgman > Reviews

Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Isa is my food God, 11 July 2012
Seriously, she never lets me down. Bought Veganomicon and LOVED it! Then foolishly brought Happy Herbivore by some other author and sent it back the day it arrived and brought this instead and man, am I glad I did. Just had Jambalaya Stew with Sweet potato drop biscuits... YUM!!! Wish I could have all of her books right now.. it's defiantly a work in process. She just seems to have such variety and is so down to earth and chatty, can't praise her enough. Droopy salads and everyday-pasta is an absolute thing of the past.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Happy Herbivore Cookbook: Over 175 Delicious Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Lindsay S. Nixon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Veganomicon, 5 July 2012
I had recently purchased Veganomicon and fell completely in love with it, so wanted to get another vegan cookbook and begin to expand my library. Its Ok, easy and basic which is what its all about but I really do feel Veganomicon took the next step and really went for it with the range of recipes. This one is very much chuck-something-together-after-work which alot of people would really engage with, but not me. Sorry! I found it too boring. Am sending back and purchasing 'Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz' instead... should of stuck with what I knew.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2015 6:16 AM GMT

Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the few vegan cookbooks worth its weight in gold., 1 July 2012
Amazing, love it. So far I have tried the Bean Balls with Spaghetti, Snobby Joe and Fudgy-Wudgy Blueberry Brownies and Low Fat Banana Bread. They have all come out perfect and will defiantly be made again and again. My book is packed with tags of recipes I want to try! However UK buyers... get your 'cups' ready and be prepared for making substitutions to ingredients as this is American based. But it all still works fine, replaced Molasses with Maple Syrup for the Banana Bread and was perfect. Can't recommend this book enough for vegans and omni's alike.

Iguanas for Dummies (Howell dummies series)
Iguanas for Dummies (Howell dummies series)
by Melissa Kaplan

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dummie no more!, 24 Jun. 2012
This book is fantastic it covers literally everything! It Has more knowledge than the internet in an accessible way. If you have no idea about iguanas with this book you'll instantly be one of the best iguana keepers out their.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars This makes cutting out meat too easy.., 14 Jun. 2012
Big fan of Hugh, always have been and now... defiantly always will be! Have everything from his Meat book to his River Cottage Everyday and have always had great pleasure making and eating his recipes. Recently I have made the choice to turn vegan. Now this was never going to be an overnight thing but this book defiantly has made it much easier with virtually all of the recipes easy to vegan-ise! Cheers Hugh, now just bring out a totally vegan inspired book full of vegan puds and I'll be set! :)

Billy Blanks' Tae Bo: The Ultimate Collection [DVD]
Billy Blanks' Tae Bo: The Ultimate Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Blanks

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars for 'Abs and Glutes', the rest just don't do it for me., 10 April 2012
The title pretty much says it all. Abs and Glutes is amazing! I can still feel it two days on. The other dvds, two of which are actually the same, just don't engage me. Think i'll be sticking with the Firm and Bob Harper.. they deliver SERIOUS results!

Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo: 4 - Abs And Glutes [DVD]
Billy Blanks' Tae-Bo: 4 - Abs And Glutes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Blank's Tae-Bo
Offered by Gaming_Universe

4.0 out of 5 stars So much better then I realized!, 9 April 2012
I'v had this dvd hanging around for a while as part of the multi-disk pack which I had purchased and after trying 'Energize', I had put the whole lot on the shelf and worked with Bob Harper and the Firm which I love! However both of them use weights and I couldn't travel with them, so needing to tone up, I tried this. Amazing! My bum felt it immediately and my abs were in agony the next day. Defiantly want to continue with this as many of the reviews have promised good results with continuous use and I can defiantly see why.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, keeps the cold out.. but not the rain!, 19 Dec. 2011
I do love this jacket and wear it on ever run through winter. However... I thought it was waterproof? Don't be fooled, it's not.

Cardio Conditioning [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Cardio Conditioning [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Had my fitness-trainer boyfriend doubled over before half way..., 19 Dec. 2011
As you can imagine from the title... it's tough! I love Bob Harper and have all of the Inside Out series (apart from the recently released Kettle bell ones and 'Bob's Workout' which is sadly only available in America. They always get me sweaty and after just under 2 months of mixing this particular dvd with running I have lost a stone. Bob does say you need to do intense exercise 4/6 times a week to see a difference and he's right. The weight loss wont come to you... you have to go and get it!

Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life
Apples for Jam:Recipes for Life
by Tessa Kiros

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 22 Oct. 2011
If affordable, delicious food is what your after, do not hesitate to purchase this book.
I have a tendency to use recipes just as a lose guideline but even so.... I made possibly the best meatballs I have ever tried and my boyfriend loves the Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies from here. If unsure what to eat for a meal, I automatically skip through the pages of Apples for Jam and it never fails to inspire me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4